Review: 5/23/10 Celebrity Summit to Bermuda

LSP2005

Hi Lois,

Yes, and let me just say that Celebrity was not that bad that we didn't still have a good time. Let's just say it is not what I am used to, as my idea of a cruise, but we did want to relax and we did do that. I do not regret doing it. Were you on that same cruise?

Hi Lois,

Yes, and let me just say that Celebrity was not that bad that we didn't still have a good time. Let's just say it is not what I am used to, as my idea of a cruise, but we did want to relax and we did do that. I do not regret doing it. Were you on that same cruise?

Nope, I was on May 16th:)...the week before you.

What, what, what!!!! The fridge doesn't have a motor???? Can anyone explain that further?

I was specifically told that there are no motors within the mini fridge, rather that they use some sort of gas to keep the items fresh. I actually called down to have my fridge "fixed" because it was not cold. Ice will melt within 2 hours and does not stay cold. So, if you are bringing formula, it is not like a regular mini fridge with a motor. There is no freezer. For a parent I felt that this was extremely important information that was not advertised. I had actually called Celebrity before our trip to make sure that they had a fridge in the room. They neglected to tell me this point. Not only that, I told them what I needed the fridge for and it failed to keep the formula at the correct temperature. Thankfully I had brought some small single serve bottles that do not require refrigeration as well as the larger bottles. So if you wanted an ice cold beer this fridge will not do it. It will merely preserve the current temperature of the item but will NOT make anything colder than it already is.

I've always had my stateroom attendant empty the fridge out so I could store my two bottles of brought on wine and keep them chilled. I've always put them in warm and they've gotten nice and chilled by the second day and they stay cool.

Archived