The Skyride

BcIcemen

You can walk there, easy walk, We were not over all very impressed by it, but if that is something you want to do then go for it. One thing I do remember liking about it, is that while we were riding up and down the sounds of the birds in the foliage below us was so pretty.

I was wondering if you could walk there too. I would like to go and be able to take some good pictures of the island. I assume this is the best place to go? Is it a really good view? Anyone know the cost?

I think it is like 20.00. Google St Thomas Sky Ride and you can go to a web site for it. Enjoy

We rode "The View" to Paradise Point again last week. I believe the cost is $21. It does seem like a lot for the ride, but the views from the top are wonderful. You can also sit and have something to drink/eat at the restaurant. I think this is one of the things that shouldn't be missed in St. Thomas, especially for those who enjoy taking pictures.

I really enjoyed the skyride, I did it the last time I was there. They have a gift shop at the top, as well as a bar and a bird show. The bar makes the famous "Bailys Bushwhacker". One of the best frozen drinks I've ever had. Just a word of caution if you are walking there though: There a 2 piers in St. Thomas. The last time I was there, Princess docked at the further one, and RCCL and CCL docked at the pier closer to the ride. The further pier is a LOOOOOOOOONG walk, especially in the late summer heat. You may opt to walk there, but take a taxi back, especially if you've had a Bailys Bushwhacker. ;-)

I believe Atlantis refers to the submarine ride.

The skyride is close to the West Indies (WICO) docks/Havensite mall. Not so close if you dock at Crown Bay, across the bay. Then you would need a taxi.

Art

Mitsygirly - Paradise Point offers a great view of the cruise ships at the Havensight Dock with the Charlotte Amalie Harbor and town in the background. There are other spots around the island to take other panoramic photos of other vistas, for example along Skyline Drive there is a great view of downtown, from Drakes Seat a great view of Magens Bay.

w8ing2cruise - looking at the map: Don't think KFC is in that #7 spot anymore, and pretty sure Modern Music is no longer in business. Atlantis was a submarine excursion, its gone. Everything else looks right.

--Islander

We are going to be traveling with an Infant. Was wondering if anyone knows if I will be able to get the stroller up there on the skyride? Or if they have someplace you could leave it?

Been to St. Thomas 4 times now and finally did the Skyride. It was a nice view but it was overcast for us. We missed the bird show. The "bushwacker" is one of the tastiest drinks during my cruise, strong but good. I would do it at least once but now that I have done it, I don't need to go back. Our first cruise, we took a tour of the island and got just as good views (pictures) during that tour, we just weren't as high up.

We are going to be traveling with an Infant. Was wondering if anyone knows if I will be able to get the stroller up there on the skyride? Or if they have someplace you could leave it?

The tram is a standup tram, a stroller should fit in one - not sure if they recommend leaving the stroller behind at the starting point area or not. You might contact them for more informaiton on this: http://paradisepointtramway.com/

--Islander

• 2 weeks later...

We did the skyride and had a great time. The view is stunning! We took a small hike to a overlook and the flowers and plants were so beautiful. There was oodles of little lizards scampering around and made for a fun little hike. There are some shops and vendors to shop from and we found some great items. We also caught the bird show which was entertaining. We really enjoyed it and had some nice quiet romantic moments up there.

Archived