Oasis on TV

Its "Oasis" and its absolutely insane. This ship is beyond incredible. There slogan should be "We build beyond incredible". The promenade is absolutely huge. On Explorer it gets a little crowded but I can't see that with Oasis/Allure. Its so wide. Its an amazing ship. JC

I watched it last night, it was definitely about the Oasis, and my Cablevision here in Connecticut said it was about the Freedom.

I thought this was one of the best specials I have ever seen on a cruise ship for one simple reason, it was less about what the ship offered passengers than it was on the architects and designers who were coming up with the concepts. I especially likes hearing about how different Central Park is from the original concept.

There was a great quote on there too, about RCI not setting out to build the world's biggest cruise ship, but ending up that way when they started fitting all their new ideas together.

It was a great show!

Did anyone happen to stay tuned for the show that followed.... at least in our market... it was a show on TSUNAMIS !!! Yikes !!

Interesting programming sequence ! :D :)

Last Wed (June 2) the Discovery channel here in Canada aired the program "Mighty Ships" about the maiden voyage of Oasis.They actually waited almost a half hour for 46 passengers to return to the ship in Nassau. I was thinking that if not for the T.V. cameras these folks would have been left behind.

I saw Oasis on TV last night too on National Geographic Channel. I would've never known it was coming on until someone post it last week on cruise critic. I even wrote it down in my personal calendar to watch it or if busy, tape it on my Verizon DVR. The TV guide said Freedom of the Seas but it definitely was Oasis. I was mesmerized the entire hour of the show. I can't wait until I cruise on her sister ship Allure next year!!!:D

I enjoyed it. I wish that they would have made a three hour three part series like they did with the building of the Voyager class. That was really good. One thing that I enjoyed about last nights show was the fact that it was not like those silly Travel Channel shows that they have been turning out over the last few years. This was one very interesting. Of course she is one of the most beautiful ships that I have ever seen. RCI hit a home run with Oasis.;)

I watched it last night and was facinated with the technology involved in putting it together. FIOS tv guide tried to fool me and said Freedom but ha ha ha, I recorded it anyway and it was Oasis.

On the Left Coast (Cox Cable) it will repeat on again Thursday, June 17, at 3:00 PM. I checked on the NGC website and on the Cox guide. Set my DVR and am all set. We sailed on her in February and she is a remarkable ship.

Is this a National Geographic cable channel? Or is it like on a Discovery Channel under the title of National Geographic? What channel is this on? We have basic cable and do not have a channel called National Geographic :( We do get Discovery Channel :)

Is this a National Geographic cable channel? Or is it like on a Discovery Channel under the title of National Geographic? What channel is this on? We have basic cable and do not have a channel called National Geographic :( We do get Discovery Channel :)

It is the Nat Geo channel. Not Discovery.

Archived