If you didn't book ES is there...

jenmac711us

nope, no way to get a credit, but you can ask for an upgrade if a higher category cabin is listed for less than you paid for yours (example, you booked 8a, and 8c is say 10PP less). they typically grant this request...

nope, no way to get a credit, but you can ask for an upgrade if a higher category cabin is listed for less than you paid for yours (example, you booked 8a, and 8c is say 10PP less). they typically grant this request...

I was able to do this but no refund of money or OBC (wasn't expecting any.) Prices had dropped $150 per person in the week since I'd booked plus were offering a higher category upgrade, they honored moving me up to a higher category. We booked about 6 weeks out from sailing so paid in full at the time of booking. Killed me to know that I could have spent $300 less by waiting - not that I had any way to know what prices would do. :p It all worked out - we snagged 7258 on the Pride which has the triple size balcony for the price of a regular extended size.:D

Killed me to know that I could have spent $300 less by waiting - not that I had any way to know what prices would do. :p It all worked out - we snagged 7258 on the Pride which has the triple size balcony for the price of a regular extended size.:D

i waited until near last minute - also about 6 weeks because nobody would agree LOL! but we got a KILLER pack n go rate, which book as guarantees (we got 8C)...

nice catch though - we had a triple wide balcony, BUT we had to book 3 cabins! :eek:

i love those weird balcony cabins. next time when i plan a bit further in advance i hope to snag one myself :)

I booked an OV cabin with past guest, that included an upgrade from a 6A to a 6B or something like that. The rates went down after my final payment. When I saw that a balcony (8A upgraded to 8D) at past guest rate was only $20 more than what I paid for the OV, I called up to see if I could get it and pay the $20. The very nice lady spoke to her supervisor and then gave it to me at no extra charge, so I was able to go from a 6B to an 8D. Boy was I happy!

I booked an OV cabin with past guest, that included an upgrade from a 6A to a 6B or something like that. The rates went down after my final payment. When I saw that a balcony (8A upgraded to 8D) at past guest rate was only $20 more than what I paid for the OV, I called up to see if I could get it and pay the $20. The very nice lady spoke to her supervisor and then gave it to me at no extra charge, so I was able to go from a 6B to an 8D. Boy was I happy!

see! it works! :D

congrats to you, that's one heck of an upgrade right there!!! :cool:

OP: that's a good example - they also will often let you 'pay the difference' if you're trying to get to a higher category, too - and apparently, sometimes give it to you free! :)

i waited until near last minute - also about 6 weeks because nobody would agree LOL! but we got a KILLER pack n go rate, which book as guarantees (we got 8C)...

nice catch though - we had a triple wide balcony, BUT we had to book 3 cabins! :eek:

i love those weird balcony cabins. next time when i plan a bit further in advance i hope to snag one myself :)

I will be hard pressed to sail a Spirit class again without being able to book this cabin or the one above it. :p Totally spoiled me with that much room to stretch, two chairs, a table, and two loungers to nap on. :D I was shocked it was available at that late - figure someone must have cancelled or upgraded.

Archived