What's the grossest thing you've ever seen someone do on a ship?

squidward

Guess he thought it was fine if his legs were covered in a crowd - but that hairy chest?? .

I guess Celebrity does not have a hairy chest contest.

No Quest, No Hairy Chest,

How about belly flop contest?

What do they have?

I guess Celebrity does not have a hairy chest contest.

No Quest, No Hairy Chest,

How about belly flop contest?

What do they have? Today 12:22 PM

No belly flop contest either. Th epool area tends to remain quiet, except for a couple of hours when the pool band plays. Activities tend to be more of the quiet type. Things like trivia contests, cooking demonstrations, port lectures, foreign language classes, dance classes etc. are more the norm.

No belly flop contest either. Th epool area tends to remain quiet, except for a couple of hours when the pool band plays. Activities tend to be more of the quiet type. Things like trivia contests, cooking demonstrations, port lectures, foreign language classes, dance classes etc. are more the norm.

Sounds like my kind of cruise! All the annoying contests on other lines get irritating after a while! I look forward to sunning by the pool in peace!

One time, while sitting in the buffet area, I observed a man at another table which was more central in the room. He lifted up his t-shirt, and gave himself an injection in his belly, which I presume was insulin. To me there could have been a more discreet/private way to do something, which I know is a necessity.

Was on Jewel of the seas a few years ago watching the Quest show and an elderly man taking part took off his trousers and when he was bending over you could see a nice brown stain on his underpants.In May this year we were sitting at the front of the bus after disembarking and this man outside was bending over and he had a large sweat mark on his trousers in the bum area.

One time, while sitting in the buffet area, I observed a man at another table which was more central in the room. He lifted up his t-shirt, and gave himself an injection in his belly, which I presume was insulin. To me there could have been a more discreet/private way to do something, which I know is a necessity.

As a diabetic, but on a pump rather than injections, when your blood sugar is low, you have to inject right before or after you get your food. If there is too much of a time interval, you could be in trouble. If you did it in advance and say, could not get your food right away, this could be a problem. Sometimes you need to eat and do it right then. Being away from your own controlled environment can be a little iffy. If the sight of a needle bothers you, LOOK AWAY! Be thankful it isn't you having to depend on injections to live.

I would suggest then you never go to Asia because it is typical for all the food to be placed on a lazy susan in the middle of the table and everyone takes a bit at a time and then goes back when they want more using their chop sticks to serve themselves!!

I didnt realise dogs went on cruises.... I suppose service dogs are OK but not pets surely:confused:I dont like dogs very much and would not like to be in a cabin after a dog had been there

I didnt realise dogs went on cruises.... I suppose service dogs are OK but not pets surely:confused:I dont like dogs very much and would not like to be in a cabin after a dog had been there

No, people cannot bring on their pets. Service animals are allowed, but there are strict rules for documentation, immunization, and other requirements. It is highly unlikely you would be in a cabin where an animal had been.

Grossest thing I've seen on a cruise ship?

On a 3 day Port Canaveral->Nassau->Port Canaveral run with fairly heavy seas: a mid 50's woman sitting at a desk style slot machine with 2 large cardboard coin buckets on top. One bucket was full of quarters that she was quickly feeding into her machine, the other bucket she was occasionally filling with whatever she had for lunch on the buffet. She actually asked the slot attendant to dump it for her. I left before the resolution of that task.

Now if we expand the question to include some of the things I saw on a Submarine.....:eek::p:eek::p:eek:

The grossest thing for us was last year on the Connie.

Our asst waiter was a very nice guy, very portly and very attentive but when he talked over us he spit pieces of food out of his mouth onto our plates.

At first I didnt know what to do but thank goodness for the wine menu which is big and is a good guard.

I propped it up over my plate to guard it against his spraying.

I am sure there was nothing he could do but certain sounds brought out pieces of food.

Kind of gross but I still did not make a scene. I will not have him again as my service provider.

Spence

Our asst waiter was a very nice guy, very portly and very attentive but when he talked over us he spit pieces of food out of his mouth onto our plates.

At first I didnt know what to do but thank goodness for the wine menu which is big and is a good guard.

I am sure there was nothing he could do but certain sounds brought out pieces of food.

Kind of gross but I still did not make a scene. I will not have him again as my service provider.

Spence

Did his duties include taste testing your food? I've encountered those who spray saliva when talking, but not people who spray food that aren't engaged in (or very recently completed) the act of eating.

As a diabetic, but on a pump rather than injections, when your blood sugar is low, you have to inject right before or after you get your food. If there is too much of a time interval, you could be in trouble. If you did it in advance and say, could not get your food right away, this could be a problem. Sometimes you need to eat and do it right then. Being away from your own controlled environment can be a little iffy. If the sight of a needle bothers you, LOOK AWAY! Be thankful it isn't you having to depend on injections to live.

Thanks for the explanation. I really am not that squeamish, but I just thought the middle of the dining area was a little more overt than need be. That was my only point. And believe me, I am thankful for that and many more things. We know several people on insulin, and hopefully, a cure will be found soon.

Every cruise I see this same thing, and yes older men. Yes it is disgusting. I know use a something to open the door when ever leaving any restroom.

Richard

On every single cruise I have ever been on, there will come a time where I will see someone exit a bathroom stall and leave the washroom without washing their hands. On some cruises I have seen it several times. How often is it happening if I see it at least once every cruise? What could be more disgusting than that?

And for whatever reason it is almost always a very elderly person. I have no idea why that would be.

about 5 years ago, and this is what made me vow never to go in a hot tub again, I saw within in 5 minutes of each other, no joke,

1) as I got in a hot tub, an elderly gentleman got out and I noticed a pussy sore on his foot that was nice and raw from bubbling away in the tub.

2) I should have got out then and there, but a few minutes later, a little chubby kid got in, with an ice cream cone, and was dunking the cone in the water, then licking it, and repeating. That was enough for me. I went back to my room and took a shower.:eek:

I have seen a dog on a cruise before also. I did do some checking and was told you can bring your pet on Cunard Cruise Line. But only on trans-Atlantic cruise. Cunard's Queen Mary 2 on Deck 12, there's a luxury kennel with space for 12 dogs and cats. So yes you can bring your pet on a cruise.

Richard

No, people cannot bring on their pets. Service animals are allowed, but there are strict rules for documentation, immunization, and other requirements. It is highly unlikely you would be in a cabin where an animal had been.

Spence

I wouldn't have had him after the first chunk.

about 5 years ago, and this is what made me vow never to go in a hot tub again, I saw within in 5 minutes of each other, no joke,

1) as I got in a hot tub, an elderly gentleman got out and I noticed a pussy sore on his foot that was nice and raw from bubbling away in the tub.

2) I should have got out then and there, but a few minutes later, a little chubby kid got in, with an ice cream cone, and was dunking the cone in the water, then licking it, and repeating. That was enough for me. I went back to my room and took a shower.:eek:

Cost of cruise: $3,000

Bar tab after one week on board: $1,000

Witnessing the above mentioned story: Priceless

This one, hands down takes the cake. Thanks for the laugh; it made my day! BTW, I had a tough time figuring out what a "pussy sore" was, but I got it :p.

Archived