How bad is the smoke in the piano bars?

gslargent

The piano bar is always one of my favorite places, but I wish that they would keep it smoke free. How bad is it these days?

My guess is it would depend on how many people were smoking and or have smoked in there.

Did you have a particular ship in mind?

The piano bar is always one of my favorite places, but I wish that they would keep it smoke free. How bad is it these days?

Honestly it all depends on the crowd in ther on each specifis sailing/night.

You very well may have 2 or 3 smokers in there one night and 20 the next.

Depends on who shows up and occupies the seats first.

But most likely there will be smokers since it is one of the venues that does allow it.

Maybe try to get a group of non smokers to go with you and claim the seats at the piano. ;)

Growing up in a house with 2 smokers it does not bother me, but there has been times where it was unbearable for me in there...LOL

Then there have been nights where it was not even noticeable.

Not sure why they don't retrofit that small area with a smoke removal system like the cigar lounge has...gets the smoke right out of there...but the odor is a whole other issue. ;)

On different ships and even different nights on those ships it has gone from almost none to OMG did a forest fire break out. You won't know until the night you go there. As others have said it depends on who the audience is that night.

On the Fantasy Class ships, the ships staff frequently (as well as passengers) use the Piano Bar as a smoking pit stop even during the day.

Sit at the actual Piano Bar as most of the peformers will ask that folks not smoke right there piano side.

The other thing is depending on how good the piano player. If he/she isn't very good it won't be very smokey at all because the room will be empty.....As others have said it can be hit or miss on the amount of smokers in there.....

Usually pretty bad - esp if as mentioned the entertainer is good. First few nights may be emptier so less smokey (until people find the piano bar and realize what fun it is!).

Also less smokey when it first 'opens' but as it fills up and more people come in, more smokers, etc it tends to get worst. I can only last 15-20 minutes in there!

It has been so bad on all our Carnival cruises that we have never been able to go in. Always so smokey that even walking by it is bad. Same on our most recent Dream cruise this past April. It had a fairly decent crowd and even though I don't think you could smoke directly next to the piano, it was still way to smokey for us to go in.

on our recent Dream cruise, the piano player Barry was great - so the room was packed and yep, smoky, particularly later in the evening (we couldn't stay as late as I would have liked - I was getting a headache). When the main shows were done, particularly on a night when there weren't comedians, it was a zoo in the piano bar!! Earlier before things get rockin' it wasn't so smoky. However, sorry to tell you - Barry's done on the Dream.

It has been very bad on all my cruises with Carnival. I can not even stand in the door way for very long without having to feel like I am about to throw up.

I have had the same experiences. I have never been able to go into the piano bars on any of the cruises b/c the smoke makes me sick...

We also sit as close to the door as we can get, and sometimes even lean against the wall next to the door, just to get some fresh air. They really need to improve the ventilation systems in the pb on the ships. (this goes for ALL the ships we have sailed on) Kinda loses some of the "fun" of the pb, but breathing comes before singing!:D

Darn place is always full so it can't be that bad. Never can get a table when we go there after a show. All depends what week you go, never the same each week. When we do get a table its never been bad. were not going to die if we get a wiff of smoke.

Archived