17 years and 345 days old: Allowed in the club and R shows?

gslargent

while it's nice to hear ur 17 y.o. enjoys the clubs, it's not every kids idea of nirvanna...even well-adjusted ones:rolleyes:with active social lives on dry land. it's an option, not a mandate.

many older teens are experienced travelers (including lots of time in the kids/teen clubs). FYI, the teen clubs can be very sparsely attended, especially if during school calendar = a bit of a snooze.

imo nothing wrong with a nearly-18 yo teen electing to spend time on their own exploring the ship or (gasp!) spending time with parental units enjoying a show:confused:.

Are you serious that an adult comedy show would be the setting for quality time with your parental units! Those shows are very funney, but very vulgar! My dad is 73 and I would not find that the least bit fun to go to with him!

Yes I can see why an almost 18 year old would want to go, but they won't be with their own age there- get ready to be in a room with a bunch of senior citizens and some others mixed in.

Sounds like a lively debate. I don't think that there's anything wrong with an almost 18 year old preferring to hang out with his/her older siblings rather than attempt to meet 15 year old strangers.

Are you serious that an adult comedy show would be the setting for quality time with your parental units! Those shows are very funney, but very vulgar! My dad is 73 and I would not find that the least bit fun to go to with him!

Yes I can see why an almost 18 year old would want to go, but they won't be with their own age there- get ready to be in a room with a bunch of senior citizens and some others mixed in.

well, since there's no strip clubs onboard, we thought it'd have to make do:rolleyes: a joke, it's a joke folks;)

we don't drop the 'f' bomb during family time, but ive seen enough of facebook posts to know my kids have heard it (and much more) before, particularly in a comedy setting. my ma is going to be 80, if she was still physically able to travel she'd be the old broad down front howling...just the way we roll. family is an irreverent bunch, the seven deadly words just sail over our head in a comedy routine...after repetition, they lose their shock effect imo

have i mentioned DS is an altar boy, as any catholic school alumni will verify, we've heard it all lol

btw, we'll be the ones in the back corner table...you won't even know we're there so as not to sully the grownup fun.:)

• 5 weeks later...

we don't drop the 'f' bomb during family time, but ive seen enough of facebook posts to know my kids have heard it (and much more) before, particularly in a comedy setting. my ma is going to be 80, if she was still physically able to travel she'd be the old broad down front howling...just the way we roll.

Funny! Thats just how we roll too...my parents who are both 60+ always travel with us and we go to the comedy shows together, it doesnt bother any of us, every family is different. While some may not enjoy spending (adult) family time like this, we love a good comedy show!

What I am curious to know is you state she is your SIL, is she married to your brother? If so I can understand where she wouldnt want to hang out in the teen clubs, if she is married she would probably have very little in common with the kids her age (maturity wise). And on the last few cruises I have been on I also saw "id checkers" at the door. So she may not be able to get in. But there are many otehr things she can do to have fun!

Archived