Good day for price drops

cjt3

I got a $100 per person drop last week. Wohoo. I have my cruise set up to be watched at the carnival cruise Genie. Saves me checking prices every day.

Where and how do I find and get this carnival cruise Genie?

I booked early saver as well for our upcoming 3 night cruise in October. Price has only increased to this point. Just wondering is it more unusual for a lower price cabin on a shorter cruise to drop in price?

Where and how do I find and get this carnival cruise Genie?

Just do a search for carnival cruise Genie. It let's you set up a cruise to watch then checks the price several times a day and will email you if there is a price drop. Best of all its free.

I just changed our booking to Early Saver last night and we got $40/pp price reduction. It was very simple, just called my Carnival PVP, changed my booking and she took $80 off our cruise. You can bet I'll be checking the Carnival website for more reductions. Thank you for this thread, it reminded me to look at the Early Saver fares.:)

Here is the link to Carnival Cruise Genie:

http://www.carnivalcruisegenie.com/index.php

I am registering for this service now. Thank you jeffsig!

I just changed our booking to Early Saver last night and we got $40/pp price reduction. It was very simple, just called my Carnival PVP, changed my booking and she took $80 off our cruise. You can bet I'll be checking the Carnival website for more reductions. Thank you for this thread, it reminded me to look at the Early Saver fares.:)

Very cool.. I just signed up for that.. I have became obsessed with checking all day.. :rolleyes:

I submitted an Early Saver price reduction yesterday afternoon, and heard back just now that the $30pp credit was approved. I went out to the Carnival website to confirm that the OBC was on my account, and while I was there I saw that the price had gone down another $30pp. I still have 17 days to go, so at this rate I may come out ahead on my S&S card!

How do you aply for getting these price drops?

How do you aply for getting these price drops?

You need to check the main Carnival website, just act like you are looking for a new booking, put in your information for your particular cruise and then select your category of cabin and see if the price has dropped. You need to be booked "Early Saver" to get these price drops, that's why I changed my booking to ES. I had to call my Carnival PVP to make the switch. If there is another price drop, you will have to fill out the Early Saver Price Protection Form and submit it to Carnival for the price adjustment. Here's the link to the on-line form:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/bookcclEarlySaverForm.htm

You can also sign up for the Carnival Cruise Genie (see link posted above) and it will notify you when there is a price drop. Hope this helps!:)

Donna

Thanks Donna. I booked my December cruise the week we got back from our last, and it was $299. The prices have been going up and up and up and then last week, it went back to $299. I wish it would go lower but I doubt it. Hell It could go to $298 and I'd still apply for ES lol. I want to see what it feels like to get OBC. Nonetheless, congrats on your savings. My coworker just got back from the Triumph last week and was looking at the Victory next. I told her that you had booked it and at a great price. I am seriously looking to book it as well sometime next year. I have alot of land vacations planned and I am out of funds lol. I am going to San Antonio next month for a week, then on the cruise in Dec, then to Denver in May 2011, then to Vegas in July 2011.

Thanks Donna. I booked my December cruise the week we got back from our last, and it was $299. The prices have been going up and up and up and then last week, it went back to $299. I wish it would go lower but I doubt it. Hell It could go to $298 and I'd still apply for ES lol. I want to see what it feels like to get OBC. Nonetheless, congrats on your savings. My coworker just got back from the Triumph last week and was looking at the Victory next. I told her that you had booked it and at a great price. I am seriously looking to book it as well sometime next year. I have alot of land vacations planned and I am out of funds lol. I am going to San Antonio next month for a week, then on the cruise in Dec, then to Denver in May 2011, then to Vegas in July 2011.

Good morning Andrae.....my CC cruising friend..... yes, we got the most fantastic on-board price (on our last cruise on the Conquest) for a balcony on the Lido deck on the Victory + on-board credit, thank you Carnival:p! And now a price drop too, I can't believe what a good deal we got on this upcoming cruise:D.....save your money for cruises not land vacations and leave the driving to Carnival.

Good morning Andrae.....my CC cruising friend..... yes, we got the most fantastic on-board price (on our last cruise on the Conquest) for a balcony on the Lido deck on the Victory + on-board credit, thank you Carnival:p! And now a price drop too, I can't believe what a good deal we got on this upcoming cruise:D.....save your money for cruises not land vacations and leave the driving to Carnival.

Yea I know. Land vacations are obsolete to me, but the Vegas and San Antonio is an annual thing, and the Denver trip is a Graduation. Sooooooooooo, there ya have it.

Switched from a balcony to a OS a few weeks back and the balcony ones are down by $100 pp but the suites are not dropping even though there are 50% of them still avail. on our July cruise. Come on "price drop" for the OS cat...

After reading all the posts with price reductions I had to check mine, nothing, actually the prices are higher on two cruises. Well I got great prices so I won't complain, but I'd be happy if I could get a lower price or OBC.

[quote name='SoonerOne']I just changed our booking to Early Saver last night and we got $40/pp price reduction. It was very simple, just called my Carnival PVP, changed my booking and she took $80 off our cruise. You can bet I'll be checking the Carnival website for more reductions. Thank you for this thread, it reminded me to look at the Early Saver fares.:)

[URL]http://www.carnivalcruisegenie.com/index.php[/URL]
I am registering for this service now. Thank you jeffsig![/quote]

i didn't see where to indicate military rate check, anybody know if they do monitor it too?:confused:

[quote name='vinsheer']I've booked early saver my last few cruises and never got a price drop. I'm learning that early saver seems to work better with the lower priced cabins, which of course makes sense. I still check frequently though, and since I book so far ahead at a good price anyway, I almost feel like I'm getting cash back as I see the price of my cruise go up and up. DH is tired of me telling him how much we are saving every time the price increases! :) I'm a big fan of early saver with or without the obc.[/quote]

Exactly. On my previous cruise, I think mine dropped $10 the whole time (up until the category was sold out, which happened soon after final payment). But, the ES price was about $300 less than the non-ES price (the one where you choose your exact cabin number), so I still made out well! (I booked it at the lowest I'd seen up to that point, too; originally I'd had a cabin in a lower category booked non-ES, but then I decided to go for the one I really wanted, so cancelled the first reservation and booked my room ES.)

So, my room on my next cruise is still a good deal compared to the non-ES price, I just love that it has gone down a bit and hope it goes down more 'cause I have so many other expenses to pay for for the cruise.

[quote name='SoonerOne']You need to check the main Carnival website, just act like you are looking for a new booking, put in your information for your particular cruise and then select your category of cabin and see if the price has dropped. You need to be booked "Early Saver" to get these price drops, that's why I changed my booking to ES. I had to call my Carnival PVP to make the switch. If there is another price drop, you will have to fill out the Early Saver Price Protection Form and submit it to Carnival for the price adjustment. Here's the link to the on-line form:
[URL]http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/bookcclEarlySaverForm.htm[/URL]

You can also sign up for the Carnival Cruise Genie (see link posted above) and it will notify you when there is a price drop. Hope this helps!:)
Donna[/quote]
Well thank you very much.
I doubt I'll do better than 315 but I'm learning how to plan for future cruises should this become a new interest for me....and something tells me it will.

Archived