Disembarking before the end of the cruise?

There is a Hawaii to Vancouver itinerary that stops in Seattle as it's next to last stop.

I'm not really considering this, but could you actually disembark in Seattle and skip the last leg to Vancouver? (I'm a US citizen)

I imagine there are several considerations like customs settling your accounts with RCI, etc.

Has anyone ever done this or looked into it?

There is a Hawaii to Vancouver itinerary that stops in Seattle as it's next to last stop.

I'm not really considering this, but could you actually disembark in Seattle and skip the last leg to Vancouver? (I'm a US citizen)

I imagine there are several considerations like customs settling your accounts with RCI, etc.

Has anyone ever done this or looked into it?

Is it possible that USA's infamous Mr JONES could possibly upset your ACT here ??? ..

If your cruise starts in Hawaii, you may not disembark at Seattle. The PSVA does not allow foreign flagged ships to transport passengers (final destination) from one US port to another. There are fines, etc. and the ship will not allow you to officially disembark. (Note: Non-US ships can begin in one US port and end in another as long as they meet specific requirements, which include a stop at a "distant foreign port." Your cruise doesn't have one.) Citizenship doesn't matter in this case because the regulations applies to the ships and all passengers.

It will not be allowed, sorry.

beachchick

Well, if you are truly desperate to get off the ship, you could always fling some deck chairs overboard the night before you arrive in Seattle.

Maybe start a food fight in the MDR?

I'm not suggesting this, but hey, if you really want off there are ways to accomplish this, I'm sure.

(I'm joking people...relax please...I haven't got my flame-proof undies on today... :D :D )

Well, if you are truly desperate to get off the ship, you could always fling some deck chairs overboard the night before you arrive in Seattle.

Maybe start a food fight in the MDR?

I'm not suggesting this, but hey, if you really want off there are ways to accomplish this, I'm sure.

(I'm joking people...relax please...I haven't got my flame-proof undies on today... :D :D )

Hey...where've you been?

Have missed your candour ;)

If your cruise starts in Hawaii, you may not disembark at Seattle. The PSVA does not allow foreign flagged ships to transport passengers (final destination) from one US port to another. There are fines, etc. and the ship will not allow you to officially disembark. (Note: Non-US ships can begin in one US port and end in another as long as they meet specific requirements, which include a stop at a "distant foreign port." Your cruise doesn't have one.) Citizenship doesn't matter in this case because the regulations applies to the ships and all passengers.

It will not be allowed, sorry.

beachchick

It's allowed. You can absolutely disembark. You'll just have to pay the fine.

If you are allowed, you must pay the fine (I think it's $200 per person). There may also be some kind of record for the violation, and I'm not sure how long this record will stay with you.

If you are allowed, you must pay the fine (I think it's $200 per person). There may also be some kind of record for the violation, and I'm not sure how long this record will stay with you.

The fine is $300 per person, but it is up to the Captain whether or not they will permit the violation to occur. If the Captain will not permit the PVSA to be violated, one is not permitted to disembark even if willing to pay the fine.

You can always get off the ship and just not get back on when it is time to leave Seattle. Of course your stuff will still be onboard, unless you have a friend that is willing to get your bags for you. And you might still be fined.

Annieeee

You can always get off the ship and just not get back on when it is time to leave Seattle. Of course your stuff will still be onboard, unless you have a friend that is willing to get your bags for you. And you might still be fined.

Annieeee

And they also already HAVE YOUR authority to bill your credit card for expenses you incur :eek:.

You have to "apply" for early disembarkation. We did it on Adventure during our honeymoon as we flew from St. Thomas to St. Kitts. A month before we left of TA filed the form with Royal Caribbean for approval.

The night before we got to St. Thomas the pursers desk dropped off the instructions for getting off the ship. When we arrived in St. Thomas a luggage porter and the purser came to our room and walked us off the ship to the customs house. We cleared customs and were off to the airport.

No big deal at all. We weren't fined due to being a forgien port prior to arriving back into a U.S territory.

I understand the regulations for ships, but we have wondered if one could debark in Victoria, BC when Rhapsody stops there on her Alaska Seattle to Seattle itinerary. We would then spend some time in Victoria and the San Juan Islands. I think that might be legal, because it's BC. What do you think?:confused:

No big deal at all. We weren't fined due to being a forgien port prior to arriving back into a U.S territory.

Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands are excluded from many parts of the PVSA. Actually it is the ship that is fined and they just pass right on to you.

I understand the regulations for ships, but we have wondered if one could debark in Victoria, BC when Rhapsody stops there on her Alaska Seattle to Seattle itinerary. We would then spend some time in Victoria and the San Juan Islands. I think that might be legal, because it's BC. What do you think?:confused:

We have friends that are doing this on the Rhapsody this week. When the ship stops in Victoria on July 1 they will disembark and travel to Vancouver, BC. They had to apply for special permission with Royal before their departure but it was not a problem. They are Philippine citizens.

Archived