First timer b2b information only!!!!!!

I have cruised 3 times in the past but now I am looking at possibly doing my first back to back cruise and I perfer to stay with either royal carribean or carnival. although royal is a much better experience for me and my 2 teenagers lol. but i dont know anything about a back to back. any and all information about a back to back,,,,,,,,,, like how to figure pricing or the best way to do it ,,,,,,,,like should i go through travel agency or ,,,,,,,,,,,stay with the crusie line directly?,,,,,,,,,,, is there a certain way this all has to be done? and price there is a BIG one............ What is the cheapest way to do and still be able to stay in the same room........... Is all cruise lines the same when is comes to back to back cruises?............ I just need as much information as possible!........ any and all help would be greatly appreciated at this point! thanks all in advance!:D

You basically book two cruises and ask for the same cabin. Book them as you would any other cruise, with whomever you normally book with. There is no price break, but if you're thinking of cruising after 5/1/11, and you book during this month of June, you'll get an onboard credit for BOTH cruises.

Have the cruises linked together, and when you check in online at rccl.com, be sure to select "consecutive" as your departure choice on the first cruise.

I find the cheapest way to do b2b cruises, and the most interesting, is a repositioning cruise. Select the cruise either just before or just after the repositioning. These cruises are cheaper because they aren't part of the normal itinerary, and they usually have more sea days.

You basically book two cruises and ask for the same cabin. Book them as you would any other cruise, with whomever you normally book with. There is no price break, but if you're thinking of cruising after 5/1/11, and you book during this month of June, you'll get an onboard credit for BOTH cruises.

Have the cruises linked together, and when you check in online at rccl.com, be sure to select "consecutive" as your departure choice on the first cruise.

I find the cheapest way to do b2b cruises, and the most interesting, is a repositioning cruise. Select the cruise either just before or just after the repositioning. These cruises are cheaper because they aren't part of the normal itinerary, and they usually have more sea days.

I am not sure if a repositioning cruise is within my means because I only have 2 options for cruise ports to go out of that are close enough for me and that is either norfolk virginia or port canaveral florida.

If you can do Thanksgiving, try the Freedom out of Port Canaveral for 7 nights, then they have a short Labadee cruise after that.

The way you start is pick your month and departure port, and then sort the results by duration. You can then match up shorter with longer (different itineraries).

If you can do Thanksgiving, try the Freedom out of Port Canaveral for 7 nights, then they have a short Labadee cruise after that.

The way you start is pick your month and departure port, and then sort the results by duration. You can then match up shorter with longer (different itineraries).

Ok so really I guess since SHIP is more important than is where we go I just need to figure out duration and time and of year and then I need to figure out what ship i want now that MARINER left me to go to los angeles. ohhhhhh that makes me so sad i loved that ship but anyhow that has helped so far.

Archived