What drinks are you allowed to bring on board?

Jo and Rob

We just got back from the 5/28 Constellation sailing to the Baltics. We boarded at Amsterdam and took on 2 bottles of wine each with no problem. I also bought a bottle of wine at the last port, Copenhagen and again no problem. I should clarify for the alcohol police that we were fully prepared to give up the wine if asked. I'm not sure if Celebrity was a little more lenient on this cruise because of the Norovirus problems. We just like to take on some good wine to drink in our cabin and feel we spent more than enough for drinks on the ship - they are very expensive. We had no problem with water but don't know about soft drinks. Bottled water is expensive on the ship but you can have all the iced water you want for free.

Can you restock with soft drinks and water in the ports?

Yes - there are no restrictions on non-alcoholic beverages. At some ports these items are convenient and inexpensive and at some ports the opposite will be true.

You're not meant to as far as I know. However, as I mentioned we took on a bottle at one port with no problem. It seems to depend on how strict security is being and I don't think I would try more than one bottle at a port. They did not seem nearly as picky as RCI where it seemed mission impossible to bring any wine on.

According to the rules, and the large signs posted at the entryway/gangway, no wine or liquor can be brought aboard at the ports, only at the point of embarkation. Posters have often written about how this regulation is not evenly enforced. But the rule is, only at embarkation. There are often large tables set up just beyond the metal detectors through which you put your carryons and packages when coming back aboard, with a crewmember at the ready to take your wine and liquor at each port, so be ready to give them up if you choose to try to bring some aboard.

We had a box of wine on Princess in our fridge. I thought it was 2 bottles each not realising it was meant to be per cabin so thought it would be fine and we had no problems at all. Has anyone brought a box of wine onto Celebrity?

The trouble with answering your question is, it depends. Box wine seems to exceed what Celebrity allows, but people have brought it on and did OK...others have had the access wine taken - and if it's a box wine, they take the whole thing. We bought wine in a midway port...didn't hide it and was Ok. Next cruise, we brought one on and it was taken and given back at the end of the cruise, while friends just behind us with a bottle walked on through.

As stated, it is two bottles of wine per SR at embarkation - we have had extended thread discussions on 'how large of bottles' with suggestions of rolling on a Nebuchadnezzar being proposed - I looked that word up to spell it right!

But myself, we take two nice bottles, they have corkers and will ice them down anytime and we enjoy on the veranda and with friends.

Enjoy your cruise!

Denny

Some say they can and have packed and carried all kinds of liquor and wine onboard. Question is, if you are told to hand it over or it's missing from your checked luggage when discovered, are you okay with that?

This policy is certainly more enforced than ties on formal nights:D

I agree ! But DH has a medical condition and can't do

the real stuff anymore. I wanted to bring my 2 bottles

a 6 pk of non alcohol beer. What do you folks think of

chances of getting it all on?

I agree ! But DH has a medical condition and can't do

the real stuff anymore. I wanted to bring my 2 bottles

a 6 pk of non alcohol beer. What do you folks think of

chances of getting it all on?

No reason that you should have any problem. It certainly is not against any written or implied policy.

The bottle size is not stated either. I called Celebrity just now and they said the size didn't matter. I think at least one of our bottles will be the 1.5 liter vice the 750ml size. We also asked if it was still only 2 bottles if there were 3 occupants. They said only 2. I wonder if each of the 3 had a bag in their carry-on if there would be an issue though.

The bottle size is not stated either. I called Celebrity just now and they said the size didn't matter. I think at least one of our bottles will be the 1.5 liter vice the 750ml size. We also asked if it was still only 2 bottles if there were 3 occupants. They said only 2. I wonder if each of the 3 had a bag in their carry-on if there would be an issue though.

I meant,"each of the 3 had a 'bottle'".

I'm not saying you should do this, but we managed to sneak on a bottle of Passoa in our carry on containing our baby's food and formula. No one made a comment about it either. I think they assumed that it was a bottle of soft drink as we had poured the alcohol into a soft drink bottle.

As for non-alcoholic drinks, I don't think there is a limit. We even stocked up on a few 1L bottles of Coca Cola, Fanta and water when in Warnemünde (Germany), brought it back on board and didn't get any comments.

You could try to bring some hard liquor in your carry on, but try to "conceal" it in another type of bottle ;)

With Princess we could bring on wine and with Royal Caribbean we were able to take on soft drinks and water. Just wondering what the situation is with Celebrity?

Jo, your cruise is over 400 days away...the policies just might change between now and then, right :confused::rolleyes:

###

I'm not saying you should do this, but we managed to sneak on a bottle of Passoa in our carry on containing our baby's food and formula. No one made a comment about it either. I think they assumed that it was a bottle of soft drink as we had poured the alcohol into a soft drink bottle.

As for non-alcoholic drinks, I don't think there is a limit. We even stocked up on a few 1L bottles of Coca Cola, Fanta and water when in Warnemünde (Germany), brought it back on board and didn't get any comments.

You could try to bring some hard liquor in your carry on, but try to "conceal" it in another type of bottle ;)

Love Passoa... hmmm...

Archived