Lost Camera MOS room 1078

We just left Monarch of the Seas on Monday June 21 and are 100% sure that my pink Nikon camera is somewhere in that room. I have contacted RCCL lost and found and it never showed up in their found items from my cruise. I've asked them to check again because we are so sure it is somewhere in that room....under the bed, between the chair cushions, etc. They said they would but if the room was occupied during this cruise, there is nothing they can do. Anyone have a positive experience with Lost and Found to give me some hope?

It's such a disappointing way to end a vacation.

Give it another week before you give up hope. I am sure that the new passengers occuping your former cabin has no use for your camera so they probably already turned your camera over to the Purser. Then once the ship docks again at its home port it will find its way to the Lost and Found Department.

Here's hoping that I am correct :p !

Give it another week before you give up hope. I am sure that the new passengers occuping your former cabin has no use for your camera so they probably already turned your camera over to the Purser. Then once the ship docks again at its home port it will find its way to the Lost and Found Department.

...and maybe not.

How many times I have I seen posts here from folks who didn't trust Guest Services with 'found' items, and these people take the items home and think they can find the owner themselves?

I'm so sorry you lost your camera.

It is a very good idea to make the first photo in your camera an ID photo.

On a piece of paper I write:

This camera is property of:

My name

Address

Telephone (cell) number

Then I take a photo of it in case.........

I keep a return address label on my camera. I’ve heard from a friend that also does this, that he has had his camera returned. I know that will not help you – but perhaps other can try that tip.

I lost my camera in Japan last month near the end of a 3 week Asian vacation. Luckily I had downloaded photos nearly every day so we only lost the last days’ photos. Perhaps I’ll get to see if that address tab works!

Good luck – I know it is not the camera – but the photos you really want!

M

Oh man, good luck finding it.

I lost my cellphone and charger during my cruise. I left it charging next to my bed and totally forgot it.

I called Lost and found, told them I left it on the nightstand charging and they never found it:eek:.

I mean come on! someone had to keep it. Especially after we left, someone had to clean the room, etc. They just didn't want to return a cell and charger.:mad: Perhpas someone needed it more than I did.

My name

Address

Telephone (cell) number

Thank you!!!!! this is a great idea

This sort of thing has happened to family members on different cruises, with differing results:

1. My brother left his camera on the table in the Mexican restaurant onboard Norwegian Dawn. It was never found.

2. My mum left her camera "somewhere" onboard Norwegian Gem. It was returned to her. No probs!

And just to show this can happen anywhere:

3. My son left his Nintendo DS and lots of games onboard a British Airways plane. It was never found.

I suppose it depends on the "finder" and whether they like the look of the item.

My husband found a laptop the other week, handed it into the police, and received a £20 thankyou from the owner. While he was collecting his reward, someone crashed into our parked car and drove off without leaving any details. There's about £500 damage on our car!

Funny old world eh?

I left my camera on a table in the Windjammer on Freedom of the Seas at breakfast. We went back, but no camera and a cleared table. I checked our cabin just to be sure and went to the Guest Relations desk. They checked and did not have it then and suggested we come back later. We did and they had it and returned my camera to me. One of the waiters working in the Windjammer found it and returned it. They did not know who he was, so we could not leave a reward. It was the pictures, of course, that mattered. I was lucky, I know. :)

My name

Address

Telephone (cell) number

This is an excellent idea. If you haven't already maybe you could put this on the "tips" board because I never would have thought of it.

Is it possible to make a call to a ship and ring into your old cabin. I would pay whatever rate that may cost, just for a chance to talk to who is in the cabin now.

This would have been an great idea but they got off the ship this morning.

Nothing worse then losing something with all pictures in them, and with todays cameras so small and cheap too easy to lose or worse.

With todays camera its too easy to have thousands of pictures from months of memories.

The only other tip I'd add is download and backup your pictures daily. A good reason in itself to bring a laptop computer. Thus if the unfortunante does happen at least you are only out one days/evenings pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

A Happy update! My camera is on its way back to me as I type. RCCL lost and found called last friday to tell me that my camera had been found. They wanted my credit card # to charge me for its return which I had no problem with at all. Looking forward to seeing all my pics!

Wow! If I ever lose anything I'm going to tell you so that you can get your positive vibes going for me, too. :p

You WERE correct. :eek:

(I didn't believe the OP would get it back. :o)

Gina

Glad you're getting your pictures back!!

I left a necklace in our cabin on Rhapsody and never saw it again. I called only a few hours after we disembarked, from the airport, and knew EXACTLY where I left it in the room but it was "never found." Either an RCI employee enjoyed it or the next guests staying in our room did. It was the sentimental value that meant the most. (although it wasn't a cheap necklace either).

I bought a travel jewelery case for our next cruise.

:mad:

Archived