Noordam Roman Empires Cruise - Aug.19-29/10

oshawa

I have been checking to see if there are any cruisers who are going on this cruise. I have seen no info on any of the cruise sites so just wondering if we are travelling alone??

There does not appear to be a roll call for this cruise as of yet.

Actually there is a fairly active roll call that includes the Aug 19-29 cruise with the option to do it as a 20 day (Aug 19-Sept 8). There are several on that roll call who are only doing the 10 day portion. They are arranging excursions for anyone, regardless of 10 day or 20 day. Note there is also another roll call for those that are sailing on Aug 12, and including your cruise as a 17 day- Aug 12-29.

The Aug 19-Sept 8 roll call is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1136471

Every roll call is different. Some are extremely active- I have seen group excursions and ground transport for as many as 80 being arranged thru the roll call. Others are quieter. I wouldn't rate this one as quiet, just not overly active.

If you look at some of the other Noordam roll calls for that time frame, you will see that HAL is selling a large number of possible back-2-backs or other combos. 12 day, 17 day, 20 day. This has caused a lot of overlap in the people who are traveling, which may have made the roll calls much more complex.

Oshawa,

I agree with CruiserBruce that every roll call is different. I think the overlapping itineraries on the Noordam are wonderful, but I have noticed that the roll calls for each segment have a small number of people posting.

We will disembark on August 19, the same day you will be embarking.

Below is a list of the overlapping itineraries.

July 26 – Aug 12 = 17 day Mediterranean Medley

July 26 – Aug 2 = 7 day Mediterranean Glamour

Aug 2 – Aug 12 = 10 Mediterranean Allure

Aug 2 – Aug 19 = 17 day Mediterranean Mosaic

Aug 12 – Aug 19 = 7 day Riviera Romance

Aug 12 – Aug 29 = 17 day Mediterranean Explorer

I have been visiting the roll calls for all of these and have found some folks on other segments who will be sharing some independent tours with us.

Keep posting on your roll call and hopefully as the date gets closer you will have more activity.

I have noticed that the activity on HAL roll calls has been much quieter than my experience on the Princess roll calls.

Happy cruising to you!

Archived