Need Help!

apk1389

hello all update past three days have been tougher have been very sore past days hoping it gets better soon

Thank you for the update. Sorry things aren't going as smoothly as you had hoped. Please continue to keep us updated.

Take care.

A lot depends on the type of surgery and your physical condition. My husband has had several knee surgeries with very different results. The first took a long rehab and the second one almost none. When he was in rehab, he noted that a professional baseball player had undergone the same surgery and was back on the field the next week. He jokingly asked the therapist why he wasn't doing as well, and of course, she said, "You aren't an athlete." You are an athlete and young and your DR is the best judge of your ability to heal. Go for it.

after some sleep and some rest most of the day it feels a litte better hoping I hit the climax and hoping i am now on the slow down hill to recover thanks for all the wishes.. get to see it for first time tommorow removing the bandages.. thanks for all wishes just changed excursions to either none or moderate

newest update forced by parents to get out.. I went out with them on a 1/2 mile walked getting pushed about half of the time up the hills.. getting my self conditioned to being out

that's good they're pushing you to get out (and pushing you...literally lol). I know it took me a while to be able to get used to the wheelchair (when I broke both my ankles) and not feel totally fatigued right away, so it's good you're practicing before you get on the ship and to the ports. Hope you have a quick recovery and all the best on your cruise.

that's good they're pushing you to get out (and pushing you...literally lol). I know it took me a while to be able to get used to the wheelchair (when I broke both my ankles) and not feel totally fatigued right away, so it's good you're practicing before you get on the ship and to the ports. Hope you have a quick recovery and all the best on your cruise.

had no significant issue with fatigue..just when I live in the mountains. hills on my own are nearly impossible. Will be trying to get out on a walk once to twice a day.. went back out tonight for a quater mile with my dad

So glad you are up and moving around a bit. Keep doing what the doctor says, not more!

Don't forget when you travel to put all your meds in your carryon and don't lose sight of it! You don't want to lose those pain pills. Trust me, you will need them off and on for a while!

I've been following you and your surgery. Good luck to you on your cruise. Be smart......don't try to do too much.

If it hurts, take your meds and don't over do it. Just when you start feeling better, you get too brave and make mistakes.

If you take good care of it now, you'll heal quickly and won't find yourself back in the surgical suite because you over did it!!!!!

Have a wonderful cruise! And don't forget to thank your parents and grandma for being so supportive and solicitous of you!

Looks like they did a nice job on the knee repair - just be careful not to overstress yourself. You do need to keep working on the exercises your rehab person assigns, but if you overdo it you can screw the healing process ... You might consider getting an ice brace to travel with, it can help if you overdo it on the boat. 15 minutes with your feet up and the brace on can mean a world of comfort later on in the evening!

todays update.. got my staples out doctor said it looks wonderful. I can start to do some exercises to regain mobility. Normal showers can start. in a few days I can go in chlorinated pool. Will be in immbolizer for entire cruise. so I guess no pants. one less thing to pack

todays update.. got my staples out doctor said it looks wonderful. I can start to do some exercises to regain mobility. Normal showers can start. in a few days I can go in chlorinated pool. Will be in immbolizer for entire cruise. so I guess no pants. one less thing to pack

Glad to hear your recovery is progressing well !

Shorts will work best for you. Don't think twice about going into the MDR for dinner if you so choose. They're not going to make you leave because you're in shorts. If you have a good sense of humor you should consider bringing a nice pair of black shorts, a dress shirt ,tie and suit coat for the formal nights. It would be considered Bahamian Formal wear. Better yet, if someone could find you one those black tie tuxedo T-shirts that would be even better. Have fun with it ... you deserve it. Considering seeing what you've been going through to even go on the cruise.

got my compression socks today which will healp with the addition of aspirin for the flight

They're awesome...really keep the swelling down while your in transit. It's just going to be uncomfortable when you go to take them off after the flight but it'll be well worth it in the end. Have a great trip...you must be getting excited now.

was able today to walk in the pool no brace hold the sides.. yes some pain but a little bit was doable. Packing now and have secured the bulk head seats

Have a great trip and don't forget to tell us how everything went when you get back! Be safe!

Have a great trip and don't forget to tell us how everything went when you get back! Be safe!

will do all of you were and are very helpful. I truthfully under 2 weeks ago was wanting to be optimistic about sailing tomorrow, but with a positive attitude and being young I guess I am as ready as I could be given the circumstances. Pain is minimal, but I still need to be in the straight leg immobilizer for the entire trip no biggie im ready to have fun in what ever form it comes in.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived