Carnival Pride Review - 5/16/2010 - lots of pictures!

The show that evening was the Carnival Legends show, which they had been having auditions for all week. I didn't know what it was, really, and I'm not THAT brave so I didn't audition, but if I were to do this cruise again I would definitely give it a shot. I think I could pull off a good Britney Spears impersonation! What they do is they have auditions during karaoke for certain celebrities, and people on the cruise audition to be in the final show. They each do a short little song by the person they're impersonating, and of course they dress them up really well.

The show was actually better than I expected. Most (though not all) of the singers were talented and actually sounded a bit like the celebrities they were imitating. There were a lot of them - James Brown, Garth Brooks, Aretha Franklin, Britney Spears, Ricky Martin, Elton John, and Gloria Estafan, to name the ones I can remember off of the top of my head. I thought the guy that did James Brown was the best, he did a really good job.

CruisetoBahamas379.jpg

The highlight of the evening, though, was the Dolly Parton impersonation - done by cruise director Kirk! It was hilarious, even though he didn't actually sing but just kind of stumbled around in a Dolly Parton costume.

CruisetoBahamas376.jpg

And then to close out the show our two Carnival Pride singers came onstage to end things. I believe their names are Paula and Chris, and they were both good overall.

CruisetoBahamas381.jpg

So the next day was Sunday and it was our day to disembark. I just want to address that process quickly and then... I'll be done with the review!

You have two options when you're leaving. You can either do a self-check out, or you can do it the "old fashioned" way and leave your luggage outside your room the night before, and then wait til they call you. If you do it that way you'll be leaving 11 the earliest, even though the ship docks at 9 am. I can't say much about it because we didn't do that.

The way we did it, we just held on to our own luggage and took it off with us. There are some restrictions, but I don't really remember what they were. They call you by floor, and we were on the lowest level so we got to get off first. It went really fast. The whole process, including going through customs, only took about 20 minutes. They were very well organized, at least what I saw.

And that's it! I finished the review... only took me two months! ;)

The End!

So the next day was Sunday and it was our day to disembark. I just want to address that process quickly and then... I'll be done with the review!

You have two options when you're leaving. You can either do a self-check out, or you can do it the "old fashioned" way and leave your luggage outside your room the night before, and then wait til they call you. If you do it that way you'll be leaving 11 the earliest, even though the ship docks at 9 am. I can't say much about it because we didn't do that.

The way we did it, we just held on to our own luggage and took it off with us. There are some restrictions, but I don't really remember what they were. They call you by floor, and we were on the lowest level so we got to get off first. It went really fast. The whole process, including going through customs, only took about 20 minutes. They were very well organized, at least what I saw.

And that's it! I finished the review... only took me two months! ;)

The End!

Great review. I am glad you finally finished it and didn't leave us hanging (hello Mark). I forget if you are taking a honeymoon

cruise but either way - best wishes!

Great review. I am glad you finally finished it and didn't leave us hanging (hello Mark). I forget if you are taking a honeymoon

cruise but either way - best wishes!

A great review with amazing pictures... I am very happy for you and Jason and wish you both the best. I am considering a proposal on my September sailing on the Pride but am awfully nervous about losing the ring..... Suggestions? anyhow.... Congrats again!!

I went to the talk last time and it was horribly boring...so for this trip I went on Ebay and purchased a bunch of the coupons for free stuff for $2.00 :-D

There's a good idea. Not sure I would know exactly how to use them though without going to the talk or having someone fill me in. This will be our first cruise so I'm pretty clueless! :o

I am considering a proposal on my September sailing on the Pride but am awfully nervous about losing the ring..... Suggestions? anyhow.... Congrats again!!

I believe you can request a small personal cake once you board. I would see if you could order one to say "Will you marry me?" Then speak to the Maitre d about having the ring box added to the top just before the server brings it out.

Just my thought...

• 2 weeks later...
I believe you can request a small personal cake once you board. I would see if you could order one to say "Will you marry me?" Then speak to the Maitre d about having the ring box added to the top just before the server brings it out.

Just my thought...

Much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
A great review with amazing pictures... I am very happy for you and Jason and wish you both the best. I am considering a proposal on my September sailing on the Pride but am awfully nervous about losing the ring..... Suggestions? anyhow.... Congrats again!!

I would definitely do it on the cruise! It's such a romantic, perfect atmosphere for it. I asked Jason and he said he just kept it on his person at all times, in his pocket. I don't really know what he did when we were snorkeling though, I'll have to ask him...

I imagine it would be hard to get it into the safe without her noticing, but that would probably be the next best place for it. And if it makes you nervous you might want to do it towards to beginning of the cruise instead of at the end, either way I think would be good. But then she'd be wearing it and you wouldn't have to worry!

As for the cake suggestion, that's exactly what Jason did. He ordered a cake from them the first day we were there (he snuck out the first afternoon while I was taking a nap), though he held on to the ring himself. I'm sure the maitre d could handle it as well though if you'd prefer that.

Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!

There's a good idea. Not sure I would know exactly how to use them though without going to the talk or having someone fill me in. This will be our first cruise so I'm pretty clueless! :o

You don't really need to go to the talk to know how to use the coupons. The talks are really about how to get the best prices and haggle on major purchase items. The coupons have the instructions right on them. You literally just bring it to the store, tell them you have this coupon for a free item, and they hand it to you. Then you walk out. That's how the majority of them work, though a few require you to try on a item or something.

It's really easy, and I think getting them off of eBay is a really good idea! Maybe I can sell my extra ones ;) If I could find them...

You don't really need to go to the talk to know how to use the coupons. The talks are really about how to get the best prices and haggle on major purchase items. The coupons have the instructions right on them. You literally just bring it to the store, tell them you have this coupon for a free item, and they hand it to you. Then you walk out. That's how the majority of them work, though a few require you to try on a item or something.

It's really easy, and I think getting them off of eBay is a really good idea! Maybe I can sell my extra ones ;) If I could find them...

A friend of my mother-in-laws actually gave her a book with some of those coupons. There are none for the ports on her cruise so she gave them to me! I guess it's the same book they give on the ship.

You should definitely try to sell yours on ebay...I looked to see if I could find drink coupons on there, no luck though!:(

• 3 weeks later...
I would definitely do it on the cruise! It's such a romantic, perfect atmosphere for it. I asked Jason and he said he just kept it on his person at all times, in his pocket. I don't really know what he did when we were snorkeling though, I'll have to ask him...

I imagine it would be hard to get it into the safe without her noticing, but that would probably be the next best place for it. And if it makes you nervous you might want to do it towards to beginning of the cruise instead of at the end, either way I think would be good. But then she'd be wearing it and you wouldn't have to worry!

As for the cake suggestion, that's exactly what Jason did. He ordered a cake from them the first day we were there (he snuck out the first afternoon while I was taking a nap), though he held on to the ring himself. I'm sure the maitre d could handle it as well though if you'd prefer that.

Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!

Just realized I never took the time to respond to this. Thanks again.... Planning on Tuesday night in David's assuming I can make it that long.... May do it on Monday night at dinner.... Still not sure but so damn excited!!

Just realized I never took the time to respond to this. Thanks again.... Planning on Tuesday night in David's assuming I can make it that long.... May do it on Monday night at dinner.... Still not sure but so damn excited!!

Hi! It's Denise from Roll Call. When you said a ring you meant "the" ring! ;)

OMG--a proposal!! What time are you going to be at David's? We are there Tuesday at 7 and I'd LOVE to be there for the excitement. That is sooooo wonderful of you to do on a cruise. What a fantasticly romantic thing! I could cry just thinking of it!

Are you going to the cocktail party for the roll call on Monday?

Hope to see you!

Denise

Hi! It's Denise from Roll Call. When you said a ring you meant "the" ring! ;)

OMG--a proposal!! What time are you going to be at David's? We are there Tuesday at 7 and I'd LOVE to be there for the excitement. That is sooooo wonderful of you to do on a cruise. What a fantasticly romantic thing! I could cry just thinking of it!

Are you going to the cocktail party for the roll call on Monday?

Hope to see you!

Denise

Hi Denise.... Yes it is the ring .... assuming of course I don't lose it... (Scared to death I will). I am uncertain when exactly I am going to do it. My original thought was Tuesday night at Davids. Our reservation is at 730, but I may do it sooner. When the moment is right I guess. Yes I will be there Monday afternoon.... Please please please be careful ...I don't want her to overhear anything.... :) Looking forward to meeting you.

Off to pack now... My flight leaves in 12 hours .... lol

Hi Denise.... Yes it is the ring .... assuming of course I don't lose it... (Scared to death I will). I am uncertain when exactly I am going to do it. My original thought was Tuesday night at Davids. Our reservation is at 730, but I may do it sooner. When the moment is right I guess. Yes I will be there Monday afternoon.... Please please please be careful ...I don't want her to overhear anything.... :) Looking forward to meeting you.

Off to pack now... My flight leaves in 12 hours .... lol

No worries at all--my lips are sealed!!! I would have to throw myself overboard if I ruined a surprise like that!! :eek:

Have a great flight and we'll see you Monday!

Your pictures are excellent. I went on the same cruise May2, 2010. How was the weather on the way down to Orlando? On May 2, it was cold until we got to Orlando. P.s My camera just broke on Sunday. What camera did you use? your pictures are much better than mine. I just have a Kodak and wouldn't get another one. Broke 2x. where did you go in Nassau?

Hi. I went on the same cruise May 2, 2010. The weather was cold all the way down to Orlando. I bet it was much better by May 16.

Your pictures are excellent. What type of camera did you use? Mine just broke and I have to get another one. I just have a Kodak .Your pictures are so much better than mine.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the cruise.

Archived