Moving us to a different cabin...

jenmac711us

We are booked in two ocean view suites that have connecting balconies that we can open. We booked these because we will have two young children and want to be able to put them to sleep in one room and have the other room to sit in in the evenings. We were given permission to book the cabins even though they were quad cabins. We canceled a cruise on RC and book with carnival because they had this option. Well then I read that they could move you involuntarily if they needed that quad cabin. I called just now to say that no one told me that when we booked and if they did that we would be pretty upset. The lady at carnival assured me that they don't move suite guests but I'm not sure I believe her. Any insight?

May I ask you why you didn't get connecting cabins with 2 young children? I was on a cruise last year where the balcony dividers were not permitted to be open until the 3rd day of the cruise due to Captains orders. Anyway are you in a suite or in a regular balcony and what difference would it make if they needed the quad?

It seems that so many people give different information that I wouldn't know who to believe.

We didn't get connecting cabins because they didn't have any suites or balconies that connected that were available. If it happened that we couldn't open the balconies we would at least be right next to each other. I know that this isn't life or death...just wondering.

My fiance and I had our eyes on a great balcony cabin, mid-ship with one of those larger balcony areas for the regular balcony price. We asked our PVP if it was available and to our surprise it was, however he informed us it was a cabin designed for more than two, so if we chose to accept it we could face possibly being moved. We ultimately decided against it and went with a cabin designed for 2, regular balcony but a mid-ship area. We did not want to take the chance to be moved who-knows-where.

I wish you all the best of luck. :)

We are booked in two ocean view suites that have connecting balconies that we can open. We booked these because we will have two young children and want to be able to put them to sleep in one room and have the other room to sit in in the evenings. We were given permission to book the cabins even though they were quad cabins. We canceled a cruise on RC and book with carnival because they had this option. Well then I read that they could move you involuntarily if they needed that quad cabin. I called just now to say that no one told me that when we booked and if they did that we would be pretty upset. The lady at carnival assured me that they don't move suite guests but I'm not sure I believe her. Any insight?

The cruise contract gives them the right to do so for any "underbooked" cabin in any Category; having said that, we very seldom see posts where someone was actually moved involuntarily.

ken

We had an involuntary move a few years ago but it got resolved. We were booked in connecting cabins (triple-triple) even though we were only 5 people. Carnival moved two of us down the hall cause we needed the triple. We complained when we found out via the website. It went on and on but finally Carnival told me that would give me back my original rooms. They also told me that I should have been contacted before the move. It was solved so don't worry. I doubt it will happen but if it does don't worry they will fix it. You have young children and they will work with you.

The cruise contract gives them the right to do so for any "underbooked" cabin in any Category; having said that, we very seldom see posts where someone was actually moved involuntarily.

ken

we were moved without being asked. when we got to the check in they told us we were upgraded. outside to a balony. we had selected a particular cabin for a reason it was the first time we had done so and were disappointed. we just wanted this particular cabin. they said they checked with a ta not so i was on the phone with him as we spoke. they had booked the other couple and us in the same cabin computer error and said we were given an upgrade. yes and no because the cabin we had selected was one of the rare cabins with two windows

bia

we were moved without being asked. when we got to the check in they told us we were upgraded. outside to a balony. we had selected a particular cabin for a reason it was the first time we had done so and were disappointed. we just wanted this particular cabin. they said they checked with a ta not so i was on the phone with him as we spoke. they had booked the other couple and us in the same cabin computer error and said we were given an upgrade. yes and no because the cabin we had selected was one of the rare cabins with two windows

bia

Wow, what size font is that!

The lady at Carnival is correct. Suites are not subject to the occupancy spoilage restrictions of Cat 4 Inside, Cat 6 Oceanview or Cat 8/9 Balconies. You will not be moved if you are in a OS, OV, OB, GS or CS suite.

this post is so funny to me, you guys go back and reread the first post.

put the kids in one room so we can have the other room to sit in in the evenings.

never heard it called sitting in the evening before.LOL

with the kids asleep why can't you just sit in there room in the evenings?

I don't think it would bother them.

I would not leave children in their own cabin overnight with just a balcony connection. Lots of crew have key access to that cabin. And i wouldn't want my child looking for me in the middle of the night out on a ship's balcony. Connecting staterooms makes more sense to me. Good luck to them.

My fiance and I had our eyes on a great balcony cabin, mid-ship with one of those larger balcony areas for the regular balcony price. We asked our PVP if it was available and to our surprise it was, however he informed us it was a cabin designed for more than two, so if we chose to accept it we could face possibly being moved. We ultimately decided against it and went with a cabin designed for 2, regular balcony but a mid-ship area. We did not want to take the chance to be moved who-knows-where.

I wish you all the best of luck. :)

What type of cabin are you speaking of that has the larger balcony area for a regular balcony price?

Thanks to those who answered my question! I do feel better about it now. We would never leave them overnight! I will leave both balcony doors open and sit in the other cabin if we want to watch tv or talk. We can lock the door from the inside so that no crew members can go in there. In addition we will put our baby monitor in there so that we can hear them if there were to wake up. When it comes time to sleep I will be sleeping in there with them. I guess I am not sure what is funny about wanting to have somewhere to sit instead of having to be quiet and sit in dim light while they sleep. I would have taken connecting suites if they had them but they were not an option. Again, thank you to those who answered my question.

this post is so funny to me, you guys go back and reread the first post.

put the kids in one room so we can have the other room to sit in in the evenings.

never heard it called sitting in the evening before.LOL

with the kids asleep why can't you just sit in there room in the evenings?

I don't think it would bother them.

Not sure what's funny about it. Young kids go to bed much earlier than than some adults. What's wrong with Mom wanting to do something other than sit in the dark and stare at the wall?

For the OP -

Depending on how you booked the rooms depends whether Carnival can/will move you.

If you put the kids only in one room and the adults only in the other, then you should be safe! By booking this way, it makes it very difficult for Carnival to just move you, because they now have to find two rooms side-by-side of equal or greater value.

I would not say you are 100% safe, but they will have to do some fancy moving to get you and the kids side-by-side again. They will most likely upgrade you if they really need those cabins.

Not sure what's funny about it. Young kids go to bed much earlier than than some adults. What's wrong with Mom wanting to do something other than sit in the dark and stare at the wall?

That poster was making a dumb sexual reference. He doesn't believe that the OP wants to use the second room for "sitting" in.

What type of cabin are you speaking of that has the larger balcony area for a regular balcony price?

There are a few ob balcony cabins that sit sideways and actually have a larger deck. There are also a few extended balcony cabins that have and extra extended balcony. There are only a few and from what I have read and heard, they do go fast. These are on the Spirit class ships.

That poster was making a dumb sexual reference. He doesn't believe that the OP wants to use the second room for "sitting" in.

It has little to NOTHING to do with this conversation, but if they are using that room for extracurricular activities in addition to sitting and enjoying the evening, then good for them! Nothing wrong with taking some grown up time. ;)

OP...have a great time, and I am sure it will be just fine and you will be able to keep the rooms to which you are currently assigned.

There are a few ob balcony cabins that sit sideways and actually have a larger deck. There are also a few extended balcony cabins that have and extra extended balcony. There are only a few and from what I have read and heard, they do go fast. These are on the Spirit class ships.

Ah..yes, the Spirit class. I've yet to sail on one, but will keep this in mind when I finally do book on that class. Thanks!

I was told the typical reason to move someone is the handicapped cabin issue. We are booked for a handicapped room and the travel agent noted that carnival will move us if they need the room for a handicapped person (which seems fine and I certainly have no objection to giving up a cabin for someone who is handicapped--assuming they are indeed handicapped)

Are you sure you can lock the door from the inside so no staff may enter? I also assumed this but have read comments about staff entering locked rooms while guest are inside.

Maybe it depends on the ship? I'm interested in Destiny if anyone knows more regarding the door locks. A pic of the inside lock would ber great.

Thanks to those who answered my question! I do feel better about it now. We would never leave them overnight! I will leave both balcony doors open and sit in the other cabin if we want to watch tv or talk. We can lock the door from the inside so that no crew members can go in there. In addition we will put our baby monitor in there so that we can hear them if there were to wake up. When it comes time to sleep I will be sleeping in there with them. I guess I am not sure what is funny about wanting to have somewhere to sit instead of having to be quiet and sit in dim light while they sleep. I would have taken connecting suites if they had them but they were not an option. Again, thank you to those who answered my question.

I got what you were saying! you want to put the children to bed and have the other cabin to socialize with your friends in. Nothing wrong with that-sitting on the balcony you have access to your cabin and can have fun with your friends at the same time.

Archived