Royal Caribbean Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Is there a way to do a search for ship and cabin?  Or do I have to read all 1,000+ entries in the hope of finding the one I'm curious about?  I tried a search on general forum; no match.

Look at the tab "Managing Data" for instructions about how to manipulate the data.  You should be able to drill down to the information you are looking for.  E-mail me at RCIcabincomp@gmail.com if you have any problems.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Ovation Of The Seas

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7520

Stateroom Category – 2E

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? Some noise at night from crew area across the hall. Foghorn was also loud, but not much you can do about that on an Alaska Cruise unless you are in an interior cabin.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Technically labeled an obstructed view, it was perfect. A small white ledge at the foot of our balcony would have stopped us from staring straight down - but that was not a problem. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - Brief Video of Cabin here: 

Ship - Enchantment Of The Seas

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8152

Stateroom Category – JS (Junior Suite)

Quiet Stateroom? A great deal of noise overhead in the middle of the night.  Crew dragging heavy metal objects across the floor. It woke us up at least 4 nights out of 8.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions; good view.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - We were a few cabins away from aft; no soot.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The noise in the middle of the night mentioned above.  Three complaints did no good.  I would not recommend this cabin for that reason.  Otherwise, it was just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Allure Of The Seas

Deck - 17

Stateroom # - 1754

Stateroom Category – L1

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? Yes. No noise whatsoever.

Balcony View - Unobstructed view. You can see a small portion of deck 16 if you are standing near the balcony rail and look forward but the only other thing you see is the ocean.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for its class, which is oversized. Fits two loungers and a table with plenty of room left over.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No. It's big and beautiful. Perfect location in terms of the suite lounge, Coastal Kitchen and elevators. We used the pull out couch and had a cot brought in for our family of four. All sleeping options were comfortable.

IMG_8244.JPG

IMG_8245.JPG

IMG_8246.JPG

IMG_8247.JPG

IMG_8248.JPG

IMG_8249.JPG

IMG_8251.JPG

IMG_8252.JPG

IMG_8253.JPG

IMG_8254.JPG

IMG_8255.JPG

IMG_8256.JPG

IMG_8257.JPG

IMG_8258.JPG

IMG_8259.JPG

IMG_8260.JPG

IMG_8261.JPG

IMG_8262.JPG

IMG_8263.JPG

IMG_8264.JPG

On 8/15/2022 at 1:12 PM, RCI Cabin Reviews said:

Look at the tab "Managing Data" for instructions about how to manipulate the data.  You should be able to drill down to the information you are looking for.  E-mail me at RCIcabincomp@gmail.com if you have any problems.

Thank you for doing this - but I do not find "Managing Data" tab - appreciate your help

3 minutes ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

Thank you for doing this - but I do not find "Managing Data" tab - appreciate your help

There are 3 tabs at the bottom of the sheet.  Click on "Managing Data" and you will find the directions there.

image.thumb.png.84722ece2b23aaa8bcbb2e7ef6743faf.png

13 minutes ago, srice said:

There are 3 tabs at the bottom of the sheet.  Click on "Managing Data" and you will find the directions there.

Thank you -but I find nothing on any of the pages within this topic - you say "bottom of sheet"?  I obviously am missing something so any additional help would be appreciated

image.thumb.png.84722ece2b23aaa8bcbb2e7ef6743faf.png

• 4 weeks later...

Ship - Voyager of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1252

Stateroom Category – GS

Quiet Stateroom? Minor noise from the Solarium above when crew would arrange deck chairs

Balcony View - Unobstructed view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for its class.  One loungers with a small side table, a bisto table with two chairs.  

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No, other than it's probably time for an update.  There were small issues like cabinet doors not fitting properly, drawers that would not stay closed, and some missing accent bits on the bathroom fixtures and lighting.  Overall, it's a great room and really nice for a 23 years old ship.

image.thumb.jpeg.b8f900c3d57d6ff76a829c68406f3a15.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.24dfc11a69f285b105e7fc7f2b9e4aea.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1f5bd671c72ded132d3850ae053aa692.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.76906c8b16109b74db7fa5f27c9c9650.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.21fbedd9f9858965b0e38d43e3eb4046.jpeg

20221002_131529.thumb.jpg.1e0949f85ab38077c4c3c75a2a77c934.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.ad39a84f3c45cc0bcc73f970b61a4304.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 4:12 PM, RCI Cabin Reviews said:

I can find no tab "Managing Data"...where is it?  I, too, am trying to find specific cabin or at least ship and category stateroom information.  Thanks.

25 minutes ago, OhioJourneys said:

I can find no tab "Managing Data"...where is it?  I, too, am trying to find specific cabin or at least ship and category stateroom information.  Thanks.

The tabs are at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

image.png.3227b38ecd44e55ab23253abc78ca358.png

• 1 month later...

Ship – Odyssey of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10552

Stateroom Category – 2D Oceanview Balcony

Starboard - Forward

Quiet Stateroom? Yes

Balcony View – Unobstructed, 2 chairs with ottomans and a small table

Balcony Size?  - Normal for class

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? – Lots of storage, close to forward elevator, bed is next to the balcony.  No complaints.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, czrunner said:

Srice, what spreadsheet (with the tab "Managing Data)" are you talking about? How do you find or create this spreadsheet?

The spreadsheet is located at  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P02jhe9iw-mXyk3L9xhEJ_8lv_j4LHI6Qt0TMYy_WP8/edit#gid=2083802120 .

If you have more questions please address them to RCICabinComp@gmail.com.

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2022 at 3:54 PM, jjbko said:

Just booked our B2B yesterday. Looking forward to seeing the new ship. Been on a lot of Celebrity ships, the way back to the Mercury and the Century, have herd that this E class ship is something to be seen. We will see. I am Jerry and my wife of 40 years is Candy.

On 12/30/2022 at 1:54 PM, sees2seas said:

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!  We had a fabulous Azamara Onward Cruise and can't wait to be on Beyond with all of you! Enjoy!

On 12/9/2022 at 8:16 PM, TheSuiteLife4Me said:

Hi everyone. Lisa and Wil from New Brunswick, Canada!
Wil cruised Alaska with RC this past May and is hooked on the cruising lifestyle. My first cruise and I am looking forward to this vacation!

• 2 weeks later...

Ship – Brilliance of the Seas Sail dates January of 2023

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7540

Stateroom Category 

Starboard - Forward

Quiet Stateroom?  Only one night I faintly heard singing from the show in the theater below.  Otherwise room is very quiet; hallway was quiet, even though room is conveniently close to forward elevators and stairs.

Balcony View – Unobstructed, 2 chairs + tall table.  You can look straight down to the water and see and hear the waves breaking when under way.  Heavenly!

Balcony Size?  - balconies on 7 forward are deeper than standard balconies, which is why I book these rooms.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Yes; very sadly, sink in bathroom has strange ugly cracking.  

Any other comments? – Bed in room faces forward.  In other words, when you lie in bed, your toes are towards the bridge, and your head is aft.  

IMG_6772.jpeg

IMG_6770.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Ship – Anthem of the Seas Sail dates January 2-13, 2023

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10177

Stateroom Category 

Interior Forward

Quiet Stateroom? Very! No noise.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Yes; Completely unable to access the internet in this room. Also, the virtual balcony glitched a few times 

Any other comments? – Nice, quiet, not far from the forward elevators

PXL_20230110_135624901.jpg

Ship - Symphony of the Seas

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9220

Stateroom Category – 2D

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great, unobstructed view

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - none

Any other comments? - Bed was closer to the cabin entrance with the sofa near the balcony. Excellent cabin almost exactly mid-ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship-Enchantment of thecSeas

Deck - 3

Stateroom # - 3507

Stateroom Category – 

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes. Very quiet. There was only one thing. At 11 o'clock each night a mechanical vibrating noise would go on behind the room. It almost sounded like an industrial strength dryer going. It would last about five minutes, pause, and then five more minutes of this noise. And then it was done. No other noise problems the rest of the time.

Balcony View - NA

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? Yes. There was a strong smell of sewage in the bathroom for most of the cruise. This was an eight night cruise and the sewage smell did not go away until day five. Also, the shower was ridiculously small. I mean really really narrow and small. I believe this is standard and all of the inside rooms obviously, not just mine, but something to be aware of.

Any other comments? The room is dated but the room itself is nice. It's in good condition. The bed is low to the ground, too low to slide my checked suitcase underneath. So be aware that you may have to pile suitcases in the closet. There is half a sofa here that does not fold out and does not have a lot of legroom to actually sit in. Overall the room is quite compact. Just fine for one or two people with plenty of drawer storage And a reasonable closet. This would not be a good room for a couple traveling with a child. 

B77AA73F-5307-41E3-858C-8E69F5CF45A8.jpeg

C219A011-A76C-4B21-A969-2C5B75807D4E.jpeg

6AE35763-8EC6-49DE-BEC2-633E33F2AF67.jpeg

Edited by Cruise Kay

Ship - Serenade of the Seas

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9544

Stateroom Category – Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? Very quiet, was fantastic.

Balcony View - Unobstructed view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal, two chairs and a coffee table were out on the deck.

Was wind a problem? - Only during a sea day, however ship speed was around 24 knots- booking to get to/from South & Central America. Otherwise, wind would be a non-issue; was overall a non-problem for us.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No. Bathroom and room did look dated. Do consider Serenade OTS was built around 20-21 years ago in 2002, the vessel is due for a major interior update. The cabin itself had zero problems whatsoever and served its purpose as a stateroom.

•  

Ship - Jewel of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1560

Stateroom Category – Owners Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Mostly quiet, heard the occasional chair being moved above us at night, we use white noise to sleep, only heard it once when I woke up in the middle of the night.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Don't know, but I doubt it.

Balcony View - Balcony is huge, 2 loungers and a table with chairs

Balcony Size? 

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? - The bed was extremely comfortable, and the cabin was huge. 

• 1 month later...

We stayed in a two bedroom grand suite on Oasis last week (Feb 2023). It was on deck 12, and has a hot tub on the balcony. Only the two 2-bedroom suites on deck 12 have a hot tub, and cost the same as the other 2 bedroom suites. 

The room overall was great. The location is good, very close to the aft elevators. The main bedroom is quite big with lots of storage. The second bedroom is very small. It does not have Pullman beds, it only sleeps two. There is hardly six inches between the twin beds. There is a closet, and two more closets to use in the living room. Drawer space is lacking in the second bedroom. There is a vanity area in each bedroom, however the one in the second bedroom doesn’t have a mirror. Odd. There are 3 tvs in the suite. The balcony is huge, extra deep as it is on the hump. It has the hot tub, a large dining table for 6, and two padded chaise loungers. 

Biggest con, you can hear people in the adjoining suite through the connecting door. This didn’t bother us much. Great room, I would book again!

• Like 2

On 3/4/2023 at 7:33 PM, erinsmom03 said:

We stayed in a two bedroom grand suite on Oasis last week (Feb 2023). It was on deck 12, and has a hot tub on the balcony. Only the two 2-bedroom suites on deck 12 have a hot tub, and cost the same as the other 2 bedroom suites. 

The room overall was great. The location is good, very close to the aft elevators. The main bedroom is quite big with lots of storage. The second bedroom is very small. It does not have Pullman beds, it only sleeps two. There is hardly six inches between the twin beds. There is a closet, and two more closets to use in the living room. Drawer space is lacking in the second bedroom. There is a vanity area in each bedroom, however the one in the second bedroom doesn’t have a mirror. Odd. There are 3 tvs in the suite. The balcony is huge, extra deep as it is on the hump. It has the hot tub, a large dining table for 6, and two padded chaise loungers. 

Biggest con, you can hear people in the adjoining suite through the connecting door. This didn’t bother us much. Great room, I would book again!

Thanks for sharing!  How many people did you have in this cabin?

We stayed in an Owners Suite on Wonder of the Seas and it was divine.  We had 2 adults in this cabin, but you could put more in the living room on the sofa bed.

Ship - Wonder of the Seas

Deck - 18

Stateroom # - 1832

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes.  We never heard our neighbors to the left.  The only time we heard the folks on the right was if both of us were out on our deck.

Balcony View - Unobstructed.  We did get a lot of the ship exhaust pouring over the side of the ship at times, so we did have a soot issue (first time I've ever had that issue)

Balcony Size? Balcony is massive with 1 lounger, 1 chair with ottoman and a table with chairs

Was wind a problem? - Not unless it was coming directly at us

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Yes

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The shower leaked water all over the floor.  We always had to put towels down in front of the shower door to mop up the excess.

Any other comments? - We LOVED our cabin.  It was enormous and we spent a lot of time in it during the westbound transatlantic since we were concerned about Covid.  We never felt confined and thought it was a great layout.  The beds were extremely comfortable as was the sofa.  Tons of storage (there are 4 full length closets in this cabin including a load of shelving throughout the cabin).

I show our cabin during our Cruise Critic Cabin Crawl in this video from 9:01-11:53.

Edited by Teeara
  • Like 2

On 3/7/2023 at 7:55 AM, Teeara said:

Thanks for sharing!  How many people did you have in this cabin?

We stayed in an Owners Suite on Wonder of the Seas and it was divine.  We had 2 adults in this cabin, but you could put more in the living room on the sofa bed.

Ship - Wonder of the Seas

Deck - 18

Stateroom # - 1832

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes.  We never heard our neighbors to the left.  The only time we heard the folks on the right was if both of us were out on our deck.

Balcony View - Unobstructed.  We did get a lot of the ship exhaust pouring over the side of the ship at times, so we did have a soot issue (first time I've ever had that issue)

Balcony Size? Balcony is massive with 1 lounger, 1 chair with ottoman and a table with chairs

Was wind a problem? - Not unless it was coming directly at us

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Yes

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The shower leaked water all over the floor.  We always had to put towels down in front of the shower door to mop up the excess.

Any other comments? - We LOVED our cabin.  It was enormous and we spent a lot of time in it during the westbound transatlantic since we were concerned about Covid.  We never felt confined and thought it was a great layout.  The beds were extremely comfortable as was the sofa.  Tons of storage (there are 4 full length closets in this cabin including a load of shelving throughout the cabin).

I show our cabin during our Cruise Critic Cabin Crawl in this video from 9:01-11:53.

We had 4 adults in our suite. My cousin and her husband got the small bedroom, mostly because he is too tall for the bathtub shower in the main bedroom. They also said it was because I did all the planning for the cruise. It worked out well. We hung out in the living room or on the balcony a lot.

I'm going to check out your video! We did our first cabin crawl on Oasis. I fell head over heels in love with the 2 bedroom ATS! Got to try to get that one for sure!