Kokomo91165

Royal Caribbean Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

Ship - Grandeur of the Seas

Deck - 2

Stateroom # - 2054

Stateroom Category – 2N

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No!  All night long it sounded like a large blender going off and on.  Also an inconsistent banging, my guess it was a crew door on deck 1.  

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The mattress was a rock.  Definitely needed a mattress topper.

Any other comments? - I would not stay on deck 2 again.  I much prefer the higher decks.  Stephen, our stateroom attendant, was top notch.

ship - Empress of the Seas

cabin - 7690

category - JS aft

was stateroom a connecting room? - no

quiet stateroom? - cabin is over back open deck of Boleros, I was concerned but the music from Boleros was very muffled so it didn't disturb me

problems? - slight sooting issue but forgiveable since balcony was wide enough for 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and a table. Plus you have the view of the wake!

7690 bathroom shelves.JPG

7690 bathroom sink.JPG

7690 chair and table.JPG

7690 loungers.JPG

7690 over wake.JPG

7690 from balcony door.JPG

7690 from corner.JPG

7690 from door.JPG

7690 under aft flag.JPG

7690 vanity.JPG

Ship -Harmony of the Seas

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12210

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – no issues 

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no issues, ocean view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? - no

Any other comments? - plenty of storage

Ship -  Harmony of the Seas

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14699

Stateroom Category – Boardwalk Balcony 

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? No.  This stateroom is below an area that is between the sports court and the ping pong tables.  I didn't notice much noise during the day, but in the very early morning (about 3:00 am) the crew washes that deck and banging of equipment or moving of tables can be heard.  Because this is a connecting stateroom, there is no privacy, even when having a normal conversation.  You had hear EVERYTHING next door!  You can also hear the activities on the Boardwalk, but that is very minimal.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Looking out over boardwalk and other balcony staterooms

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? - Not at all

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  Just the noise issues listed above

Any other comments? - The bed is near the balcony on this cabin; I saw that in 14701 (the connecting cabin) the bed is near the bathroom (just FYI)

Edited by psantho

Ship - Anthem of the Seas

Deck - 9

Stateroom # -688

Stateroom Category – 6D

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom?  – Yes, very quiet. 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes, it was connecting.  Our friends had the connecting stateroom so it was great to be able to have the doors open between us.

Balcony View  – Unobstructed view. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - slightly larger 

Was wind a problem? - no, being tucked back kept it from being at all windy.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? - Very nice cabin with ample storage.

Ship - Serenade of the Seas

Cabin Type- Accessible Oceanview 

Stateroom number - 3080

Connecting - No

D6872108-A034-450C-A14A-D79C8D2891EA.jpeg

D90405B5-BE80-4623-AF1C-4FCC0830295C.jpeg

Edited by Tee & Chilli

Ship - Anthem OTS

Deck - 6

Stateroom # - 6220

Stateroom Category – Obstructed Ocean View Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet stateroom. Did not notice noises from below or above. The room is above the Bionic Bar, but there was no extraneous noises.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –The room was an Obstructed Balcony, which I knew upon booking. The obstruction is the lifeboats on Deck 6, you do not have a straight down view of the ocean. The lifeboat is centered to the balcony and comes up to slightly below railing height. Overall, it is not a problem standing. Sitting, you struggle, but it wasnt an issue.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - Only during very high wind events. The balcony being set in and buffered some by the lifeboats made it not affected by the wind as much.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Minor. It is very tight with the sofa bed pulled out in the evenings. You either have to shimmy between it and the vanity (about 6 inches opening) or walk on the bed to get to the balcony. The sofa bed is also like sleeping on the floor. If you are sensitive to this, ask for a mattress pad. 

Any other comments? - Very nice room for the  money. Would not hesitate to book it again.

IMG_0415.HEIC

IMG_0478.HEIC

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

Edited by bowler15547
changed picture file format

Ship -  Allure of the Sea

Deck -8

Stateroom # -664

Stateroom Category –4D Ocean View Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) Very quiet room except for the neighbors who kept apologizing but keep banging the walls and slamming the doors....not a problem with the room at all, just bad neighbors. 

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –.  No obstructions looking in any direction. As is the norm on these large ships, starboard is the "action" side...always facing the port...good to watch the pier runners!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Balcony was the usual RCI, nice sized balcony.  Very roomy. There were 2 chairs and a fairly large table but could have fit even 2 more chairs if needed. 

Was wind a problem? - Not at all

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Not an aft cabin, no soot problem 

Any specific problems with this cabin? - There were not problems with the room, although it seemed smaller than the usual balcony room, maybe because the bed was next to the balcony and we prefer closer to the bathroom.  I had to use a wheelchair this trip and there was little space to store it when not in use.  The room was exceptionally clean and our room steward, Dharma was excellent.  Close to the elevators made it easy for me to get around.  There was no noise from the elevator area. Being that we were on deck 8 also made it convenient to get coffee in the am or snacks from Park Cafe.  All in all a slightly small, but very nice room. 

Ship - Allure of the Seas

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12250

Stateroom Category – 

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet 

Balcony View - Good view, but on the back end of a hump, and you could not see forward

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Slightly Oversized 

Was wind a problem? - None

Any specific problems with this cabin? - N/A

Bed near balcony. Easy access to the top decks, lots of stairs to the lower decks. 

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12249  (Not Directly across the hall from 12250, but about 10' away) 

Stateroom Category – Central Park Balcony 

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet 

Balcony View - Good view, but on the back end of a hump, and you could not see forward

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal 

Was wind a problem? - None

Any specific problems with this cabin? - N/A

Bed near balcony. Easy access to the top decks, lots of stairs to the lower decks. 

This balcony is 4 rooms from the end of the Central Park and overlooks the Rising Tide bar. One of the large ship supports runs along the left side of the balcony. The room is exactly like an Ocean Balcony but faces Central Park. Highly Recommend

IMG_20181204_185802696.jpg

IMG_20181204_185814362.jpg

Ship - Oasis of the Seas
Deck - 14
Stateroom # - 272
Stateroom Category – 5D

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes. I was initially concerned about being directly below the pool deck, but the area above us was always quiet. We never heard any noise from above when inside the stateroom.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes. We never heard our neighbors other than when they let their door slam shut which can happen in any room.

Balcony View - Looking straight out and straight down was fine. This cabin is located directly under a bump out on the pool deck which requires additional supports. One of these supports was directly next to our room so we could not look towards the back of the ship from our balcony. In addition, the bumpout above limited our view looking up. I would consider this cabin and those around it obstructed view, but Royal does not classify it this way. One positive about these obstructions is that we enjoyed shade on our balcony when those below us had full sun.

3593F3A1-884C-4B47-BB21-48619D18316C.thumb.jpeg.71bcc7624da72a47dcfb17a80e7f4490.jpeg

B8DF335D-D703-4A30-94E7-9697CFAC6A0D.thumb.jpeg.8159f36c8f563cc862ad04ea333aa31c.jpeg

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - no

Any specific problems with this cabin? - see comments above about view from balcony

Any other comments? - We were assigned this room on a balcony guarantee booking, which for the price we paid was still a great deal. However, if choosing and paying for an ocean balcony room I would not choose a room in this area due to the obstructed views caused by the supports in this part of the ship. The best part about this cabin was the close proximity to the stairs, the pool deck and Windjammer for early breakfast when they first open

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 562 & 564

Stateroom Category – 4D

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes. We booked these connecting staterooms so that our 2 children could be next door to us with easy access between the two rooms. We kept the door open most of the time and it was like having a suite, but with 2 bathrooms. When we did close the door, we did not hear our kids talking. We had our stateroom attendant open the divider on the balcony which was wonderful.

Balcony View - beautiful, no obstruction

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no

Any other comments? - We loved being on deck 8 with easy access to Central Park and the front staircase/elevators. We loved deck 8 so much we booked it again for our Symphony cruise.

Ship - Independence 

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 1100

Stateroom Category –panoramic  ocean view 

Quiet Stateroom? Incredibly. I don’t believe we had any actual joining walls next to us. So much privacy and not a single room beyond it. 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -no

View was just amazing. Room was bigger than I anticipated, except the bathroom, but that’s typical. Tons of shelving and closet space. 

Movement was pretty intense but I’m unsure if that was due to rough waters or the location of the room. 

Any other comments? - I would book this room again in a heartbeat. I definitely recommend it. 

4DF4E421-B23E-450C-8F7F-FBD071CD9C09.jpeg

246EDCBA-F4AD-4EA5-AEE8-B5AEB31C2A8E.jpeg

BC0F1F2A-83CF-4C03-9BAB-C7A122E09E52.jpeg