Going on Conquest.. Excursion advice!

I have been doing some investigation work on CC and I think I have some of my excursions planned. Help me out and tell me if I shouldnt, should or something better.

Jamiaca: Thinking of Sunset Beach but thought $60 per person is a little steep, sell me on this site!

Grand Cayman: We really thought about this being our hang around site since we arent there real late. Thought about going to Margaritiville but have been told Grand Cayman is an expensive port. Any other ideas?

My husband was really wanting to go to a golf course here and just hit some balls on the driving range but can not find much information on that.

Cozumel: We were planning on doing a beach buggy tour here. I saw a recommendation for cozumelcruiseexcursions called Beach Buggy & Snorkel at Punta Surfor $95 a person with sounded good I am just skeptical of booking outside of Carnival. Also I noticed that it starts at 10:30 and the ship doesnt get there till 10.

We really wanted to do a dune buggy or atv tour and chose either Jamaica or Cozumel to do it and couldnt decide on which location was better. Then I couldnt decide if the Sunset beach in Jamaica or Paradise beach in Cozumel. One thing we do not want to do is any thing we have to drive an hour to get or or any animal petting or swimming.

Oh my goodness help me!!! This will be my husband and I's third cruise and we are taking virigin cruisers with us... our best friends, and I want to show them a great time so they will continue going with us. They have left all the planning, investigating and booking up to me.

This was what we did:

Jamaica - stayed on the ship and had a nice relaxing day.

Grand Cayman - Hannibal Catamaran snorkeling with the sting rays and coral gardens. This was GREAT. The price was VERY reasonable through grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com (Island Marketing, same as the Cozumel one) The operator was wonderful, the group was small, and we really enjoyed the experience.

Cozumel - We used Island Marketing again to book Nachi Cocum. It was a nice relaxing beach day for us. I think that a 10:30 excursion might be cutting it really close, but you should contact Island Marketing and see what they think. They are quick in responding in my experience (usually 24 hours) and they are very helpful.

We are going on the Conquest in 17days!:D

We are going to Sunset Beach in MoBay, this will be our 2nd time to SB. It was $40 the first time we went, but we still feel like $60 is still okay......especially since it is all inclusive. Those drinks and food can add up in a hurry when paying individually for them....and we drink our share.....and then some.:o:rolleyes:

We also stop by Margaritaville on our way back to the ship.

In the Caymans we are planning on a day on Seven Mile Beach. We have done the Stingrays and Turtle Farm in the past, they were great and will probably do them again some day, just want some beach time this trip.

In Cozumel, we are doing Nachi Cocom, been there twice already and absolutely love it.

No matter what you do, I'm sure you will have a blast and will love the Conquest!!!

In Cozumel, Do you prefer Nachi Cocum or Paradise Beach??? I havent really looked into the differences

I am wondering the same thing. Please let us know the pros/cons of each. :D Like there could be any cons related to laying on the beach!

we were on the conquest in February...we did Sunset Beach Mobay(family of four). Loved the close location to the ship, and the free drinks, albeit a bit small and weak, were great. Be sure to find the jerk chicken out by the back pool(near the ping pong tables)...was the best food there.

Grand Cayman we did seven mile beach(royal palms instead of sea grape. Loved just hanging out at the beautiful water and beach.

Cozumel was a little drizzly so we took a cab into town and took off walking. Loved walking into the non touristy areas, even found a mini golf course so the kids could play! Found a local restaurant and ate great food.

Overall, we would not change a thing we did the whole trip!!! Have fun!!!

In Cozumel, Do you prefer Nachi Cocum or Paradise Beach??? I havent really looked into the differences

I am wondering the same thing. Please let us know the pros/cons of each. :D Like there could be any cons related to laying on the beach!

We haven't been to Paradise Beach, but I've read a lot about it, it is not all inclusive, they have more water toys so people with children might choose it over Nachi. However, our children go to Nachi and love it.

For the price at Nachi, it is just a given for our family. Our son did the snorkeling trip at Nachi, I think it was $35, for a two hour trip.

If you want more layed back and not as many kids, I would say Nachi.

If you want more water toys and don't mind kids, and paying individually for food and drinks, then Paradise is your place.

I love the Conquest.

In Jamaica I ziplined the first time, not for everyone, but I loved it. I am over 50 and plump and it was a breeze. Next time I did Dunn River Falls, it was nice but now that I have done that, I don't feel the need to do it again. I would zipline again in a heartbeat. Jamaica is pretty, I would do the ATV excursion there.

Grand Cayman. I go to Stingray City with NativeWay on the Stingray City, Snorkel and Rum Point Beach tour. It is about $62.00 and includes your lunch on Rum Point Beach which is beautiful!!!! You do not have to get in the water with the stingrays if you do not want to, but it is very shallow. They make you feel very comfortable the entire trip. I would recommend Native Way for any excursion in Grand Cayman. The first time I went the ship was leaving two hour early due to hurricane and they go us back in plenty of time.

As far as Cozumel... Paradise Beach is OK, it costs almost nothing to get in, but then you pay for everything once you get there. Beach is ok, a few rocks in places. All in all a nice beach...... Nachi Cocum is beautiful!!!!! It has a nice large pool and hot tub with a swim up bar and an open air restaurant and the food and drinks are really good. The beach is really nice and you can sit in the shade or the sun. The price appx. $48; covers your admission, your chairs, your cabana, your drinks, your food, etc. I can't say enough good things about Nachi Cocum.

Hope this helps.

J:DY

I would have done Sunset beach but I was with others that wanted to go to Margaritaville, I did not enjoy that particular stop. So afterwards we got a taxi and had them take up to a beach. Can't remember which one. Caymen's we did 7 mile beach I don't remember which one but it was the closest to the ship. We also went to MV at that stop because we had these drink bracelets. My opinion is caymens MV is better than J's MV.

Cozumel, We just always do Playa Uvas.

Depends on who you are traveling with and what you like to do.

If you have kids, or peeps that need entertained, maybe PB

If you just want some quiet beach, bottomless drinks, great guac and sun - NC!!

NC limits their people - and every time they brought me a daquiri, they would bring the next as I finished the prior one! Sad thing - we were pretty much on our lips by 2pm, but hey - We even parasailed from NC. But....aside from drinking, sunbathing, eating and the occasional dip in the water (which is very gently sloped with a few rocks here and there...actually saw my first baracuda there - he was only about 10 inches long!) there isnt much else to do.

Again - depends on who you are traveling with and what you are looking to do.

I did, however, enjoy the beach in COZ more than in JAM...

I've never been to this beach. Sounds good. Been to Paradise beach a few times. Like hanging out downtown at $1 beer bar and shopping and watching the people. But, for the Nachi Cocum beach, is it an excursion, or do you just take a taxi. Where is it at on the beach?

Nachi Cocum is privately booked. Google Island Marketing Ltd. for Cozumel. I have booked with them numerous times and they are very reputable. You must get your own transportation; but that is minimal and Nachi is only about 10 minutes away from the Punta Maya or International Pier. It's about 20 minutes away from the Punta Langosta pier, depending on which vessel you are on and which pier you dock at...........Great Place!

Nachi Cocum is privately booked. Google Island Marketing Ltd. for Cozumel. I have booked with them numerous times and they are very reputable. You must get your own transportation; but that is minimal and Nachi is only about 10 minutes away from the Punta Maya or International Pier. It's about 20 minutes away from the Punta Langosta pier, depending on which vessel you are on and which pier you dock at...........Great Place!

Do you have to book in advance or can you just show up the day of and pay the all inclusive price?

we were on the conquest in February...we did Sunset Beach Mobay(family of four). Loved the close location to the ship, and the free drinks, albeit a bit small and weak, were great. Be sure to find the jerk chicken out by the back pool(near the ping pong tables)...was the best food there.

Grand Cayman we did seven mile beach(royal palms instead of sea grape. Loved just hanging out at the beautiful water and beach.

Cozumel was a little drizzly so we took a cab into town and took off walking. Loved walking into the non touristy areas, even found a mini golf course so the kids could play! Found a local restaurant and ate great food.

Overall, we would not change a thing we did the whole trip!!! Have fun!!!

Okay so I am lil confused... is Seven mile beach just a place that drop you off at or is it a resort?? you said royal palms instead of sea grape?? sorry i have never been to grand cayman

Depends on who you are traveling with and what you like to do.

If you have kids, or peeps that need entertained, maybe PB

NC limits their people - and every time they brought me a daquiri, they would bring the next as I finished the prior one! Sad thing - we were pretty much on our lips by 2pm, but hey - We even parasailed from NC. But....aside from drinking, sunbathing, eating and the occasional dip in the water (which is very gently sloped with a few rocks here and there...actually saw my first baracuda there - he was only about 10 inches long!) there isnt much else to do.

Again - depends on who you are traveling with and what you are looking to do.

I did, however, enjoy the beach in COZ more than in JAM...

I think you just sold me on Nachi ---

that is exactly what i want!!!

Do you have to book in advance or can you just show up the day of and pay the all inclusive price?

Nachi Cocum has to be booked in advance. You can visit the website and get information emailed to you on availability. They book up pretty quick during the peak times. The taxi ride is about 15 minutes. You just grab a taxi, the prices are set, and before you leave Nachi they can call you one. I think it was $15 each way for up to 4 people. The prices are posted where the taxis pick you up.

We went to Sunset Beach last October and really enjoyed it. It's a regular resort, and they just let cruise folks in for the day. We booked it online and it included the ride to and from, which made it nice. I think only 4 people from the Conquest went that day, it was very quiet. The beach was nice, and the pool is as well. The food was nothing fancy, but as someone else said, the jerk chicken is very good.

And I can't say enough good things about Nachi, I don't think I'll ever want to go anywhere else in Cozumel! It's clean, not crowded, and the service is great. The food is also very good there, I love authentic Mexican food.

Nachi Sucks..Dont go...Stay Away!!!

;) :p ;)

ok... Im just saying that, if everyone goes they will all find out about our 'little spot' --and it will get crowded.

:cool:

Serioulsy...its a Great Place..the workers (owners?) are so wonderful!

We have been there 4 or 5 times...and will of course go back....

The food is Great --yes the Guac is the Best!! Drinks are plentiful. Service is top notch (remember to tip at the end of the day) Beach is clean uncrowded, and beautiful! They offer snorkeling and things, but are Not pushy... we always buy the Welcome picture that they offer, just cuz...( I will attach some of our Nachi pics)

(remember to bring your own towel, or you can rent one for somehting like $5)

~~We stay on the ship in Jamaica...just not 'our kinda port'

~~in GrandCayman we usually just shop around we always go to Breezes...(made my obligitory trip to Margaritaville the first time I went;)) We LOVE GC, its a beautiful place and the people are very kind and interesting.

(Love the Conquest)

343.jpg.f2303cb9587da13a02b7f5744498e2d4.jpg

304.jpg.d0e577db5b11cf137bbb71229f9abb2e.jpg

The stingrays in Grand Cayman was the highlight of our excursions last year. Captain Marvin's Watersports has a website and there are tons of videos on youtube of them. On our boat, with Capt Marvin, there were 15 people. The Captain and his mate were very hands on and personable. Then the Carnival boat came in. A double decker that had to have at least 70 people one it and cost more. We'll be combining the sea turtle farm with the rays this year.

Archived