Any recent reviews on Nohoch Kay Beach Club?

John F

• 2 weeks later...

We had a fantastic experience at Nohoch Kay (or Nohoch Cay) in Costa Maya on 6/2/2010. We booked it online through Island Marketing, after reading some reviews.

We got off the Oasis of the Seas and took a bus ride to the taxi drop-off point. I recommend trying to get a taxi take you directly to Nohoch Kay if you can, as it is a bit of a walk (probably ~4-6 US blocks) in the hot sun from the drop-off point. This was the only part of the day that was somewhat challenging.

When we arrived at Nohoch Kay, Jaime the owner greeted us warmly and called us by name from our reservations. There were eight of us altogether, and he treated us like royalty. He immediately arranged seating in the shaded area of the restaurant with a nice ocean breeze, brought us drinks, and set up the ladies in a shaded palapa on the beach. He arranged a table for the kids and let us know that we could do whatever we wanted for the day.

For the rest of the afternoon, he brought us round after round of great drinks: caiparinhas, palomas, margaritas, frozen fruity drinks, mexican beers, sodas and virgin frozen drinks for the kids, anything you wanted. Everything was freshly made and delicious. We never had to ask or wait for anything; he and his staff were friendly and always right there to take care of us. Jaime is a wonderful host who really knows how to take care of people and make them feel at home. He spent considerable time sitting with us at our table, talking about his place and the pride he takes in making people happy.

And the food was awesome! A HUGE plate of nachos for the kids, tacos, quesadillas, phenomenal fresh ceviche, and the best fish tacos I've ever had. While we were there Jaime was hosting a table of crew members fom the Oasis who ranted and raved about Jaime's food and hospitality. You know you're in the right place when the crew hangs out there!

The kids enjoyed the kayaks, swimming and snorkeling in the shallow water. Jaime set them up with life vests and whatever they needed. We didn't lift a finger.

At the end of the day, we were getting a little concerned about making it back to the ship on time. Jaime took care of us, watching the time for us, and calling us cabs to pick us up about ten feet from where we were sitting in the shaded restaurant. He then pulled out the good tequila :D and insisted that we join him in a toast to a wonderful day.

I can't recommend Nohoch Kay enough. It was the highlight of our cruise, and that is a lot to say because the Oasis is a floating dream.

Book it, go there, you'll love it! :):):):)

My question is if you can only go to Nohoch Kay through Island Marketing?

They weren't open or just opening last time we were in Majahual wasn't aware they were there until later.

If my info source is correct, Jaime used to own the Oasis in Playa del Carmen and his seafood there was excellent. And his partner Jeff and I are from the same neck of the backwoods. Would love just to be able to stop in say hey and grab a bite without having to do the AI thingy through Island Marketing. Any one know? JohnF maybe you can find out when you're there.

Thank you for your review of the Beach Club. Sounds great. We will be there in Oct. (Radiance of the Seas). Was there any entertainment or music during your day at the

club?? Looking forward to going back to Costa Maya. Again, thanks for your excellent review. John F

We had a fantastic experience at Nohoch Kay (or Nohoch Cay) in Costa Maya on 6/2/2010. We booked it online through Island Marketing, after reading some reviews.

We got off the Oasis of the Seas and took a bus ride to the taxi drop-off point. I recommend trying to get a taxi take you directly to Nohoch Kay if you can, as it is a bit of a walk (probably ~4-6 US blocks) in the hot sun from the drop-off point. This was the only part of the day that was somewhat challenging.

When we arrived at Nohoch Kay, Jaime the owner greeted us warmly and called us by name from our reservations. There were eight of us altogether, and he treated us like royalty. He immediately arranged seating in the shaded area of the restaurant with a nice ocean breeze, brought us drinks, and set up the ladies in a shaded palapa on the beach. He arranged a table for the kids and let us know that we could do whatever we wanted for the day.

For the rest of the afternoon, he brought us round after round of great drinks: caiparinhas, palomas, margaritas, frozen fruity drinks, mexican beers, sodas and virgin frozen drinks for the kids, anything you wanted. Everything was freshly made and delicious. We never had to ask or wait for anything; he and his staff were friendly and always right there to take care of us. Jaime is a wonderful host who really knows how to take care of people and make them feel at home. He spent considerable time sitting with us at our table, talking about his place and the pride he takes in making people happy.

And the food was awesome! A HUGE plate of nachos for the kids, tacos, quesadillas, phenomenal fresh ceviche, and the best fish tacos I've ever had. While we were there Jaime was hosting a table of crew members fom the Oasis who ranted and raved about Jaime's food and hospitality. You know you're in the right place when the crew hangs out there!

The kids enjoyed the kayaks, swimming and snorkeling in the shallow water. Jaime set them up with life vests and whatever they needed. We didn't lift a finger.

At the end of the day, we were getting a little concerned about making it back to the ship on time. Jaime took care of us, watching the time for us, and calling us cabs to pick us up about ten feet from where we were sitting in the shaded restaurant. He then pulled out the good tequila :D and insisted that we join him in a toast to a wonderful day.

I can't recommend Nohoch Kay enough. It was the highlight of our cruise, and that is a lot to say because the Oasis is a floating dream.

Book it, go there, you'll love it! :):):):)

Can you tell me what the beach was like and the cost?

Barb

This is the same Jaime that used to have a place in Playa del Carmen. He said it got too crowded over there, so he's enjoying the relative peace and calm in Costa Maya.

The day we were there, there were several people there who just dropped in without reservations from Island Marketing. There were a few folks who were staying locally who dropped by, plus the Oasis crew members who were just there for lunch. Jaime certainly takes drop ins. The only issue might be that he only has space for a limited number of people, and I think he gives preference to those that reserved the all-inclusive deal. He wasn't booked solid the day we were there but I'm sure that will change.

The beach was very nice. There were palapas for shade and a great view of the blue-green water and the reef. The water is pretty shallow though until you get out to the reef, so not the best if you want to snorkel. The water gets kind of rough on the reef as well, but I think it's pretty much this way all the way along the Mahahual coastline. Great for kids to play in and grown ups to cool off though.

There was no entertainment to speak of at Nohoch Kay, maybe some background music but that's about it. To me, that was perfect, as you could really enjoy the peaceful ocean breeze and the friendly atmosphere. I guess that's just my preference. There were other places along the beach that seemed to be more animated if that's what you're looking for.

Hope I've answered everyone's questions. If not, let me know!

Sorry, forgot to mention cost.

It was $40 for adults and $20 for kids. A great deal if you ask me!

Was the taxi included, or was it extra? How long did it take to get from the ship to the resort? And lastly, were there kayaks or floaties to use while there?

Sounds like a great place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Where do i begin......The best money we have ever spent on a excursion..... The staff is amazing, the service is spectacular...and the food was out of control.......We were there in August and it was our last port, I wish we could have been there all week. Jaime the owner is the nicest person I have met in a long time. Jeff our server was unbelievable. Tracy the massage therapist is amazing, well worth evey penny...they are located away from all the big busy clubs, the beach is nice water is waist deep with grassy and sandy bottom areas. I will definitley being going back to Costa Maya just to visit my new friends at Nohoch Kay.....Just tell them the Huero from Miami sent you.....

do you remember if it was option 1 or 2 on the site?

I just received a confirmation email when I booked this and the subject line says:

"Costa Maya ALL INCLUSIVE Beach Break at Nohoch Kay CONFIRMED RESERVATION"

some of the details are as follows:

EXCURSION INFORMATION: ALL DAY OPEN BAR (DOMESTIC BRANDS), LUNCH, LOUNGE CHAIRS AND UMBRELLAS / PALAPAS

Payment Information:

Adults: 2 $80.00

Children 17yrs to 7yrs: 0 $0.00

Children 6 yrs and under: 2 $0.00

Total: $80.00

Deposit (Billed by Island Marketing ltd (Cayman): $20.00

Total due at time of Excursion: $60.00

Please no Credit Cards, Cash/Travelers Checks ONLY

Please Note:

The balance owed at time of excursion is shown above, the balance must be paid at time of excursion to the Tour Operator. In the case of a group reservation total Balance must be paid in one lump sum, separate per person payments are not accepted. Refunds due to Operators cancellations other than inclement weather cancellations or Ships not calling Port will be refunded by the Tour Provider at time of Tour.

Archived