Anyone ever cruised over July 4th

jenmac711us

Its been a few years, but we did sail during th 4th of July holiday week. Even though the boat isn't registered in the USA, they most def. celebrated the day with red, white and blue themed everything..

I've been on four July 4th cruises. Each time the ship did something special. On the Queen Mary, it was a Red White and Blue Ball and a special barbq type lunch. On Holland America it was a early morning ceremony in Bermuda. On the US Cruise lines (now defunct) we actually cruised into Pearl Harbor and threw a wreath overboard (very moving). On the Azamara, they had a deck party in the evening.

I've only cruised once over the 4th of July holiday. I do remember them making a general announcement wishing all the American passengers a happy fourth! Other than that.....I don't remember anything special...if they did I missed it!!

My husband gets vacation the week of July 4th, so we are always on a cruise that week. They will make some sort of annoucements, the trivia is "american themed", and people are dressed in their red, white, and blue. But not too much more than that. Maybe this year though ?:rolleyes:

We had a dynamite "firecracker" drink special on July 4 on the Mariner last summer. Other than that, they didn't do anything special.

On the Pride of America on July 4 (on their very first sailing after going through the Panama Canal on the way to Hawaii) I don't recall them doing anything special...but many folks dressed up in themed garb. There was supposed to be some kind of celebration on the pool deck, but we went; and there really wasn't much happening except them saying Happy Fourth of July to all who came and playing some music in the evening.

Archived