Carnival Pride Leaving Baltimore?????????

deucbmac

RCCL is replacing a part-time Baltimore port Grandeur of the Seas with a full time Baltimore home port Enchantment of the Seas starting early 2011. It's a little better ship than Grandeur - same class only Enchantment was stretched in 2005. I would be disappointed to see Carnival Pride leave Baltimore, I was hoping to book her to Bermuda in September 2011. I'm curious to hear where you got this rumored info?

Not to hijack but I thought as of June 2010 RCCL was starting year round service out of Baltimore??? :confused:

I definitly want to do CCL to Bermuda!! :)

Not to hijack but I thought as of June 2010 RCCL was starting year round service out of Baltimore??? :confused:

I definitly want to do CCL to Bermuda!! :)

Hi Tiffany. I believe it's okay to bring that up, the OP is the one who asked about RCCL adding a ship to Baltimore. Now that I think about it and without looking it up, I believe you are correct and Enchantment is starting it's year round service in Baltimore this summer.

I know the Pride already has Bermuda sailings in April but I think it's a little too chilly for me that time of the year. I'd much rather have the bath water ocean temps & tropical heat of September!:)

We were just on the Pride last week and went to a Q & A session with the cruise director and he said the Pride was staying in Baltimore and that Carnival was going to be adding another ship to Baltimore soon but didn't know which one.

We were just on the Pride last week and went to a Q & A session with the cruise director and he said the Pride was staying in Baltimore and that Carnival was going to be adding another ship to Baltimore soon but didn't know which one.

Thats the news I wanted to hear.

So, the Pride's new schedule isn't up yet along with 5 other ships, Maybe a smaller Fantasy Class?

I know the Pride already has Bermuda sailings in April but I think it's a little too chilly for me that time of the year. I'd much rather have the bath water ocean temps & tropical heat of September!:)

I agree! :)

Now that would be great.

Maybe because Baltimore is limited to Fantasy and Spirit class ships.

Yeah, the bridge height constraints... I'd have to imagine a Fantasy Class ship, although where would they send it? :confused: You can't meaningfully do a cruise (except for Bermuda) for any less than 7 days from Baltimore. I'm not sure I'd sign up for a week-long cruise on a Fantasy Class ship.

I highly doubt they'd permanently homeport 2 Spirit Class ships at the same port... Baltimore's a great port though, loved sailing out of there last summer on the Pride.

Actually the April cruises were not canceled - they were converted to Bermuda. Those of us who were booked received e-mails notifying us of the port changes.

RCCL Enchantment does her first Baltimore run on 18 June (She is currently in Norfolk). Unlike Grandeur, she will sail from Baltimore year round. I have been waiting for next summers schedules anxiously. Due to DD's school commitments we have a very small cruise window and RCCL is doing New England/Canada that week. So I am hoping I like the CCL schedule.

Yeah, the bridge height constraints... I'd have to imagine a Fantasy Class ship, although where would they send it? :confused: You can't meaningfully do a cruise (except for Bermuda) for any less than 7 days from Baltimore. I'm not sure I'd sign up for a week-long cruise on a Fantasy Class ship.

I highly doubt they'd permanently homeport 2 Spirit Class ships at the same port... Baltimore's a great port though, loved sailing out of there last summer on the Pride.

It would have to be doing 7 day cruises unless they did short cruises to Bermuda year round, but I don't think that would go over too well.

I'm thinking the same thing as you about homeporting 2 spirit class ships at the same port, especially since there is only 4 of them.

John's blog on Carnival.com today mentions the Pride and how successful it has been sailing out of Baltimore. It even mentioned the terrible weather this winter. It did not sound like there were any plans to pull the ship (He also mentioned the Fall Bermuda sailings next year). I really like the 7 day Bermuda sailing - I am booked in April.

Carnival could alternate an 8 or 9 night sailing with a 6 or 5 night to Bermuda or the Bahamas. You can do several places in the Caribbean on a 9 night - St. Thomas, St. Martin, San Juan, Key West (yes many are US ports). Western would be more difficult but possible (not sure about the fuel usage)

That's not the first time that's been reported. Good. I love cruising out of Baltimore as it's just over an hour from our home and we enjoy sea days.

If dry dock follows the previous schedules it would be early Dec this year, not next.... so I wouldn't think dry dock would be the reason they aren't releasing the schedules

DW and I are going on our first cruise on Pride Jan/11 .Can't figure out if we should be upset that Pride hasn't had a recent update. Should it? Most of the posts I have read here at C.C. say that they keep this ship in relatively good shape. What do they do when they do a non-major update?

p.s. -I know this isn't part of topic but any thoughts on leaving Baltimore in the middle of winter. Are the hot-tubs kept hot enough to go in when its cold out?

thanx all

p.s. -I know this isn't part of topic but any thoughts on leaving Baltimore in the middle of winter. Are the hot-tubs kept hot enough to go in when its cold out?

thanx all

When I was on the Pride in Jan it was during that time frame when even Florida had a freak cold spell....I did use the hot tub on the 1st sea day and it was warm enough (the water) but with the wind it stung my body climbing in and out of it! :eek:

Thanx Tiffany

Any other cold weather cruise info I should know?

Richard

Its hard as hell to pack for a cruise that time of the year...you have to bring so many different clothes for different seasons....One day you could be freezing at sea then the next you could be sweating in the Bahamas....;)

Sorry for the temporary hijack OP! :o

I would love for the Pride to move back to the west coast & Baltimore can have the Splendor.

Not the first time i have heard that...I dont think the west coasters like the Splendor.....I had to cancel the cruise i was going to take last February on the Splendor ...and i was told i did not miss A thing too crowded and a bad layout ......I love the Spirit Class...so bring back the Pride :D

• 1 year later...
Hi, i'm new to this site, i'm cruising Carnival Pride out of Baltimore 7/3/11 to Grand Turk, and Bahamas, any comments? I'm new to cruising, will be traveling with 2 kids ages 8 and 12

This is a rollcall thread if you want to meet people before you cruise here on CC...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1347200

Archived