Nachi Cocum, Paradise Beach or Mr. Sancho's

taylor1293

We've been to Nachi twice, and will be there again at the end of October. Beautiful, relaxing place. We've always been there in October, and the water at the beach and at the pool has always been comfortable. The jacuzzi wasn't much warmer than the pool, but it was nice to sit in there with a drink for long periods.

We haven't been to Nachi with our kids (7, 11). In June, when we had pre-teens and teens in our group, we opted to go to Paradise beach because of the water toys. My 11 year old son said it was the best day of his life. We were the only ship in port, so it was not very crowded at all.

In October, there will be 5 ships in port, so we decided on Nachi, where they limit the number of people. The clubs are different, so it depends on what you want, but we would have been very happy at either place for our Oct trip if it hadn't been for the expected crowds. We're mid-late 40s for reference.

Here are some comparisons that I hope help someone:

Cost: Nachi $49pp includes food (best guac. ever) and all drinks, including bottled water, beers, margaritas, wine, mixed drinks, sodas, etc.

Paradise: $12pp for the toys and a chair. Food and drinks are a la carte, the food we had was good. Probably would be more expensive than Nachi if you have several drinks per person.

Atmosphere:

Nachi - relaxed and quiet, but I think I remember music at the pool (had my iPod at the beach chair). My husband had the best message on the beach at Nachi - didn't get one at Paradise so can't compare. Beach chairs are spaced apart - more personal space. Palapas for shade also. Floating in the pool and ocean on floating mat was VERY nice (may have been ~$5 for mat - can't remember, but worth it).

Paradise - much more active - lots more chairs on the beach - lots of toys in the water. Toys kind of block your panoramic ocean view from your beach chair. The toys in the water were LOTS of fun. We're very active (gotta keep up with 7 and 11 yr old) so it was a blast for us and the kids. Kayak was included with toys and was fun. Snorkeling equipment included also, so I had my 7 yr old wear the vest while out playing on the toys since the water was deep out there.

Beach: Nachi - sandy, slopes more steeply into the water, but not too much

Paradise - rocky at the waterline - go to the far right to enter the water in bare feet.

• 4 months later...

I realize this thread hasn't been active for awhile, but wanted to add this info for anyone reading.

Just returned from Cozumel. We went to Nachi and had previously gone to Mr. Sanchos. Now, I know with all the food you get on the cruise ship, this should not be a big deal, but I feel it's worth mentioning.

The drinks flowed freely at both places so for comparison sake, there is no difference. I do not normally like pina coladas but they were sooo good at both places.

At Nachi Cocum, they told us we each got one appetizer, one salad, one main dish and one dessert.They told us when we wanted to eat, we should go to the eating area. So we all went up to the table area and all ate a meal. I would have rather "grazed" all day, and sampled different dishes, ordering one dish to share with a few people, then ordered more when we wanted.That's how we did it at Mr. Sancho's last year. I think we actually cost the resort less with this method. Eating that much food at once because we had paid for it and were told that's how they do it, just felt like another big meal. Most of us ended up only getting one or two things.

While I was there, I talked to another guest who told me that she was told that, too, but she wasn't about to do it that way. So she just kept telling the waiter no, they were told it was "all you can eat" and they weren't going to order their meal all at once. I guess if you make a fuss you can have it how you want it.

Nachi is definitely lower key than Mr. Sanchos. I think both places are great, but we'll go back to Mr. Sanchos. OH, also, Mr. Sanchos sets up a table and chairs in addition to your reclining plastic beach chairs so you are able to stay in the same area all day. At Nachi you only get the beach chairs so you almost have to move to the eating area to eat, especially if you want fish or something that you need to eat at a table. That was kind of a pain, because there were a lot of other people there and we felt we had to take most of our valuables with us just to be safe.

We did Nachi last week and our server brought the food to us at our chairs on the beach. We were never told we had to go to the dining area, though I saw people there. I thought Nachi was very laid back and we enjoyed it other than the weather being cold, which wasn't their fault. I did think the food was only average though.

We are wanting to try Nachi's this year but haven't made reservations yet. If we don't hurry, we may not get to try them in March!

We went with Sancho's last year and had a very relaxing time. We didn't do the AI so we paid a few bucks for a family of 4 to enter (I think $5 each) and then paid as we went. Kids had a burger and a hot dog and DW and I each had some fajitas. We had some bottled water and about 5-6 beers btw the 2 of us. Total food/beverage bill was under $100. DW had a massage and we went horseback riding which wouldn't have been in the AI anyway.

Beach was beautiful, not crowded, quiet and service was great.

DW and friends went back later in the year and a group of "alternative lifestyle" people were there. She said they did a good job of keeping the 2 "styles" separated.

• 1 month later...
We are wanting to try Nachi's this year but haven't made reservations yet. If we don't hurry, we may not get to try them in March!

We went with Sancho's last year and had a very relaxing time. We didn't do the AI so we paid a few bucks for a family of 4 to enter (I think $5 each) and then paid as we went. Kids had a burger and a hot dog and DW and I each had some fajitas. We had some bottled water and about 5-6 beers btw the 2 of us. Total food/beverage bill was under $100. DW had a massage and we went horseback riding which wouldn't have been in the AI anyway.

Beach was beautiful, not crowded, quiet and service was great.

DW and friends went back later in the year and a group of "alternative lifestyle" people were there. She said they did a good job of keeping the 2 "styles" separated.

How was the horseback riding? Was it worth the money? (how much?) and how long is the ride?

DH & I can't wait to go back to Nachi Cocom in August. We went a few years ago. We just loved it so much. It felt so private. The tropical color of the water is amazing. Nachi Cocom beach is where we snorkeled the very first time in our life...we are mid 40's. It was great. We don't drink alcohol but our waiter kept bringing us tropical virgin darquis non-stop. It was great. The food is delicious also....5 course meal.:D:D

We have a group of 10 people going on our cruise in Dec. 2010! I'm the one that is trying to find things for everyone to do. Everyone one in our party drinks so what are some of the things they will have for you to get? Can you get mixed drinks or only beer? Also how soon would I need to sign up for this or can you just go there that morning?

When I was there in December they wouldn't make Mojitos :( But they did offer many other mixed drinks.

Can anyone tell me what kinds of beer they serve at Nachi Cocom. Thank you!!!

Ooops - didn't notice until after I posted that you asked for Nachi - this is what's at Mr. Sanchos - If you go all inclusive you are given a draft beer and no choice - they told us that it wasn't draft but that for our safety it is poured into a plastic glass, yet the pay-as-you-go tables 3 feet away from us were served bottles - and they had a variety to choose from. I know they had XX in the green bottle (our fav beer in Mexico) and a few other kinds. Didn't ask if we could get them if we paid extra.

We are a party of 6 and we are doing Mr. Sanchos because a girl in our party wants to do horseback riding. Otherwise, I like that Nachi has a 100 cap, but trust, I am NOT disappointed with going to Mr. Sanchos LOL. I love that we can all get what we want: my husband can go jet skiing, I can get my massage, and my friend can go horseback riding. I do hope that its not packed like sardines, but hey if it is, I can adjust. Thats what vacation is all about- take the lemons life gives you and use it as a garnish to your margarita yum!;)

Any suggestions on transportation to and from Nachi Cocom? We've never been, have 2 kids, concerned for safety.

All the taxis are right outside the port area. There is no reason to be concerned for safety in Cozumel. They have set fares to each spot and there is a big sign out by the taxi area that lists them all.

Ooops - didn't notice until after I posted that you asked for Nachi - this is what's at Mr. Sanchos - If you go all inclusive you are given a draft beer and no choice - they told us that it wasn't draft but that for our safety it is poured into a plastic glass, yet the pay-as-you-go tables 3 feet away from us were served bottles - and they had a variety to choose from. I know they had XX in the green bottle (our fav beer in Mexico) and a few other kinds. Didn't ask if we could get them if we paid extra.

So Mr. Sancho's serves the AI peeps draft beer?! Oh DH is going to hate that. I may need to rethink this. Does anyone know how they serve beer at Nachi? Is it in the bottle or is it draft? Draft beer makes my husband really sick.

Christi,

You are not bothering at all, you have the right to ask.

The statement is part myth, part true, let me explain:.

As part of the AI,sanchos offers only one beer(the true), but it is bottled(myth),however it is served in a glass(origin of misconception)

Other beers(including foreign) are not included and are available as you go, however the one served (sol) is a very fine one.

On regards to liqours though, everything is top shelf.

And food is a la carte and prepared when you need it.

Hope i answered your questions,let me know if you have more

Regards,

Ericka

On Mar 8, 2011, at 8:26 AM, christina long <kckm03@yahoo.com> wrote:

Ericka-

I am sorry to keep bothering you...but I was just informed via Cruise Critic that Mr. Sancho's only serves draft beer to the parties that are AI and if you pay as you go then you are offered bottled beer, any truth to this?

I have emailed Oliver directly several times about a number of things and got no response. You are the only one that seems to answer my questions.

So Mr. Sancho's serves the AI peeps draft beer?! Oh DH is going to hate that. I may need to rethink this. Does anyone know how they serve beer at Nachi? Is it in the bottle or is it draft? Draft beer makes my husband really sick.

Beer is Bottled beer, I didnt see any draft beer at all.

Beer is Bottled beer, I didnt see any draft beer at all.

The lady from beach tours said the same. Since we have not had Sol and are unsure if we will like it I emailed Oliver and got the best customer service ever. I am gushing right now.

He said that if we wait and pay the $50 at the door plus and additional $10 pp we could choose any beer off the menu for the AI! I was floored and so so happy. If you read my blog today you will see the email to him and from him, and just how upset I got over beer, haha.

Very very good customer service.

The lady from beach tours said the same. Since we have not had Sol and are unsure if we will like it I emailed Oliver and got the best customer service ever. I am gushing right now.

He said that if we wait and pay the $50 at the door plus and additional $10 pp we could choose any beer off the menu for the AI! I was floored and so so happy. If you read my blog today you will see the email to him and from him, and just how upset I got over beer, haha.

Very very good customer service.

so let me get this straight, you have to pay an extra $10 on top of the $50 to enjoy more than one type of beer? I was under the assumption all domestics were included and not imports

so let me get this straight, you have to pay an extra $10 on top of the $50 to enjoy more than one type of beer? I was under the assumption all domestics were included and not imports

Yes, follows are the emails between me and Ericka at beach tours:

Ericka-

I am sorry to keep bothering you...but I was just informed via Cruise Critic that Mr. Sancho's only serves draft beer to the parties that are AI and if you pay as you go then you are offered bottled beer, any truth to this?

I have emailed Oliver directly several times about a number of things and got no response. You are the only one that seems to answer my questions.

Christi,

You are not bothering at all, you have the right to ask.

The statement is part myth, part true, let me explain:.

As part of the AI,sanchos offers only one beer(the true), but it is bottled(myth),however it is served in a glass(origin of misconception)

Other beers(including foreign) are not included and are available as you go, however the one served (sol) is a very fine one.

On regards to liqours though, everything is top shelf.

And food is a la carte and prepared when you need it.

Hope i answered your questions,let me know if you have more

Regards,

Ericka

And from Oliver at Mr Sanchos

Hi Christina,

Your question was what kind of beers we offer at Mr Sancho's: we have

Sol, XX's, Superior, Bohemia, Tecate all this at $4 usd and we also

have Coors Light at $4.50 usd.

You are welcome to go a la cart if you prefer that way.

If you open a tab you can buy as many buckets of beer you choose to.

If you buy the Mr Sancho's All Inclusive you are welcome to drink beer

Sol serve on a glass all day long.

Our All Inclusive is a la Cart, not a Buffet!!!

If you pay on site upon arrival the $50 usd plus $10 usd extra. Is a

done deal you get to choose the beer of preference.

Please let me know if I can help with any other questions!!!! : )

Regards

Oliver

2011/3/8, christina long <kckm03@yahoo.com>:

> I emailed once and got the auto reply I guess of what is included in the $50

> package. Now I have more questions and Oliver isn't responding to the email

> that was given to me.

> I have been told that you offer only ONE beer choice in the all inclusive

> and it is served in a glass. Then I have been told that you will serve

> buckets of beer if I wish. My family drinks beer and we like american

> brands. We can drink Corona, but all other Mexican brands have an odd taste

> to us. I was told you serve only Sol to the all inclusive bunch. Is this

> true and if so why?

> I know we may be in the minority but if we only have one beer choice then I

> think we are going to have to choose another beach club.

> Can we be accommodated for $10 more and get all the brands of beer included

> in our choices for the all inclusive? Can you send me a list of all the

> beers you sever including prices? Or maybe a menu with all the prices?

> Then if we choose to come we can pay as we go?

>

> Christi Mays

>

>

>

Hope that helps...

Archived