Are shorts and jeans really the norm in the dining room?

gslargent

HA! NO! I know where to find it. I have been on it before but this time, somehow the site redirected me to this board.

Just making sure. I wouldn't want you to pass information for another cruiseline along to an unsuspecting NCL cruiser next. I mean, what with the board randomly deciding to redirect people to links they didn't click on ...

Just making sure. I wouldn't want you to pass information for another cruiseline along to an unsuspecting NCL cruiser next. I mean, what with the board randomly deciding to redirect people to links they didn't click on ...

I don't know. But I do know that I clicked on the RCCL link.:)

SNORT! There went the Starbuck's tea!

Incorrect. You never specified Royal Caribbean. You are are on a Carnival board, discussing Carnival cruises. When it's been pointed out to you repeatedly that we are not discussing other cruiselines, you persist in your misinformation.

Go re-read post #35.

Even after it had been pointed out, repeatedly, that we were discussing Carnival's dresscode? And Carnival's dresscode was quoted? And linked to? And you're posting on a Carnival board? Please. Stop.

I've been reading and comprehending your posts quite well. You posted bad information, and rather than apologize for it, you persist in posting more bad information and then crying foul. Just stop. Please.

Sweetheart, I'm being positively patient with you.

Please point out where I said none of the dining rooms were nice.

No, that's a proven fact. Most Americans cannot sit through a 2 hour meal, much less a 3 and a half hour dining experience. Just like most Americans do not know the differnence between prime aged beef and choice.

Hardly. If I did, I would have said something to the effect of "Unlike I, who has actually experienced 5 star dining at some of the finest restaurants in the US and know the difference between Kobe and Wagu beef," which I didn't. I think you need to stop backpedaling and just let it go. It's okay to be wrong. It happens to all of us.

In post #35 i said you could go to the Windjammer. Which is on RCCL cruise ships only!!!

In post #35 i said you could go to the Windjammer. Which is on RCCL cruise ships only!!!

#129 posts later, it really is moot.

If its just a mistake, take your info and head on over to the RCCL boards..simple as that!

I'm not going to debate that with you, Embug. Just going to point out that someone not familiar with RCCL - say someone who's only cruised CCL and posting on the CCL forum - wouldn't know that.

I thought you were going to the RCCL board. Or are you just so attached to us you're rather continue beating this thread to death?

Hey LemurCat..

as much as I LOVE your post...

it's time to give Embug97 a break and let her get off the Carnival chat board and move on to RCL... she said the reason she is still here is because we are debating her..

shoot.. if I were embug97, I would have tucked my tail between my legs

and ran off a long time ago... since she was soooo wrong..

because the way it looks, she will not understand where we are all coming from. the more we tell her that she was wrong, the more she wants to fuss about it...

Hey LemurCat..

as much as I LOVE your post...

it's time to give Embug97 a break and let her get off the Carnival chat board and move on to RCL... she said the reason she is still here is because we are debating her..

shoot.. if I were embug97, I would have tucked my tail between my legs

and ran off a long time ago... since she was soooo wrong..

because the way it looks, she will not understand where we are all coming from. the more we tell her that she was wrong, the more she wants to fuss about it...

I think you're right, Green Boy. This stopped being about shorts in the MDR and about who is right.

In short (bad pun), shorts are okay in CCL's Main Dining Rooms as long as they are dressy and not mesh. Go forth, eat, be merry, and do it wearing nice shorts or pants.

Reading the back and forth here reminds me of having a conversation with my very hard of hearing father who won't wear a hearing aid and then gets mad because he misheard what was said to him.

It's funnier when I'm not one of the participants.

I'm wearing sundresses and capris to dinner on non-elegant nights, not at the same time. I just find them more comfortable than shorts.

This has given me a good laugh for the day. I am going to have to explain to my mom and Grandma why I am wearing shorts in the dining room on the cruise. I will printing this out and carrying it with me to dinner. Of course I will have a big smile on my face as they read it really is allowed.

It is on CCL, which is the line in question. It is also acceptable on NCL.

You can usually find out with a modicum of research.

I've eaten at 4 and 5 star restaurants. None of them have a waiter parade to Buster Poindexter's "Hot, Hot, Hot" that invites the diners to join in. All of them served much better food and offered better service. The closest CCL comes to a 5 star experience is their Chef's Table program, which seems to be very close to ordering a tasting menu at a 4 or 5 star restaurant. But, the MDR is not a 4 or 5 star experience. Most Americans do not know what a 4 or 5 star experience as they have neither the pallete nor the patience to sit through one.

...interesting...

La bella vita con dignità

Shorts are now permitted on non-formal nights. I wish I had known this as I totally over packed!

I haven't been on a cruise since 2007, but will be going on my 8th Carnival cruise in two weeks on the Dream (once with RCL in 2006). Has the dress code been relaxed on non-formal nights? I remember wearing slacks/khaki pants and a polo/golf shirt in the past. But now I see that Carnival's web site states "Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts".

Do a lot of people wear jeans or shorts in the main dining room? I'm trying to pack light and wearing shorts to dinner would save me packing space and prevent the trip back to the room after dinner to change.

My wife's and my suitcases are packed for our cruise July 2nd on the Freedom. Guess what we are going to do. Yes, that's right, repack. We will cut down one suitcase to pack on Delta and save $25.00 each way. If we are lucky we might get down to two carry-ons and save another $25.00 each way.

Archived