Anyone doing the HCG diet?

OK, so I think the conclusion that I have come to is that I am just going to take the drops 3 times per day and eat under or as close to 500 calories as possible.

I think I am lucky in the aspect that I don't have a lot of weight I need to lose. I need only another 12 pounds to be at my ideal...now when I hit that I may want to lose another 5 but it has been a while since I have seen that.

I am not really the type of person who lets myself gain too much weight, I have just been having a problem taking off those last pounds, which is always the problem.

I am hoping that this will get me where I want to be and by exercising and moderation and a bit of self control I will be able to keep myself there.

Thanks everyone!

OK, so I think the conclusion that I have come to is that I am just going to take the drops 3 times per day and eat under or as close to 500 calories as possible.

I think I am lucky in the aspect that I don't have a lot of weight I need to lose. I need only another 12 pounds to be at my ideal...now when I hit that I may want to lose another 5 but it has been a while since I have seen that.

I am not really the type of person who lets myself gain too much weight, I have just been having a problem taking off those last pounds, which is always the problem.

I am hoping that this will get me where I want to be and by exercising and moderation and a bit of self control I will be able to keep myself there.

Thanks everyone!

It is VERY important if you are modifying the diet that you still Stay away from carbs/sugars - even the sugars in fruit can really affect the way the drops work. Keep your fruit portions close to the recommended amounts and stay away from veggies high in sugars/carbs (corn is one).

Modifying the diet will more than likely slow down your results a bit, but still the weight loss id far greater than any other diet I've tried.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

25 lbs lost in 1st round - 40 days

12 lbs lost in 2nd round - 30 days

• 3 weeks later...

So, I just returned from my 7-day cruise! Knowing I was going on the cruise, I planned to eat what I wanted in moderation and enjoying a salad daily for lunch. I totally blew it. I gained 10 lbs but still in a size 4. Honestly it's tight and could go to a 6, so here goes...ready for another round. The diet is addictive, where I find it easy to eat salads/protein at home with only good carbs in moderation, the cruise is a whole different story! For those of you that could resist the breads, pastas, starches and go to the gym - I applaud and congratulate you. I even at pizza. I don't eat pizza at home.

So in conclusion since this is the first cruise I have taken since HCG, I love the diet and will continue with it next week (only 23 days). I have found from previous rounds, that once on it your taste buds "change". I like that as I really am a "carb-a-holic".

Do you have to restrict your calories, follow the strict food plan and take the chemical all the rest of your life or just until you reach your ideal weight? Do you taper off from the plan when you reach ideal weight or stop "cold turkey" or what? Do any of you know folks who have kept the lost weight off five years or more?

I google these drops and OMG there are a million out there! How do you know which ones to purchase? Some of the sites say NOT to buy the Homeopathic brands but which sites are legit? Could I get them at GNC? Thanks for any info

What I am trying to figure out is do i take the drops with me on the cruise...I am on day 19 and down 13lbs ..lets hope its 14 or more when i wake in the morning to weigh myself (smile)

anyhow, i go on my cruise in 9 days and I dont know if i should take them or not...I will try to eat some of the spa dinners or maybe all and go lightly with breakfast (if at all-im actually used to my green tea in the morning) ...I was thinking I would not take the drops with me and exercise and portion control but my local health food store salesperson said to take them...now im torn lol...help?

What I am trying to figure out is do i take the drops with me on the cruise...I am on day 19 and down 13lbs ..lets hope its 14 or more when i wake in the morning to weigh myself (smile)

anyhow, i go on my cruise in 9 days and I dont know if i should take them or not...I will try to eat some of the spa dinners or maybe all and go lightly with breakfast (if at all-im actually used to my green tea in the morning) ...I was thinking I would not take the drops with me and exercise and portion control but my local health food store salesperson said to take them...now im torn lol...help?

I would really be weary of trying to maintain a 500 calorie diet on the cruise. The minimum number of days you are supposed to be on the drops/injections is 23 days. Then on the 23rd day, that morning's weight is your "lowest drop weight". You do not want to go 2 pounds above or below this weight. You continue the 500 calorie diet for 48 hours (for homeopathic) or 72 hours (for HCG) without drops. After that, you can eat normally, but avoid all sugars or starches. Generally, it is better to eat a lot of calories, as you will gain weight if you eat too few. Your body has been accustomed to burning a large number of calories because of the HCG in your system. It is extremely important to weigh daily and if you go 2 lbs above your lowest drop weight, you are supposed to do a steak day.

If you choose to continue the drops on the cruise and then eat something "off protocol" it is going to show up as a HUGE gain. If you are on the maintenance phase, you will have more leeway to eat foods, just no sugars or starches.

So if today is day 19 for you, day 23 will be on November 7th. If you're taking the homeopathic drops, you will continue the 500 calorie diet until the 9th without the drops. Then you can increase your calories on the 9th and be able to enjoy a wider variety of food.

Personally, I know there is no way I could have been on 500 calories on a cruise.

I lost 31.2 pounds after 28 days of subcutaneous injections. I am now in the maintenance phase and have increased my caloric intake to ~2000 per day and have continued to lose weight. I eat tons of healthy fats, an avocado daily, coconut oil, steak and eggs, etc. I was sure that if I went from 500 calories per day to 2000, I would gain, but this has not been the case. I really damaged my hypothalamus and metabolism from about 20 years of diet pills, eating disorders, starvation diets. I was never able to eat like a "regular person" without gaining weight. It was awful..until now.

The weight loss did NOT just come from the extremely low calories, like others have said. I used to be anorexic, so I know what it feels like to be starving on a small number of calories per day. This felt totally different. I had energy, I no longer needed coffee to stay awake during my 12 hour overnight shifts. HCG is a miracle and no one can convince me otherwise.

Tomorrow I can start adding in sugars and starches, but honestly, I don't want them. I enjoy eating clean, healthy, home made meals.

My real test will be on the cruise. I usually gain about 10 pounds in a week. If anyone has any questions, let me know!:D

I would really be weary of trying to maintain a 500 calorie diet on the cruise. The minimum number of days you are supposed to be on the drops/injections is 23 days. Then on the 23rd day, that morning's weight is your "lowest drop weight". You do not want to go 2 pounds above or below this weight. You continue the 500 calorie diet for 48 hours (for homeopathic) or 72 hours (for HCG) without drops. After that, you can eat normally, but avoid all sugars or starches. Generally, it is better to eat a lot of calories, as you will gain weight if you eat too few. Your body has been accustomed to burning a large number of calories because of the HCG in your system. It is extremely important to weigh daily and if you go 2 lbs above your lowest drop weight, you are supposed to do a steak day.

If you choose to continue the drops on the cruise and then eat something "off protocol" it is going to show up as a HUGE gain. If you are on the maintenance phase, you will have more leeway to eat foods, just no sugars or starches.

So if today is day 19 for you, day 23 will be on November 7th. If you're taking the homeopathic drops, you will continue the 500 calorie diet until the 9th without the drops. Then you can increase your calories on the 9th and be able to enjoy a wider variety of food.

Personally, I know there is no way I could have been on 500 calories on a cruise.

This has been extremely helpful...I am giving you an air hug right now lol...thanks for the info...i had not a clue what to do. im literally gong to copy paste this info to notepad and print it lol

I lost 31.2 pounds after 28 days of subcutaneous injections. I am now in the maintenance phase and have increased my caloric intake to ~2000 per day and have continued to lose weight. I eat tons of healthy fats, an avocado daily, coconut oil, steak and eggs, etc. I was sure that if I went from 500 calories per day to 2000, I would gain, but this has not been the case. I really damaged my hypothalamus and metabolism from about 20 years of diet pills, eating disorders, starvation diets. I was never able to eat like a "regular person" without gaining weight. It was awful..until now.

The weight loss did NOT just come from the extremely low calories, like others have said. I used to be anorexic, so I know what it feels like to be starving on a small number of calories per day. This felt totally different. I had energy, I no longer needed coffee to stay awake during my 12 hour overnight shifts. HCG is a miracle and no one can convince me otherwise.

Tomorrow I can start adding in sugars and starches, but honestly, I don't want them. I enjoy eating clean, healthy, home made meals.

My real test will be on the cruise. I usually gain about 10 pounds in a week. If anyone has any questions, let me know!:D

I think i jacked my hypothalumus glad up too taking diet pills (worked the first time and after that just continued to gain no matter what) and i def know my metabolism shot ...

also what you say about doing 500 on cruise..i agree when i think about it..even if you dont over-endulge its still gonna be more than 500.

do you think they have a scale on the boat..or i need to bring my own

I thought in the gym they had a scale? Maybe not on all ships.

I am wondering if there are many of you that have lost more weight on Phase 3 of the HCG diet? I plan to do a 1500-1800 calorie diet, no sugar/no starch for phase 3. I don't want to force food intake to maintain the weight. I have a physical job and really struggled with phase 2, with an energy issue but did stick to it and lost 19# in 23 days. I know my metabolism must be shot, as I dieted before and NOTHING worked, at least I have seen results with this. And believe me, I was on starvation diets before and the weight stayed stuck. The day I board ship for my cruise, I will be done with Phase 3 and will try to do a modified Atkins while on board. I do have a weakness for their chilled fruit soups though. I will be snorkeling and walking as much as I can and maybe even get into the gym every other day. I don't want to back slide but also realize that I may end up gaining some before I get back home.

Any advice from those who have lost more weight on Phase 3 and what they did to correct it or is it that important to maintain the weight at the end of Phase 2?

Thanks for any help!

Terri

o i bet they do have one in gym...hmmm

sorry i wish i had more info on phase 3, heck i wish i was done with phase 3 by now lol...i was afraid of doing this diet so i messed my own self up by not starting sooner...i will deal with it though

i wonder if i stop the drops then do i have to wait 21 days before i can start again?

I wouldn't think you would have to wait 21 days. Go enjoy the cruise and have one last hoorah! Then after the holidays, start over again with conviction. Today is my last 500 calorie day and I am SO very glad of it. The day I leave is the day I can start to gradually allow sugar and starch, but I want to be careful and not put back on what I have lost.

Good Luck to you and enjoy your journey!

I have used hcg (drops) and lost 20 pounds in 30 days, unfortunately when my husband came back from overseas and i had to start cooking regular foods, i put 10 pounds back on lol...but im going to start back up, specially now that im going on a cruise in 54 days!!!

Anyways i just wanted to let you guys know where I get my HCG from...I order it online from alldaychemist.com....look for the hcg tab..(there is also a company called pharmacyescrow.com but i had trouble with customs releasing my order)....i got myself 15 bottles for about $260....(it was a sale)...the brand i ordered was "HUCOG 5000IU"......Thats all u need to look for, they also sell the 10000 IU and the premixed ones but I do not bother with them, i mix my own...so do lots of other folks.....5000IU is good enough......Then I ordered some colloidel silver, also called sovereign silver and 4fl.ounces of vitamin B 12 liquid....( "NOW" brand)...but not from that site....U mix the colloidal silver and b 12 with the hcg!! thats it...u take it twice a day.....for better explanation,and meassurments, you can go to You tube and look up a person called "mamaclok".....watch her videos especially the ones "how to order hcg or how to mix hcg.....very helpful videos.....u can also get menu ideas and people post themselves cooking up recipies for all the phases u are in....i have a site there as well, but sofar i have only posted all my favorite recipies there and some of the how to videos from various people.....

i believe it is cheaper buying everything online....from what i hear people are spending at the doctors office every week.......wow......also u must read DR.Simeons protocol before u start this diet so u know what to eat, how to do it and so on.....there is a link on my site also for that......there are lots of people on youtube doing this, she is just one of my favorite...lol......anyways u can look me up

www.youtube.com/tipsynoodle45

browse the videos and get informed...

best wishes,

Guest Host Cheryl

Hi,

I just wanted to jump in and let you know that I am joining you on this diet. I've been on it 9 days now (including the two days where you pig out) and I've lost 10 lbs. So far the limited food is a bit boring but doable. I'll be cruising the web looking for ideas on recipes. After the first few days of being hungry in the beginning, I'm finding that I'm really not feeling like I'm starving :-)

Holding on to the thought "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"

Tipsynoodle - Thanks for the info. I found alldaychemist last week and put my order in for the hcg. How long did it take you to receive it? I just got an email from them today, saying that they shipped it. I'm planning on doing the injections.

Hi,

I just wanted to jump in and let you know that I am joining you on this diet. I've been on it 9 days now (including the two days where you pig out) and I've lost 10 lbs. So far the limited food is a bit boring but doable. I'll be cruising the web looking for ideas on recipes. After the first few days of being hungry in the beginning, I'm finding that I'm really not feeling like I'm starving :-)

Holding on to the thought "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"

Good for YOU!

I just ate what they allowed, and there were some hard days but I did the minimum (23 days of drops) and lost 20.5# That was good and I plan to do another round in mid-Jan.

There are a ton of websites that have recipes and blogs. I am on the 3rd phase and maintaining. Day I leave for my cruise, I will be able to gradually introduce the sugars and starches but plan on doing a modified Atkins and really try to stay away from the sugars and starches. I found I could not give up my Burt's Bees lip balm and some lotions...it is dry and windy here, so I think that did impede the weight loss.

Good Luck to you!:D

Guest Host Cheryl
Cheryl...

How is it going? It really keeps you on track when you see that scale going down. I wish you much success with this and hope that you will come back and let us know your progress.

Terri

Well, after losing the 10 lbs, I stalled. I think it was because I didn't get enough water for a couple of days. I'm now back down to the 10 lbs and we are at the door of Thanksgiving. I'm thinking I'll break until after Christmas and give it a go again. Has anyone has similar results of losing then stalling?

I really pushed the water and it did help. I would think though if you are retaining or prone to retaining fluid, that may be what appeared as a stall. I don't blame you if you waited until the holidays are over, they are sometimes stressful and then just look at all the temptations.

I had a few days where I only lost 10ths of a pound but it was at least some kind of a loss.

Have a great holiday and good luck to you after the holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

So today is the 2nd day of pig-out....I can honestly say, that I don't want to eat anything else and its only 315pm. I'm thinking some heavy cream pasta meal and the other half of a slice of cak I got.

I went shopping today for apples, oranges, spinach, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, asparagus, chicken tenderloins and breadsticks.

I'm hoping I can stick to this diet and it works. I'm determined to make it work.

Archived