anyone just off the Diamond???

cruisekitty7

We arrived in Vancouver on the Diamond this morning and had long delays waiting for luggage to be unloaded from the ship so I think many people are still making their way home.

As for the weather, it can be erratic - Whittier was rainy, then we had excellent weather through the glaciers, Skagway and Juneau. Bring a raincoat and dress in layers. You will love the journey, I think the Alaska inside passage is one of the most beautiful cruise routes in the world no matter what the weather.

We just got off the Diamond yesterday and had a wonderful cruise!!! We have always done the Caribbean and Alaska just wasn't where we wanted to cruise to...but I would go back in a minute...totally different from a Caribbean but oh so beautiful... Everyone said layer your clothes and that is the way to go. We only wore our jackets in Ketchican not because it was cold but it did rain there. I took umbrellas but with so many people walking the streets...they do have covering over most of the store fronts. Get yourself a back-pack to keep your hands free and for storing your gifts etc I'm so glad I brought one.

As far as the entertainment on the ship We only saw one show..."Do You Want To Dance" I have seen better but it wasn't all the bad. The other one we had seen on another cruise...

If you enjoy dancing or just listening to great music stop in the Wheelhouse Bar. The band Phoenix Rising is playing there, they are a fantastic band !!!

Sound great! I am friends with the senior first officer and have heard great things about this ship! I am thinking about taking the Ultimate ship tour. Trying to decide if it is worth the $150. Were there alot of activities to keep everyone busy while at sea? My last Alaskan cruise was on RCL and there was not alot going on during the day or night. I have found the Princess cruise staff to be quite a bit of fun. How was the cruise director? Sorry for all the questions I just like to know what to expect...

• 3 weeks later...
We just got off the Diamond yesterday and had a wonderful cruise!!! We have always done the Caribbean and Alaska just wasn't where we wanted to cruise to...but I would go back in a minute...totally different from a Caribbean but oh so beautiful... Everyone said layer your clothes and that is the way to go. We only wore our jackets in Ketchican not because it was cold but it did rain there. I took umbrellas but with so many people walking the streets...they do have covering over most of the store fronts. Get yourself a back-pack to keep your hands free and for storing your gifts etc I'm so glad I brought one.

As far as the entertainment on the ship We only saw one show..."Do You Want To Dance" I have seen better but it wasn't all the bad. The other one we had seen on another cruise...

If you enjoy dancing or just listening to great music stop in the Wheelhouse Bar. The band Phoenix Rising is playing there, they are a fantastic band !!!

Do you know how long PR will be on the Diamond?

Do you know how long PR will be on the Diamond?

Phoenix Rising wil be on the Diamond until the middle of July....then they are supposed to be on the Emerald starting sometime in August, but Princess can always change their schedule at the last minute They are a very entertaining band!!! We have seen them before and hope to have the pleasure of enjoying them again in the future. On this last cruise they had a quite a following of dancers enjoying their wide array of music every night in the Wheelhouse.

How were the bed's? What about egg crates? Did they help? We are considering purchasing a memory foam topper in Anchorage before boarding. Do you think we need it?? We are in a mini-suite if that makes any difference. :confused:

We had a mini on the 5/29 sailing of the Diamond and can attest to the "concrete" beds. Our travel friends were in an adjacent room and also complained about the hard beds. Pre-cruise, I requested an egg crate, then wondered if it were on the bed after the first night. It was, and the bed also had two pads on top of it! Aleve worked better, plus 5 nights at the Pan Pacific, post cruise!

I dropped off a couple of comment cards during the cruise and noted the bed discomfort issue. Each time I received a phone message that they would pass on my comments & suggestions to the appropriate department. Of course, that does not mean they will act on the recommendations.

Otherwise, it was a gret cruise.

Darcy

Archived