Who's the best Carnival cruise director?

gslargent

Hennie was our cruise director on the Fantasy a few weeks ago (when we booked, it was supposed to be John Heald, but John apparently let Hennie take the reigns a week early- the week of our cruise). He's a full fledged cruise director now, I guess, but I still found his sign off "I said bye bye" message very annoying.

I really liked Brent Mitchell, the cruise director from my cruise last year on the Destiny. No stupid sign off message, and he was a very down to earth, nice guy. Always saw him around the ship.

Henni was our CD on the June 5th sailing of the Fantasy this summer. I could have done without his "I said bye bye" ......I found it irritating to say the least. However, in our group of 13, the younger people (17-25) loved saying his "bye bye" with him!! I kept my opinion to myself so as to not seem like a buzz kill! :cool:

All of us (we always have a big group cuz we always cruise with our best friends) LOVED Jorge when we sailed the Elation several years ago! I would love to book a cruise with him. He was histerical!!

We just spoke to Ryan Fitzgerald on the Freedom and he said he would be the CD on the Freedom until 2012.

Although they do take short breaks, even if they stay on the same ship, because they can't work over 10 months on one ship.

John Heald is the best, close second would be Chris Jefferson and Chris Roberts (No longer with Carnival).

Worst is Wee Jimmy and Todd Wittmer!!!

Just goes to show how subjective this topic is. Todd and Wee Jimmy are IMHO great Cruise Directors. Jimmy in particular is just so personable.

Going on the Dream in a few weeks and it looks like we got Todd Wittner. Is he any good? Who's the best CD in the Carnival bunch in your opinion? And what do you think makes a good one?

My ideal CD would have total laryngitis for the week I'm cruising.

i liked kirk a lot, too! But i think you're the only one to mention him yet - and he doesn't get talked about a bunch like some of the others... I liked the simple fact that he was down to earth, and related to and changed his bit based on the audience, etc. Not just a bunch of pre-planned jokes, etc.

Jorge was pretty good, too... But he's definitely more along the lines of those with a 'bit'... He's funny, but i guess i don't think he's as funny as a lot of others seem to... To each their own...

agreed 110%:d

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back off the Liberty and Todd Wittner was our CD and I thought he was really good. He was funny, friendly and a good host. I did talk to him for a minute after the Legends show. I told him he reminds me of Pat Sajak. :)

We were on the Carnival Conquest a few years ago when Malcolm (Woohoo) Burns was first filling in as a CD and my whole family loved him. I'm happy to see that he has his own ship now.

Considering that they have to put up with "US" for the entire cruise (LOL) .... I think CDs do a wonderful job.

Some better than others....talented in different ways....

There is only one that will not be sad to see go......(hopefully SOON)...

Only been on one cruise with CD Chris Jefferson. I thought he did an amazing job, had wondered if any other CD would ever be as good. Thanks to this thread, I am anxiously waiting to see who our next CD will be on our next cruise, sounds like there are some real good ones out there.

p.s. My opinion might be a little bias, as I think I was in love with Chris' accent.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a way to know who your cruise director is going to be for a future cruise?

If you go to John Heald's blog (not sure if I can post the link but you can search for it), he posts the schedule. Right now he just has through December but I'm sure he'll do another one soon.

Weeee Jimmy on the Legend!

Loved Weee Jimmy...He kept us laughing and was very friendly.

My other fave was Matt on the Inspiration...not sure where he is now...I didn't see his name on the CD list for 2010-11...anybody know?

He was friendly, funny, and handsome ;) :D

Archived