Hog Bay

rickb609

Has anyone visited Hog Bay recently? I believe that I am going to give it a shot, but I would love to hear some insight from someone that has actually been there. Is it worth the effort, it looks like the tide will be perfect for the day we are in Bermuda.

Has anyone visited Hog Bay recently? I believe that I am going to give it a shot, but I would love to hear some insight from someone that has actually been there. Is it worth the effort, it looks like the tide will be perfect for the day we are in Bermuda.

Sorry - can't answer your question directly - haven't been there in a long while; but I'm intrigued ! Why Hog Bay :confused:

Used to be an OK park; but little in the way of any beach as such, and not much in the way of reef for snorkelling - if that's what you're aiming for!

We also plan on going to Horseshoe, Jobson, and Church Bay beaches, but thought this might make for an interesting twist since it is only available during low tide. Would it be wiser to make the trip out to Achilles and Tobacco Bay?

We also plan on going to Horseshoe, Jobson, and Church Bay beaches, but thought this might make for an interesting twist since it is only available during low tide. Would it be wiser to make the trip out to Achilles and Tobacco Bay?

Well that really depends on what it is you're aiming to achieve!

Hog Bay is secluded for a reason; it's not the easiest to access! You have to make a short trek through scrub to get to the beach... So if you're truly looking to try & be the only people on the beach then - at its best - that'll do it...

Horseshoe Bay is big & popular, Jobson's Cove scenic, as are many of the small bays along the shoreline... Church Bay is great for snorkelling... Achilles Bay IMO doesn't have much to offer but is a quieter option to the adjacent and very popular beach at Fort St. Catherine; while Tobacco Bay is another very popular beach that's good for snorkelling and easy swimming; it has a long shallow bay... You might also try Shelly Bay; similar - but no good for snorkelling... And Warwick Long Bay; which I think is a better option that Horseshoe...

Plenty of beaches to choose from; you just need to decide what it is you want, and select from there... Public & serviced, or quiet(er) & remote®!

• 2 weeks later...

Hog Bay Beach is located on the shore of Hog Bay Park in Sandy's Parish. A #7 route bus from/to the Dockyard would go by it. Here's a description of Hog Bay Beach: http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00000a.htm

and here's a map showing the approximate location: http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_000005.htm

SBtS

Archived