Cape Liberty, Bayonne, NJ Question

Driving from NH the day before our cruise on Aug 28th and looking for suggestions on where to stay.

Also, this time of year (school starting) if anyone knows if this may have alot of kids/teens on it. We have a 14 yr old son going with us.

Thanks

Karen

As Jimbo suggested, come to the East Coast Departures board. We have driving directions from NE. We have been recommending bidding on Hotwire or Priceline (Hotwire for 3 people) for 3* hotels in Secaucus. There should be kids on the cruise, particularly if the rates are more reasonable than other summer weeks. School doesn't start in most places in the Northeast until after Labor Day.

May I respectfully consider that if you are arriving the day before, you consider hotels on Staten Island NY. The Hilton Garden Inn and the Hampton Inn are both good. You could taka a pre-cruise aboard the Staten Island Ferry through NY Harbor (can't beat the price -- it's free) or visit the Tibetan Museum or other attractions. And from Staten Island, it's a quick trip across the Bayonne Bridge to the seaport. From the hotels, I'd estimate 15 minutes to the pier.

May I respectfully consider that if you are arriving the day before, you consider hotels on Staten Island NY. The Hilton Garden Inn and the Hampton Inn are both good. You could taka a pre-cruise aboard the Staten Island Ferry through NY Harbor (can't beat the price -- it's free) or visit the Tibetan Museum or other attractions. And from Staten Island, it's a quick trip across the Bayonne Bridge to the seaport. From the hotels, I'd estimate 15 minutes to the pier.

What does a taxi cost one way from those hotels to the pier?

Jimbo:)

Hilton Newark Airport

1170 Spring Street

Elizabeth, NJ 07201

This hotel is only a few miles from the pier and a 2 double beds deluxe room goes for $150.93.

Hilton and others at Newark and in area (Elizabeth NJ) offer a "stay, park,cruise" rate for 1 week parking with 1 nite stay. Some have shuttles to pier. some mentioned on East Coast Departures board. Good Luck

Also asked this on another thread you posted on.

Alan, Anyway you could give me the name of the car services used in Staten Island area. I'm thinking of staying in that area before a cruise and need a ride to the port and back? I'm wondering what they charge since it's only about 7 miles from the port where I'm thinking of staying?

How about my car for the 12 nights?

well i think that it probably would NOT wind up in the river?? LOLOL...:p

when i first saw the shuttle i looked at their website and it said they had a package....i would give the hotel a ringy dingy directly and ask.......

otherwise stick with one of the other options........i think you've asked us this before right?? :confused::D

well i think that it probably would NOT wind up in the river?? LOLOL...:p

when i first saw the shuttle i looked at their website and it said they had a package....i would give the hotel a ringy dingy directly and ask.......

otherwise stick with one of the other options........i think you've asked us this before right?? :confused::D

Yeah but I'm not getting many answers I like....lol Wish DataStar would answer me, he seems to know the Staten Island area..........I have another back-up place to stay in Staten Island but need to know the cost of a cab/ or car service from that place to the port.

To the OP, we've sailed on the Explorer twice the week you're going (end of Aug.) I would say there were probably 1,000 kids, it's right before school starts here in NY (after Labor Day), lots of people here pick that week. Also, I'm thinking that car service from the Hilton in SI would probably be about $25, we've always driven to the pier, it's only about a 20 minute ride.

To the OP, we've sailed on the Explorer twice the week you're going (end of Aug.) I would say there were probably 1,000 kids, it's right before school starts here in NY (after Labor Day), lots of people here pick that week. Also, I'm thinking that car service from the Hilton in SI would probably be about $25, we've always driven to the pier, it's only about a 20 minute ride.

wow.....that;s a good deal!!

Ok, don't quote me, I could call a car service and ask if someone really wants to know - there are no taxis here, it would only be a car service. I think I remember that we took car service to NYC pier once and it was about $70 so I don't think to Bayonne would be as much.

Ok, don't quote me, I could call a car service and ask if someone really wants to know - there are no taxis here, it would only be a car service. I think I remember that we took car service to NYC pier once and it was about $70 so I don't think to Bayonne would be as much.

Would love to really know what it would cost for a car service, it would be a 7 mile ride to the pier in Bayonne.

Thanks

Would love to really know what it would cost for a car service, it would be a 7 mile ride to the pier in Bayonne.

Thanks

You would also have to pay for the toll for the Bayonne Bridge, which I believe is aproximately $6. ( I have ezpass, so I get a residents rate)

I'm less than a mile from both the Hilton and Hampton hotels on Staten Island. I called the Hilton and they advised that the shuttle to the port is free, as well as parking.

Carol

Jimbo - you keep asking this question. Carolrd has confirmed what I reported after my visit to Hilton Gardens in May. My experience is posted in http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1195804&highlight=staten

Since Hampton Inn shares a parking lot and the shuttle with the Hilton, it might also offer both the parking and transportation. The shuttle is "on request" - you have to arrange for it and it might not go at the specific time you desire. However, on a Sunday there are plenty of hours for the shuttle to run you over to Bayonne.

Jimbo - you keep asking this question. Carolrd has confirmed what I reported after my visit to Hilton Gardens in May. My experience is posted in http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1195804&highlight=staten

Since Hampton Inn shares a parking lot and the shuttle with the Hilton, it might also offer both the parking and transportation. The shuttle is "on request" - you have to arrange for it and it might not go at the specific time you desire. However, on a Sunday there are plenty of hours for the shuttle to run you over to Bayonne.

I'm not thinking of staying at either hotel, I have another place in mind in Staten Island, so I want to know what it would cost to get to the pier from Staten Island area, it would be about a 7 mile drive oneway to the Bayonne Port.

This is not the same question I was asking from before. Keep up. lol

I'm not thinking of staying at either hotel, I have another place in mind in Staten Island, so I want to know what it would cost to get to the pier from Staten Island area, it would be about a 7 mile drive oneway to the Bayonne Port.

This is not the same question I was asking from before. Keep up. lol

You can call any one of these car service for a quote:

Grant City Car Services - maps.google.com

1138 South Railroad Avenue, Staten Island - (718) 979-6200

Staten Island car service - maps.google.com

12 Bradley Avenue, staten island - (718) 761-5100

Mid Island Car Service. (718) 967-2500. 566 Industrial Loop, Staten ...

Bloomingdale Car Service. (718) 227-7770. 12 Bradley Ave, Staten Island, NY 10314 ...

Carol

Archived