what time can we arrive at port ,bayonne NJ

usually around 11....boarding usually starts by noon, sometimes sooner, sometimes later....depends on how fast the previous peeps get off...it the cruise before you is a 5 night bermuda,they get off the ship fast

what are you planning to do?? just sleep?? are you driving??

there is nothing in the area...stop over to the east coast board, we have a few threads over there with lots of info, and check my blog below (link) for ideas...then feel free to ask us questions on the East coast board, or you can email me too

cruisermeg at yahoo

We've cruised out of Bayonne twice, and will do so again this September. We arrived around 10:30 AM both times, and have found that the traffic for luggage drop-off and parking grows considerably as it gets closer to noon.

We checked in without a wait, and got comfortable with lemonade and cookies in the terminal. Definitely bring a magazine or book to help pass the time.

Nothing like starting your cruise early--we were onboard by 1:00 PM!

the EWR airport area and/or secaucus...(which is a little nicer...about the same distance....)

someone just got a nice hotel (Sheraton meadowlands maybe) for about 60 bucks on priceline....

I agree that Secaucus is a good plan--there are no hotels in Bayonne, and nearby Jersey City, which does has an up and coming waterfront area, can still be dicey.

Which itinerary are you going on, the 5-night or the 9-night? If it's coming off the 9-night, it sometimes gets in late depending on the winds. It has to come from San Juan in a day and a half. At 8:30 AM we were still docking.

But normally you should be able to check in by 11 and on the ship by 11:30.

going on the 5 night 8-28. It looks like the ship will be back on the 27th from the 9 night cruise so it will be at port already on the 28th.

no the 9 night leaves the 19th so 19+9 = 28......( the last night is the night of the 27th so the peeps wake up in bayonne on the 28th and get off! heehee)

going on the 5 night 8-28. It looks like the ship will be back on the 27th from the 9 night cruise so it will be at port already on the 28th.

9 nighter gets back on the 28th

Jimbo:)

thanks for the clarification. you are correct, was thinking they get off the 9th day for some reason. well that's dissapointing now that I thought differently.

eh, it's friday....no worries....brains tend to take the weekend off...:D

About 10 minutes from Cape Liberty (the former Bayonne Military Sea Transportation Service terminal) is the Bayonne Bridge to Staten Island NY. Another 5-10 minutes will put you at either of two fairly new and very nice hotels, the Hilton Garden Inn and the Hampton Inn & Suites, both of which are owned by our Staten Island neighbor Richard Nicotra, who also founded the Everything Yougart chain. I've had colleagues stay, particularly at the Hilton Garden Inn and they've been very complimentary. And if you happen to have some Hilton HHonors points, you might get your room at no cost. There are several car services that will take you from the hotel right to the port.

Just another suggestion.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend.

Alan

About 10 minutes from Cape Liberty (the former Bayonne Military Sea Transportation Service terminal) is the Bayonne Bridge to Staten Island NY. Another 5-10 minutes will put you at either of two fairly new and very nice hotels, the Hilton Garden Inn and the Hampton Inn & Suites, both of which are owned by our Staten Island neighbor Richard Nicotra, who also founded the Everything Yougart chain. I've had colleagues stay, particularly at the Hilton Garden Inn and they've been very complimentary. And if you happen to have some Hilton HHonors points, you might get your room at no cost. There are several car services that will take you from the hotel right to the port.

Just another suggestion.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend.

Alan

Alan, Anyway you could give me the name of the car services used in Staten Island area. I'm thinking of staying in that area before a cruise and need a ride to the port and back? I'm wondering what they charge since it's only about 7 miles from the port where I'm thinking of staying?

Jimbo:)

Which itinerary are you going on, the 5-night or the 9-night? If it's coming off the 9-night, it sometimes gets in late depending on the winds. It has to come from San Juan in a day and a half. At 8:30 AM we were still docking.

But normally you should be able to check in by 11 and on the ship by 11:30.

I'm on the 9-nighter prior to OP's cruise. It actually takes 2-1/2 days from San Juan, we leave PR on Wed @ 2PM.

The 3* hotel on Hotwire in Secaucus on 8/27 for $77 is most likely the Sheraton. Probably can get it for less on Priceline. This is a good deal. You're coming from the north, so Secaucus and Newark are better choices for you than Staten Island.

I just drove past both areas yesterday on the turnpike - no comparison. I'd choose Secaucus in a heartbeat.

Do you have the driving directions from New England?

Archived