**Golden Princess May 14, 2011 - Vancouver To Seattle**

LEtue

Margie and I feel the same way. We don't want to go to Alaska and have temps in the 80's or more :eek:

Here is a picture to get us just a little more excited about this trip ;)

76877068_haxNp-M.jpg

When I saw the photo, my heart sank.... homesick for Alaska.... Oh, well, the countdown is on...:) At least talking to new friends will help the time pass. That and looking for a bargain for this Sept.!

Mary

Ooops, the picture was supposed to make you happy!!!! :D

The time will pass quickly. Summers are usually over in a flash and the holidays always sneak up on me.....so before you know it we'll be into 2011 :eek:

Ooops, the picture was supposed to make you happy!!!! :D

The time will pass quickly. Summers are usually over in a flash and the holidays always sneak up on me.....so before you know it we'll be into 2011 :eek:

So, true... I can't believe it's almost June and Summer is here... Football season is just around the corner...:D

Was thinking about our itineraty and why we would be making a stop in Victoria...since we're boarding in Vancouver.

Too bad we're not sailing the last day inside Vancouver Island and into Seattle. :)

Good morning Mary. Hope you're enjoying the long weekend :D

Margie will be home tomorrow and I can't wait to hear about her cruise on the Sapphire!

Hi, Linda

Yes, we're enjoying the weekend. Bought new deck furniture and my DH is assembling it. Always some type of project going on around here.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the trip from Margie, too.

Did you see the thread on the Princess board about the International Cafe with all the photos? My oh my, it made me very hungry!

I wish we were sailing through the Inside Passage on the way back to Seattle, but at least we get to see it on our way to Juneau. Most Seattle R/T sailings skip it altogether.

I watched a movie with scenes from Greece last night. That's one of my dream cruises... the Greek isles. Very beautiful.

OMG, I just read some of the Internation Cafe thread and you are right - the pictures made me so hungry!

Off to grill some chicken for dinner!

I thought I was talking too much about the International Cafe until I saw the photos... mmmm Good! I gain a few pounds just looking at the treats.

We just finished dinner... baked ravioli. Not as "diet conscious" as grilled chicken.

Does Margie get back today or tomorrow? Are they flying home after the cruise or staying a few days? Can't wait to hear all about it.

My friends are flying home to Chicago via LHR from their Eurodam sailing. I think, but am not certain, their flight may have been cancelled. Let's hope they are on a different flight.

Mary

Margie is due back in SEA tomorrow morning and will be flying home to Houston then. No post cruise stay.

According to the webcam they are still in route to Victoria. Still wondering why our cruise is making that stop since we are not doing a RT from SEA.....

I watched the Golden sail tonight too. Love those webcams :D

Hi all,

Can we join you??? DH and I just booked this cruise as well! We initially had the Sapphire Pacific Coastal booked only but when I noticed that the Golden sails from Vancouver to Seattle, I convinced him to let us do this B2B! So we have a 14 day extravaganza planned sailing from LA and ending up in Seattle!

I am so excited!! DH and I will do the Coastal alone and then our 2 children and our parents will join us in Vancouver for the Golden. I hope there will be other children on the ship as well since it's so early in the season. I want them to have a good time too, although both are quite mature and will likely just enjoy the scenery.

I too am wishing this could be an Inside Passage x2 itiniary! I don't like the rough waters and wish we could sail East of Vancouver Island for the amazing scenery. But once is better than none.

I hope to meet you all! Cannot wait! Katherine

Hi all,

Can we join you??? DH and I just booked this cruise as well! We initially had the Sapphire Pacific Coastal booked only but when I noticed that the Golden sails from Vancouver to Seattle, I convinced him to let us do this B2B! So we have a 14 day extravaganza planned sailing from LA and ending up in Seattle!

I am so excited!! DH and I will do the Coastal alone and then our 2 children and our parents will join us in Vancouver for the Golden. I hope there will be other children on the ship as well since it's so early in the season. I want them to have a good time too, although both are quite mature and will likely just enjoy the scenery.

I too am wishing this could be an Inside Passage x2 itiniary! I don't like the rough waters and wish we could sail East of Vancouver Island for the amazing scenery. But once is better than none.

Yes, we have been waiting for others to join us and welcome to you and your family!

As you can see Mary and I have been chatting away as if the cruise were next month so you know we're excited about this trip and the unique itinerary :D

Looking forward to meeting all of you on board :)

Hi all,

Hi, Katherine

We're more than happy to have you join us. Welcome.

Your 14 day itinerary sounds wonderful. I would like to add the three day Golden sailing from LA to Vancouver to our trip, but cannot do so because of maritime laws.

I'm sure your entire family will love Alaska as well as just being together.

Yes, Linda and I have been chatting away. I guess the excitement is getting the best of us.

Look forward to getting to know everyone over the next year.

Mary

BTW... Margie... I still want to hear all about your cruise....

Good morning all....it's back to work today :(

But it is another short week for me since I fly to Atlanta on Thursday to celebrate my grandchildren's 1st and 3rd birthdays :D

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning all....it's back to work today :(

But it is another short week for me since I fly to Atlanta on Thursday to celebrate my grandchildren's 1st and 3rd birthdays :D

Have a great day everyone!

Back to work for me today, too. Thought it would be a slow pace, but I was wrong.

Off to Austin again tomorrow. In my mind, I'm off to Alaska or Greece or Italy or the UK....:D

I hope the grandchildren have very Happy Birthdays and that you have a safe trip.

Mary

I had a crazy day at work too after being off for 4 days! Yiyeks. I am totally pooped and cannot wait for the kids to go to bed so I can just sit in a dark room and meditate. ;)

I just made a countdown clock for our next cruise (Thanskgiving on the Mariner) and it's still 172 days away! UGH UGH UGH! I just can't wait that long!

Katherine

Looks like we all had a painful first day back to work yesterday :( Holiday weekends are so nice but we sure do pay for them later.....

Katherine, I never sailed on the Mariner when she was here in FL. Wish I had since I hear great things about her! Thanksgiving is a great week to sail and my kids and I use to do that - before they got married and started families of their own :)

Hello, Linda, Katherine and Margie

Hope you are enjoying the weekend. Bright, sunny and hot here. Typical Summer weather for Texas.

I read a thread on the HAL board about lackluster Roll Call participation. I had to smile... it's still almost a year away and we've already started making friends. :D

Katherine, I've never tried Royal Caribbean. How do you like it?

Off to run more errands.

Mary

Hello everyone! We had a great birthday celebration here yesterday for the grand kids and I'm tired!!! 1 and 3 year olds really wear me out :eek:

I will be flying home Tuesday so if I don't post tomorrow I'll catch up then.

Mary - try RCI. You should like it and I find it similar to Princess except during holidays. There are usually big families on board then and lots of kids.....

Hello.

I just read a thread on the Princess board regarding NORO on the Sapphire. Margie, was it prevalent when you were onboard a week ago?

Linda, surviving playing G'ma forr the weekend? :)

Mary

Archived