1st Timer on Destiny

Hi - I am going on the Destiny with my husband on 26th June for 2 weeks.

Itinery - Trapani, Naples, Ajaccio, Cannes, Barcelona, Palma, Villefranche, Livorno, Rome, Propriano and Palamos.

Have been reading alot regarding the excursions, but would like to know if it is easy to get to the main tourist attractions by ourselves (Either Taxi, Train, Bus).

How long approx or would you advise getting the Thomson Coach ?

Have got some great tips from the site but wondered if anyone can add anymore.

Have only just joined so will probably be posting now till we depart.

hi there,we did that cruise last sept.its lovely.it was our first cruise too.we did the thomson excursions and were very happy with them.you can do your own thing in most of the ports but remember if your late back the ship wont wait for you.rome was good but very hard as lots of walking on our trip.quite expensive there too.the trip we enjoyed most was the last port in spain.we went to lloret del mar.we had a very good driver as the roads are a bit windy but very scenic.it was really nice.best of costa brava ithink it was. in villafranche we did the middle and upper cornishe trip and saw monaco and went near where grace kelly died.that was nice too.i was up early that morn and it was nice to watch as we came in and moored and they brought a floating platform out to us.i,m sure you ll have a nice trip iwish we were going but weve got to wait untill october for our red sea cruise.seems ages away.enjoy yours,ade.

Archived