Tauck 2011

whiskers9

Considering a Tauck river cruise for 2011. (Just received my new brochure.) Has anyone stayed in the Junior Suite on the Swiss Emerald? Does the extra 30 sq. feet justify the extra $ ? (Considering category 4.) Is there any such thing as a "guarantee" on a river cruise?

Imho a junior suite is not worth the extra money. The space is not much and the arrangement is poor. Either stick with a standard or spring for the big suite which DW and I loved.

Thanks for your input! I've also noted your comments on the Silversea site. How would you compare your Tauck River experiences with your Silversea cruises. We are recent Silversea converts (from Regent).

We have cruised on the Swiss Emerald twice. Once on the second level(150 sq ft) and once on the top level (300 sq ft). I did peek into those rooms, Cat 4, and wasn't terribily impressed with the layout. They are also right by the steps (both in front and in the back) so you might hear more people noise as they walk by, if you are sensitive to that.

We are doing the Cat 6 (300 sq ft) again next year. It's a splurge but I am taking the money out of the kids inheritance! The Cat. 3 (150 sq ft) is fine for most couples. Just take the trip!!!

• 1 month later...

We recently returned from a Tauck Rhine/Moselle river cruise on the Swiss Jewel. It was a very nice experience. Having everything all inclusive was great. When we left the ship, our bill was only 7 Euros for a map I bought at the front desk.

Sheila

We have booked the river cruise from Budapest to Prague in one of the 300 sq. ft. suites. We've done many, many Royal Caribbean cruises going back to the early 80's. We just came off the Oasis of the Seas on Saturday, the 21st of August. That ship held 6,200 passengers and a crew of over 2,000! We're looking forward to a much smaller venue where there is more peace and relaxation.

One of the reasons to choose Tauck is that they have many 300 sq. ft. cabins. One does not have to be cramped if money is no object!

Archived