Royal Caribbean Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

Ship - Jewel OTS

Deck - 3

Stateroom # - 3084

Stateroom Category – OV GTY

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Surprisingly YES!!! (See comments)

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? - N/A

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Nope

Any other comments? - This cabin is right off of the main aft elevators and one level below the activities in the Centrum. Walking to our cabin when the cabins first opened up had us very worried it would be really loud in our room when we would be trying to fall asleep at night. The music was extremely loud in the hallway, but the second the door closed, nothing. Complete silence. We were shocked. Very rarely (maybe 3 times total) we heard a kid run down the hallway. If I remember correctly, the internet computers and a storage room are directly above the room, but we never heard anything from above. 

Loved being close to the stairs so we could walk to the MDR at night, or walk down to get off the ship and not have to wait for elevators. It took maybe a minute to walk from security to our room at the end of the port day. Quick walk up to the centrum bar or Latitudes to get a early/late drink or snack. It was also nice to walk down the 3rd floor hallway to avoid the crowds going to the Coral theater. Only had to use the elevator when going to the WJ or pool decks.

Ample storage for two young women. We took packing cubes to help with organization. Items on the walls were held up with magnetic hooks. 

674A0C90-D90C-483E-8523-2F4FBA4905E6.jpeg

DF2ADE7A-EC7C-47B6-8259-00FE91FF60D3.jpeg

Edited by KBYUCougar
Add more comments

Ship - Adventure of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1283

Stateroom Category – Interior (GTY assigned)

Starboard or Port Side -

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet.  On the hallway with many suites (balcony side) so much less foot traffic. 

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? -

Ship -  Independence of the Seas, sailing ex Southampton, 29 June 2019

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9708

Stateroom Category – 2 Bedroom GT suite

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet because aft. Also long walk to lifts and stairs

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - There is a connecting door to 9706

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Some obstruction from ship super structure. Does not get full sun but some shading.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized balcony

Was wind a problem? - No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - A little

Any specific problems with this cabin? - It is a bit tired and needs a refit. Fitted cabins rattle if there is a lot of vibration such as the ship docking. Put slips of card into hinge side of each door to reduce the rattle.

Master bedroom

image.thumb.png.28a7dd132278e718089d98e21dbaad3c.png

image.thumb.png.cebe2ad2214f5c9103839227515b1ddb.png

Master Bathroom

image.thumb.png.aa5246ce3bb231f2a116559f470cca0c.png

Second Bedroom (No windows) This also sleeps 4 with pullmans.

image.thumb.png.02c0b563e77686fb65e2d2fd0b5b24bf.png

Shower Room

image.thumb.png.52623624e91b1fd24b7e53a9033e885d.png

Balcony - only access from seated area balcony doors

image.thumb.png.3de965eea408d8034528df03b0ba9c74.png

The port hole is the window for the master bedroom

image.thumb.png.9211f28ab3528d6068c995584c5993da.png

Balcony Decking - a bit grubby, needs a power wash

image.thumb.png.055e2eb8929e62d1bacb682c48e56323.png

Any other comments? -

Ship - Vision

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8092

Stateroom Category – Junior Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet!

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No.

Balcony View - AMAZING views

Balcony Size? Very large, two loungers, two chairs and a larger table. Room for two MORE loungers if needed!

Was wind a problem? - No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Slight, no concern though. Small patches of soot here and there.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None. Just the noisy "apartment dweller types" next door.

Any other comments? - Would book this one again!

Roomy living area, comfortable bed, enjoyed having a bath tub!

jen.jpg

suite 8092.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Brilliance of the Seas

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7012

Stateroom Category – 2M (Spacious Ocean View)

Quiet Stateroom? – No. This stateroom is directly above the theater. During the day you can hear music from the performers practicing and during the evenings you hear the music from the production shows. Most of this is concluded by 10:00 pm however.

Also, the location of the anchor is just outside this room. On days when the ship is tendered, the sound of the anchor being dropped will most definitely wake you up.

There is very little noise from hallway traffic as the room is so far forward.

Balcony View - n/a

Balcony Size? n/a

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? - Room is bigger than the usual porthole/ocean view room. Space under bed for two large suitcases. Was able to put one small carry on up on top of the closet leaving plenty of room for a second carry on and several pairs of shoes on the bottom. Bed was fairly comfortable.

IMG_1225.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

IMG_1227.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

IMG_1229.JPG

IMG_1228.JPG

2 hours ago, MrsB05 said:

There used to be a way to search this thread so you could easily find ship/stateroom.  Am I missing something?

This site is not searchable however all of the data is transferred to a spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P02jhe9iw-mXyk3L9xhEJ_8lv_j4LHI6Qt0TMYy_WP8/edit?pli=1#gid=1581905725. Read the directions in the "Managing Data" tab and you can sort and filter the data any way you want.  E-mail me at RCIcabincomp@gmail.com if you need help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ship - Symphony of the Seas

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11528

Stateroom Category – Family Ocean View

Starboard or Port Side - Port/Forward (as far forward you can go on deck 11)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – This was a very quiet stateroom with minimal traffic because it was far forward.  No noise from above.  The only noise was when arriving or leaving port because the anchor is near by.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Two LARGE windows that have no obstruction.-

Any other comments? -  This cabin is VERY large for a family ocean view.  Sleeps 6 and you could easily add an additional roll away bed.  The best part is a WALK IN CLOSET, it was awesome to have this additional space.  I would book same room again!

Ship - Ovation of the Seas

Deck -11

Stateroom # - 244

Stateroom Category – 4C

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet. Bed was by the window which was a first for us. There was a light black out curtain which worked perfectly.  Most days we would open the curtain and watch us pull into port while still in bed.  Loved this room setup.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No, but we had 3 rooms side by side (244, 246, 248) so we had the cabin steward open the separators so we could go between cabins. 

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions at all.  Perfect view!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Balcony was larger than normal.

Was wind a problem? - No wind problem.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Mid ship.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No issues and

Any other comments? - Cabin steward was WONDERFUL (Kakak sp?)

• 2 weeks later...

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1552

Stateroom Category – Grand Suite

Starboard or Port Side -

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view, no obstruction

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Double the size of a regular balcony cabin

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? -No

Any other comments? - Here is a video tour of our Grand Suite! 

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - Oasis of the Seas

Deck - 17

Stateroom # - 34

Stateroom Category – Crown Loft Suite, L2

Starboard or Port Side - Aft - ship, back of ship view

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet with the door shut.  Over the boardwalk, so when on the balcony, you can hear the music and noise.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View off the back of the ship. Could see straight down the boardwalk to the Aqua Theater.  Left of center, so closer to the basketball court. Great view of the ocean behind the boat.  Was fun watching the zip liners.  The view of the ports, especially Naples, spread out behind you was breathtaking. You had a view of everything. In Barcelona, we had coffee on the balcony with a perfect view of La Familia Sagrada.  Great view for people who like to people watch and like a view of ocean and ports. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - A bit oversized since it was only 2 from middle, so in the start of the curve.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The velcro on the upstairs bedroom closet was worn so when we hit a bit of bumpy water the door kept opening and slamming shut on every wave in the middle of the night.  We put a bandaid on it to hold it shut and it worked fine.  Hopefully this minor inconvenience has been fixed already.

Any other comments? - We won this cabin through a RoyalUp bid. I was hesitant to bid as we had an Ultra Spacious Family Cabin with large balcony (7330) with a direct ocean view.  I really didn't want to take the chance that we would win one of the aft facing Crown Loft Suites.  11 days before sailing, I went for it and our bid was accepted for 1734. I was disappointed when I found out that indeed we had an aft facing cabin.  Lo and behold, when we got there, we LOVED it. Loved people watching and also being able to see a panoramic view of ports out the back. We loved it so much, we booked the same cabin for next year.

You give up a bit of privacy as everyone on the basketball court can look up and see you, but it was never an issue for us.   Loved watching the divers practice everyday in the Aquatheater.

oasis 1734 view.jpg

Barcelona off the back of our balcony.jpg

Edited by cured
added the picture of Barcelona view from the deck
  • Like 3

Ship - Harmony of the Seas

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 204

Stateroom Category – D1

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – At night yes. During the day, no. There was constant banging from the pool deck above.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View was PERFECT, but one of the cameras was on the balcony limiting the view SLIGHTLY

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Supposed to be oversized but I think it was normal

Was wind a problem? - None

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The TV was not working for the first day, but IT fixed the problem eventually.

Any other comments? - Aside from the noise during the day, this was a great room! I do wish I picked something closer to an elevator, but I prefer to be on the same level as the kids club.

Ship - Adventure of the Seas

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8601

Stateroom Category – T2 promenade 

Starboard or Port Side - port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No. The cabin is next to a utility chase from which there were a lot of noise. 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes. 

Any specific problems with this cabin? - I would not book this due to the noise coming from the forward wall. 

Ship: Ovation of the seas

Deck: 8

Stateroom: 8724

Category: Grand Loft suite: Star class

Aft

• Quiet stateroom: No.  The noise from all the shows in Two 70 was constant.
  • There is a lot of traffic in star class.  Constant door bell with deliveries and making sure everything is ok, if you are planning star class, plan on every minute being planned for you by your genie, even if you asked for specific things, these will be changed or overridden
  • A lot of soot from stacks on balcony every day.
  • Very far from the elevators or stairs, walking to mid ship then walking back to aft
  • On this class of ship we will not use star class again as it seemed to busy for a relaxing vacation

Ship - Explorer of the Seas

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 314

Stateroom Category – 4D

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, until the last morning at 3am, when it sounded as though central heating was clicking on. Maybe because. the wardrobe was empty.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View was PERFECT, completely clear as there were no Lifeboats below us.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The TV didn’t have a cable connection, so we only had the ship’s interactive TV. It was good to be unaware of political news- Brexit etc.

Any other comments- Very close to the elevator and the library, but no noise.

75AA5A3C-9BC5-4D07-8389-69E0E907AB9F.jpeg

2B0A846E-B1D4-40C2-AE29-FDCC0426C017.jpeg

ACA2923A-FF16-43A4-BBF1-E1B595F592D2.jpeg

13F0AD36-BF80-46E9-9100-802454956BE1.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

Ship -  Mariner of the Seas

Deck -  8

Stateroom # - 8284

Stateroom Category –  2D - Ocean View Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –  Mostly!  During the day if on the balcony, you could hear the music and stuff from the pool.  Not bothersome at all.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -  No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –   It was perfect.  No obstructions.  Couldn't see the neighbors.  If I looked out and to the right or the left, I could see people but it seemed pretty private and I loved the view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -    Normal

Was wind a problem? -  No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -  No

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  This wasn't a problem for us but it is directly across from a housekeeping area. 

Any other comments? -  I would absolutely book this cabin again.

Ship - Symphony of the Seas

Deck - 6

Stateroom # -6591

Stateroom Category – 2V - Inside

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –  NO!!  Right above Bolero's.  My fault for not looking more closely at the deck plans.  Lesson learned.  Bolero's had music blaring until 1am on some nights.  Plus, I was on the same deck as HIRO show and heard that.  Also, Deck 5 in general had lots of music late at night and I heard most of it.  I had a lot of trouble sleeping on this cruise.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem? -

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  Just the noise but it was a huge problem.

Any other comments? -  Cabin layout was great.  I never expect much from an inside and was pleasantly surprised.  Bathroom even seemed a bit bigger than on other cruises.

Ship - Navigator of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1344

Category - Junior Suite - J4

Port/Starboard - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –  Very Quiet and I loved it!!! Can't rave about it enough.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -  NO

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions, great views depending on where we were located.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - Only because of the foul weather.

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  Just the noise but it was a huge problem.

Any other comments? -  I thoroughly enjoyed this cabin. The tub is deep and there is a ton of storage.

Coffee Maker and Kettle in the room:
enhance

Cabin 1344 - Junior Suite Deck 10

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1opBufYweZRYRdI3i7Hsz-9xma0IFfQCD/view?usp=sharing

Ship - OVATION OF THE SEAS

Deck -9

Stateroom # -9648

Stateroom Category –2C Oceanview with Lg Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – One of the quietest rooms we have stayed in. 

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great View. No real obstructions. However, the room is on the                              back side of the hump and often we wanted to look toward the front of the ship which was not possible.  View of scenery was not blocked                                  but there was not a direct view (straight line view) of the front of the ship.  This does not really cause a problem honestly, but may be a                                        concern for others. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for large balcony class.  Very nice, lots of space, 2 chairs with foot rests...very comfortable.  Also                                     had a small table. 

Was wind a problem? -No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Yes. On the first day, I went to wash my hands and heard deep gurgling sounds.  My husband said it sounds like something is clogged or blocked.  I paid no attention since the toilet and sink continued to work but still made the noise.  The second day, I took a shower in the morning & looked down and noticed the water appeared that  it was not going down.  It got as high as my ankles and filled the whole bathroom before I could rinse my hair and get out...It got as high as the step entering the bathroom, about a 1/4" from going over into the room.  We called maintenance, they came out in less than 10 mins and rodded out the drains.  There is one in the shower and one behind the toilet.  After that they sent a special crew to clean and disinfect the bathroom...would not let us step into the bathroom till that was done and the room steward followed cleaning any surface that they may not have cleaned ...like the mirror. After they did this, we never had a problem again. 

Any other comments? - This room is approx 10 ft from the elevator area, making it very convenient  for those with mobility issues.  There was no noise audible from the elevators while in the room. This is a great room, I think next time though, I would get the exact room on the front side of the hump!  Just my quirk...NOT a disadvantage to the room.  I just like to see where we are going more than where we have been!

Ship - Harmony Of The Seas

Deck - 17

Stateroom # - 1710

Stateroom Category – L1-Crowm Loft Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view, no obstruction

-Amazing view of the ocean, and ports especially from the bed with the 30 foot windows.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Double the size of a regular balcony cabin

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? -No

Amazing cabin with easy access to to the Coastal Kitchen, bar, and Concierge....It was amazing.

Edited by skyking

Ship - Harnony of the Seas 

Deck -  11 

Stateroom # -  11308

Stateroom Category – 6D

Quiet Stateroom? Extremely quiet 

Balcony View - view was clear 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal 

Was wind a problem? - not  a problem - but I find that balconies are always windy ;)

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - could smell the soot at times, but did not inhibit use of balcony 

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no problems at all 

Comments- This cabin has the couch closest to the balcony.  This is a question I had before the cruise.  Air conditioning worked well.  Room  was actually cold at times.  Little traffic in the hall due to it being pretty far back from the elevators.  

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - Radiance of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1034

Stateroom Category – Grand Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Totally Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –   No Obstructions - large overhang - no view upwards nor mid day sun.  I liked it that way but others may not.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -  Normal

Was wind a problem? - No wind problems.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Not Applicable

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  None - loved the size and location.

Any other comments? -  The suite life.  We are spoiled forever.

Ship -  Harmony of the Seas

Deck -  11

Stateroom # -  11231

Stateroom Category –  Central Park View Balcony

Starboard or Port Side -  Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –  Yes - but not with all the kids running up and down the hallway all day and night.  And... there must have been a lot of kids right above us - they kept jumping up and down

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -  normal

Was wind a problem? -  Not really - although quite breezy

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? -   Nice cabin - and other than the kids swapping your door signs and messing up the cabin steward.

Ship - Ovation of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10638

Stateroom Category – Junior Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Totally, considering this room is close the the central elevators, didnt hear any noise.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - n/a

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – view was great. On the bubble so no obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? - no

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no clothes line.

Any other comments? - Fabulous cabin. Toilet is separate to the bathroom. Very handy. Shower is a bit tight to get into. but once in a great size and plenty of room. Also has a separate bath. plenty of storage if needed. Close to the Central elevators/Stairs but no noise.

Deck - 6

Stateroom # - 6475

Stateroom Category –6V Interior

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, very.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – n/a

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - n/a

Was wind a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Air conditioning wasn't working well. Had the dial down as low as it could go but the room was still warm. Called maintenance to have it looked at. They said the fixed it but there was no noticeable difference. (October 2019) Also noticed that the leg support for the bed runs along the bottom edge so it was harder to slide a suitcase underneath. Still doable, but took more effort in that you will have to lift your case over the bar before sliding it in. Not enough room to put cases under the bed from the sides.

Any other comments? -

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG