Allegiant/JetBlue/SouthWest/Spirit/Virg Amer/-New opening of rate schedules-post here

Host Mike

8 hours ago, CategoryQ said:

No firm date yet. Historically it has been approx June 22-28th range.

Thank you! I am going to wait and book my flights then since it looks like SW will be releasing soon and I'd like to compare airline prices.

4 hours ago, TeresaJ said:

Thank you! I am going to wait and book my flights then since it looks like SW will be releasing soon and I'd like to compare airline prices.

You should be looking a prices now.  It is an established fact that aside from Wanna fares, WN is often higher than legacy carriers for the same travel dates -- if you had purchased prior to the WN release.

If you see a good price now, grab it, as it may not be available from any carrier in the future.

17 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Amazingly, if someone were to merely type in "Route Map" into the search box on the Southwest webpage, the first answer is a link to their route search tool that has a map of all Southwest destinations.

But for those that don't want to go through that process, here's the link.

https://www.southwest.com/flight/routemap_dyn.html

Thank you, but when I do that it populates me back to "book a flight" and when I enter a random day (just to see if they ever fly there) it says "no flights available/not scheduled to operate on the date selected"  So I didnt know if that meant just certain dates ( I have tried a few), or if they just never fly those routes.  Perhaps Im using the route map search incorrectly?

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

You should be looking a prices now.  It is an established fact that aside from Wanna fares, WN is often higher than legacy carriers for the same travel dates -- if you had purchased prior to the WN release.

If you see a good price now, grab it, as it may not be available from any carrier in the future.

The problem is that I don't always book by cheapest fare. Flight time is very important to me. I need the schedule to open up for comparisons.

What it accurately shows are the cities serviced by WN.

If you have the "map view", it will show you the cities.  If you have the list view, you can click on various origins and see where there is non-stop service.  So work back from your destination....from Honolulu there are four mainland cities.  And so forth.

Remember two facts -- WN only shows flights out a short time frame and that many routes have gotten reduced service due to the dropoff in flight demand.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:23 PM, CruiseDigits said:

This is the direct link for the page where Southwest posts the expected schedule release date.  If the date changes you'll see the change on the page:

https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/index.html

At one point, I used to know what time of day SW opened up the new dates, but I'm old and my memory is failing me. I think it may have been 5am est, but I don't trust my memory.

Any idea when they will start allowing bookings when they add dates on the 28th? Thanks in advance!

Southwest has released flights to Jan 4 2021 currently. 

This is a new one for me - the website says: "At this time, we do not have a date for our next schedule extension therefore please check back frequently."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/7/2020 at 5:55 AM, CategoryQ said:

Southwest news:

On August 27, 2020, we will open our schedule for sale through March 10, 2021. (Date is subject to change; please check back frequently.)

Southwest opened their schedule to mid-March 2021 yesterday, 8/13/20.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I just booked my flights.  Paid more than I wanted, but I was using points so that takes away some of the pain.  "Good" flight times coming back were already gone, so I opted for a 4:55 pm.  

1 minute ago, Roz said:

I just booked my flights.  Paid more than I wanted, but I was using points so that takes away some of the pain.  "Good" flight times coming back were already gone, so I opted for a 4:55 pm.  

I was going to say they showed up & were horrible prices, looks like I will be impatiently waiting until about 6-12 weeks before my trip

45 minutes ago, clambert1273 said:

I was going to say they showed up & were horrible prices, looks like I will be impatiently waiting until about 6-12 weeks before my trip

What I do with SW is book the flights and then keep checking back for better prices and times.  SW allows you to modify your flights, and refunds points and money to your account if you find something at a lower fare. 

2 hours ago, Roz said:

What I do with SW is book the flights and then keep checking back for better prices and times.  SW allows you to modify your flights, and refunds points and money to your account if you find something at a lower fare. 

But you do have to use those refunds within a year of the original booking date.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

But you do have to use those refunds within a year of the original booking date.

Yes, that's the case.  Wasn't a problem when we could move freely around the country.

4 hours ago, Roz said:

We don't travel enough even normally for that to be worthwhile

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...