FLL hotels with free shuttle?

hedy67

Any reasonable hotels in the FLL area with free airport shuttle?

I am leaving out of Miami for the cruise, but flying in and out of FLL is MUCH cheaper.

I was thinking of getting a hotel near FLL the 1st night, then renting a car to go to Miami the next day? any thoughts?

THANKS!

I wouldn't rent the car, I'd call a shuttle between Ft. Lauderdale and POM. SAS is frequently recommended on CC.

I don't recommend that anyone drive in South Florida if they can easily avoid it.

There are a few hotels in FLL with shuttles, I'm sure someone will chime in here with a recommendation.

Considering that so many 17th St. Causeway hotels are so close to FLL though, don't let a $10 taxi ride deter you from staying in a nice hotel in a nice area.

We stay at the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruiseport in Hollywood Florida for both cruises out of Port Everglades and Miami. Very near restaurants and a shopping center for last minute supplies.

They have a free shuttle from Ft.Lauderdale airport to the hotel as well as a free shuttle from the hotel to Pt.Everglades. They also offer (at least used to) a room price with a shuttle to Port of Miami, but no pick up when your cruise from Miami returns. Of course, that room price will be at a higher rate to include the shuttle.

Have always used SAS when flying into Ft.Lauderdale and cruising from Miami.Great people.

We stayed at the Sleep Inn Dania/Ft Lauderdale Airport this past March. They have AAA & AARP rates. Free shuttle from airport and to port. Free breakfast in morning. Shopping center across the road for soda, water, snacks. According to one poster, SAS will pick up at the Sleep Inn and transport to Port of Miami for $15 pp if you arrange in advance. Sounds like a deal to me! :)

If you will have a full day in FTL I wouldn't stay out near the airport where yes you will find shuttles from the airport. You will miss a real fun city being stuck out there. If you arriving late at night, then an airport hotel works fine. Use SAS shuttle service to Miami's port.

Archived