Royal Caribbean Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

Ship - Independence of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1560

Stateroom Category – Grand Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – The balcony was fantastic. Only very slightly (and I mean very) over shadowed by cantilevered whirlpool above but this does not obstruct view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Slightly larger on one half due to bowed out balconies under whirlpool

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Considering refurb last year, a few broken draws that don't close etc.

Any other comments? - Good location with very slightly bigger balcony. Half of the balcony is reflective glass, the other half isn't.

Ship -Allure of the Seas

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9196

Stateroom Category –D1

Starboard or Port Side -Mid ship

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Room very quiet

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. Full view left and right

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Mid ship, so it was a bit oversized due to the bump out.

Was wind a problem? -No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? -No

Any other comments? -

Ship - Enchantment of the Seas

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8172

Stateroom Category – Junior Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes. Since at end of ship no traffic at all

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – The aft balcony was fantastic. Great views. No one can see into your balcony

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized. 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a small table. Plenty of room for 4+ people.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Bathtub leaked into floor of room on day 2, making carpet wet and smelling up room. Was shampooed same day which helped. Toilet broke day 3 and flooded bathroom. Was fixed within 10 minutes after reporting it and bathroom sanitized.

Any other comments? - Other than bathroom issues this cabin was very nice. Plenty of storage and the large, private balcony made up for any issues. It's at the end of the hall but the walk from the stairs never bothered us.

Ship - Freedom of the Seas

Deck - 8

Stateroom # -8246

Stateroom Category – D2

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –yes, even though near the elevators

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -NO

Balcony View - Unobstructed view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? -Not on the balcony

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -We loved being near the elevator, however I didn't like having a cabin near the front of the ship. It seems we always had to hike the ship to get to the MDR, Pool, Guest Services, etc. The only thing convenient for us was the theatre...but then after every show, we had to go to dinner on the opposite end. That required us to go up to Deck 5...walk thru all people hitting the promenade sales....then go back down to Deck 3.

Any other comments? - The bed was near the balcony on the left. The cabin had a full-sized couch, not a loveseat and it seemed as the BR was a tiny bit bigger than a standard balcony cabin.

Ship - Adventure of the Seas

Deck - 7

Stateroom # -7242

Stateroom Category – E2

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –reasonably, even though near the elevators, we could hear people as they came back late at night, and you could really hear the shows/parades in the RP

Balcony View - Unobstructed view

Was wind a problem? -Not on the balcony

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -We loved being near the lifts, however I didn't like having a cabin near the front of the ship. It seems we always had to walk the entire length of the ship to get to the MDR, WindJammer, etc. The only thing convenient for us was the theatre, Schooner Bar and Café Promenade.

Any other comments? - The bed was near the balcony on the left. The cabin had a small sofa.

Ship - OASIS

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11325

Stateroom Category – Boardwalk view balcony

Starboard or Port Side - PORT AFT (3rd to last)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Late night, no noise, during the day the music from the shows could be heard. With door latched to lock position, it was muffled. It was always pleasant noise, and did not bother us at all.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - NO

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent. Could see aqua show from balcony, and late afternoon movies. Across from you is a whole set of balconies, so not private by any means.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? - not at all

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - no

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no

Any other comments? - would book this one again in a heartbeat. The "private balcony" just 3 doors down was awesome. Especially as we backed into Falmouth

Ship - Navigator of the Seas

Deck - 6

Stateroom # - 6566

Stateroom Category – E2

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Normally quiet at night, however, it is directly across from a crew elevator and some stateroom attendant utility rooms so daytime naps can be hit or miss. The crew elevator was EXTREMELY noisy on the last night due to luggage preparation. The luggage guys were having a full on laugh-fest right outside our door and my wife actually had to get up to tell them to quiet down (I sleep through almost anything so it didn't bother me)

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. Balconies can be opened to adjoin with others if you desire.

Was wind a problem? - Only wind issue was around the door seal and it was only for a few hours during the day when transiting through a storm.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? -

I love this sticky/thread! And the pictures make it even better.

For myself, I would like to have some more updated Navigator (post-drydock) cabin information. Especially for the aft corner rooms, Decks 7, 8, & 9. I'll be glad to post some from our cruise but it's not for another year, yet.

To those of you fortunate enough to be sailing on the Navigator in 2014, please share your cabin info on this thread....pretty please? And thanks!

Ship - Legend

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8044

Stateroom Category – JS

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Technically not obstructed, but there was the window washer platform from the deck above blocking part of our view for two cruises!

Was wind a problem? -

Any other comments? - A few doors down from Royal Caribbean online. This was our first transatlantic, and a lot of pitch and roll during the crossing. Our dining room mates said this was the smallest ship they'd crossed the Atlantic, and the roughest crossing.

Ship - Navigator

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1314

Stateroom Category – Owner's Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – We heard noise everyday from deck 11 above. It sounded like a cart rolling and several times we could hear what sounded like a woman walking in high heels. Luckily, we brought a small fan to run when we were sleeping, so it really wasn't an issue for us.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Balcony was HUGE and very comfortable, with a table and two chairs plus two loungers. Fantastic views!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - HUGE!

Was wind a problem? - Never

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - Loved this cabin! Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

13142_zps9b0f5f4c.jpg

408_zpsc1149c71.jpg

13145_zpsaf61ef27.jpg

081_zps5924cb13.jpg

Ship -Enchantment of the Seas

Deck - 4

Stateroom # - 4011

Stateroom Category –

Starboard or Port Side - port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Was a quiet room except for on port days when the anchors were dropped. I was woken by what sounded like someone running up and down the hall with carts but found out that it was the lowering of the anchors. I am a light sleeper so it woke me but my husband was not bothered as bad.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -yes. My DS was in the room next door but we couldnt hear their tv or any other noise.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N?A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem? -

Any other comments? - It was a long walk to the forward of the ship. The room attendent Norbit was wonderful. He kept the room nice and kept the ice bucket filled every day. He also seen that we had brought wine with us and he brought in a nice(not plastic) wine bucket and real glasses and had it set up for us when we returned to our room without us even having to ask.[/font][/size]

Ship: Rhapsody of the Seas

Deck: 8

Stateroom: 8506

Category: GS

Starboard or Port: Starboard

Quiet: NO!! Directly under WJ. Carts (chairs?) being dragged across the floor above day and night for the entire cruise.

Connecting: Yes

Balcony View: Unobstructed and great. Floor to ceiling, entire cabin width glass giving a panoramic view.

Balcony Size: Long and narrow but enough room for 2 lounge chairs and 2 padded club chairs plus table.

Wind: Not an issue

Specific Problems: Stateroom was at point in hallway where the wall of the adjoining stateroom jutted out making a right angle in the hallway. This was used by staff to park cleaning carts, bags of laundry, etc. At least 50% of the time when we approached our door, we had carts and bags parked on both sides of our door...not a very attractive entrance to the GS.

General comment: In spite of the noise from above and the hallway clutter, we would book this stateroom again without hesitation. It was one of the nicest GSs we have had. It was very spacious, had ample storage, large bathroom, great view out of the room due to the entire glass wall/doors to the balcony. You need to decide what is important to you and book accordingly.

Ship - Enchantment of the Seas

Stateroom # - 8670

Balcony View - Perfect

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversize with two loungers, two chairs, table

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No

Any other comments? - Since this is an aft across back of ship, it is a bit of a walk to some venues. But well worth it in my opinion and I would not hesitate to book it again.

Ship - Enchantment

Deck - 8

Stateroom # 8638

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – NO! It is across from an area where ship personnel work on linens and trash. Hallway often noisy and blocked with dirty laundry and room-service dirty dishes/carts.

Balcony View - Unobstructed, but balcony rusty and moldy.

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Yes. Multiple plumbing problems, both shower (back-flowed two days in a row) and bowl often would not flush.

Any other comments? - This was my daughter's cabin and I felt terrible that I booked it for her. Avoid this cabin.

Ship - Grandeur

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7654

Stateroom Category – JS

Starboard or Port Side - AFT

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes for us. (I like a very quiet cabin) We could hear distant music sounds from the South Pacific Lounge. One night it was VERY loud but when we called to complain it was turned down within minutes!

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes balcony connection with 7656. It did rattle a lot . . . next time we brought Duck Tape! :D

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – NOT obstructed WONDERFUL view!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - BIG Aft balcony . . . Loved it!

Was wind a problem? - No wind problems

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No soot problems nor vibration.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - When the tub was used the first time the water backed up through the bathroom floor drain. Ran a tub of HOT water and cleaned it out! :p

Any other comments? - loved, Loved, LOVED this cabin. Would book it again any time! ;)

PHOTOS:

The first open deck from bottom of photo third from the right side.

Room 7654 from door looking toward balcony

room 7654 balcony - had two lounge chairs and two regular high-back chairs and a small table

1841577389_Curaao2b.jpg.2d406c6c9ddf27cf28639ce2e00d89ff.jpg

P1150587.jpg.2314fa7f9b31a04b3ca88cfd557df755.jpg

P1150594.jpg.3b157913aec4f5f837dd0fc3973cb085.jpg

Ship - Navigator

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9294

Stateroom Category – JS

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no obstructions, plenty of sun, 2 chairs , 1 table, 1 Chaise Lounge

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - would say normal.

Was wind a problem? - Not Really, only when we had storm

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No problems at all

Any other comments? - great room, nice size, seemed a little larger than other JS we have stayed in.

Nice sized walk in closet and the bath always a bonus.

More photos available

image.jpg.f1a13039ea2fc65c05570616cf08f144.jpg

Ship Independence of the Seas

Deck 10

Stateroom - 1230 forward

Stateroom category - D1

Starboard or Port - Starboard

Quiet stateroom - very quiet

Connecting stateroom - no

Balcony view not obstructed two chairs one table

Balcony size larger than normal because of it being at the very front of the ship it had a curved glass window

Was wind a problem - we had one very windy night and the wind whistled loudly through the doors, otherwise very quiet

Other comments - loved this cabin it was situated in a good place not far from the lifts and you could just walk up one level to the Windjammer. It was situated next to the captains quarters and whilst on the balcony you could see him controlling the ship. Being so far forward I was worried about motion sickness but I didn't have any problems.

The second picture shows the cabin which is the very top one.

ImageUploadedByForums1402868508.559122.jpg.4e53a34139dbc98d40ddf90b5bde82a1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1402868481.494697.jpg.ae81694318a1dd7588922d6ff877a1a4.jpg

Ship - explorer

Deck - 6

Stateroom # - 6500

Stateroom Category – family oceanview stateroom

Starboard or Port Side - forward

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – sort of. No people noises. Just tons of loud banging at all hours. Loud booming metallic bangs. I'm guessing engines. Not sure.

Balcony View - no balcony. View from room was of helicopter pad.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - na

Was wind a problem? - Na

Any specific problems with this cabin? - beat. Ripped carpets, broken light fixtures, every curtain totally broken and non functional. Bathroom flooded frequently even when non in use. Toilet reeked from day one of strong stale urine.

Any other comments? The size was good and suited our needs with our autistic daughter, but I've been in motel 8 rooms that were cleaner, better smelling, quieter, and in a far better state of repair.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship -Serenade of the Seas

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7676

Stateroom Category – Balcony (D2)

Starboard or Port Side - Aft Dead Center

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – This room was quiet most all of the time. A couple evening during our sailing, we heard music coming from Safari Club but it wasn't all that loud or thumping bass.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – The balcony had a great view, especially when we were in port and especially when we were sailing away from port.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Yes, this is a huge balcony!

Was wind a problem? -Not at all

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Not at all

Any specific problems with this cabin? -This was a great stateroom, everything in good working order.

Any other comments? - I would stay in this room again no questions asked!

Ship - JEWEL OF THE SEAS

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1058

Stateroom Category – Owner's Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – This was a great, huge balcony. Only complaint was the overhang prevented looking UP. Tough to see stars, sunset, etc. There was NO sun on the balcony.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Huge!

Was wind a problem? - No

Any other comments? - This was an amazing cabin. We enjoyed every minute of our "splurge"! The storage was unbelievable....TONS OF IT. Our stateroom attendant was the best ever! We loved the Concierge Lounge for evening drinks. Suite breakfast in Chops was wonderful. Would book it again in a heartbeat!

Ship - Enchantment

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7668

Stateroom Category – Junior Suite (JS)

Starboard or Port Side - Aft closer to port side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Spotlight lounge is below so you can hear loud music until late at night.

Balcony View - Great view, no obstructions.

Balcony Size - Aft balcony so a little longer than usual.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Yes, there were soot stains all over the floor and chairs. By day 3, there were soot pebbles all over the chairs and floor too.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The balcony door is blocked once sofa bed is open.

Ship - Enchantment

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7060

Stateroom Category – D1

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard (I think. on the left facing the front ;) )

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet!

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Amazing view - it kept changing ;) lifeboats directly below.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? - No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No, it was great.

Any other comments? -Good location mid-ship.

Ship -Navigator of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1268

Stateroom Category – Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, until on deck party with pounding bass, loud dj, cheering dancers raged until 2:30 am. Our suite must have been located in the perfect storm as family in 1274 and 1574 weren't disturbed by noise.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – fine

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Large, table and 2 chairs plus a lounger.

Was wind a problem? -no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -no

Any specific problems with this cabin? -bring your own notepaper and pen--no longer provided. No tote bag either.

Any other comments? -nicely appointed cabin with tons of storage space. Big bathroom. The only problem was one sleepless night due to noise.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Oasis of the Seas

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11-224

Stateroom Category – D5

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Extremely Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstruction, but there was a lifeboat that was there if you looked straight down. Not that we'd be able to see the side of the hull anyway, with the way the cabins overhang the waterline.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size, but we booked a group of 4 cabins in a row (11226 through 11220) and turned it into a massive balcony.

Was wind a problem? - Not at all. In fact, the lack of wind could have been problematic, as it compounded the feel of the July heat and humidity of the Caribbean.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Bed is located near the door rather than near the balcony. Gave the feeling of a smaller stateroom than what we saw of my brother and sister-in-law's in 11222.

Any other comments? - For it being a small room, the amount of useable space was eye opening. We had 2 large suitcases and a airline-sized carry-on that were all filled and was able to pack everything away easily, while storing luggage. The small shower actually felt larger when you were in it, and my wife appreciated the footrest for when she needed to shave legs. The sink was VERY low (I'm 6'0, and it was not exactly convenient for me) but there are work-arounds. (seriously, you can sit on the toilet while getting ready in the morning and the sink is in a very convenient position). The cabin is as midship as it gets (11222 and 11220 is the neighborhood break) so you're located between elevators, but this actually isn't a bad thing, because it really wasn't that long a walk to anywhere, as all distances were halved.