Bringing Wine on Board

caribbean52010

I thought I read somewhere that you could pack two bottles of wine and bring aboard the Celebrity ships. Is this true? I would like to bring a couple of my favorites.

If you can bring them, will they allow you to drink them in the dining room? Is there a corkage fee?

I thought I read somewhere that you could pack two bottles of wine and bring aboard the Celebrity ships. Is this true? I would like to bring a couple of my favorites.

If you can bring them, will they allow you to drink them in the dining room? Is there a corkage fee?

Yes, you are allowed to bring two bottles (at the port of embarkation only). If you drink them in the dining room or bars there is a $25.00 corkage fee per bottle. Since there is no size limit to the bottles it's best to buy the largest ones you can. The sommelier will store and retrieve your wine each day until it's finished (best if you have traditional dining & same wait staff each day). You will save good $$ over buying off the wine list if you bring large bottles. There's no corkage fee if you consume it in your stateroom.

Get your steward to empty your fridge to make room for your bottles of wine. We loved sitting on the balcony and enjoying a glass of wine before we went down to dinner. ;)

You can also bring on soft drinks and water.

Got it - thanks - it is interesting that Celebrity limits the allowable alcohol to just one type. I guess the mark up on non-wine is greater, altho' this argument may not apply to beer :)

No need to bring a corkscrew. We called our room steward and they brought one as well as wine glasses right away. Enjoy your cruise! :)

It's so nice to have a glass of wine on the veranda before dinner.

Is it 2 bottles per person? or 2 bottles per stateroom?

And are you allowed an additional 2 bottles when returning to the ship at the various ports we visit?

2 bottles per stateroom and only at original embarkation.

Not supposed to; wine only. You could try but you may have it confiscated and returned to you the last night. . .

On our last cruise in May, for the first time ever that I have seen, there were very large signs on plywood stating that any alcohol found in luggage or carry ons would be confiscated and would be destroyed. The sign stated quite clearly that it would not be returned! It stated it two different ways. There was more than one sign.

On our last cruise in May, for the first time ever that I have seen, there were very large signs on plywood stating that any alcohol found in luggage or carry ons would be confiscated and would be destroyed. The sign stated quite clearly that it would not be returned! It stated it two different ways. There was more than one sign.

Not sure if your are referring to embarkation or visits at ports, however according to the X website, upon embarkation (per Guest Conduct Policy): "On Celebrity Cruises, with the exception of embarkation day, when Guests are permitted to bring on board with them two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee), per stateroom, guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or any other purpose. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops or in ports of call (which must be presented to security upon re-boarding), will be secured by ship's personnel and delivered to the guest’s stateroom just prior to the conclusion of the cruise." I'm not aware that a corkage fee has ever really been imposed according to the boards I've read- unless you bring it to the MDR perhaps... just my two cents worth. DH and I do plan to bring on our own wine. Perhaps the sign was referring to anything that wasn't wine.

Archived