POLL: If you have stayed in a suite, would you ever book a non-suite again?

LBS1

If you have cruised in a Suite-would you ever stay non suite room again?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. If you have cruised in a Suite-would you ever stay non suite room again?

• Would only stay in a Suite-and would choose a higher level if possible.
    • Would stay in the same level of Suite as I have in the past.
    • Would never stay in a Suite again.
    • Would opt for a Mini Suite or Balcony
    • Would opt for a Ocean View or Inside Cabin.
    • As long as its a cruise-I'll sleep next to the engines if it means I can go.

I love sailing in a full suite and love the suite perks and extra space. I will say that I will sail in a standard balcony cabin or mini-suite depending on the ship and itinerary.

If it is a standard Caribbean cruise I'll take the suite. If it's a more expensive or longer cruise in another part of the world then it's a lesser priced cabin. I can use the difference for the extra airfare, tours and the overall cost of the cruise.

Suites are wonderful but not something that determines if I sail or not.

Take care,

Mike

I don't see the poll. [Okay, that was weird, the poll showed up after I posted my response.]

We can't always afford to stay in a suite. So it comes down to what we can afford and the pricing for the cruises we are considering. We have to have a balcony though. So we'll stay in a balcony or a mini-suite when we can't get a penthouse suite.

Tough one . If we sail NCL its always a suite , if its another line we can handle a balcony . Why ? becuase NCL really treats suite guests well . The other lines it makes no difference other than size of the cabin..;)

When I booked my 1st cruise DH and I agreed that we would book no less than a balcony as we knew we needed our quiet time. Then we decided that since we were unsure if we would ever want to sail again... let's spring for a suite. We had an AE on the aft and fell in love with the suite perks. We booked a one nighter in a balcony but when we got on board they upsold us to an A3. Next I won an auction and got an courtyard villa on the Pearl. I really do think it would be difficult but doable to go with the original plan of a balcony (on the aft of course) if and when we are able to go to Alaska. Alaskan cruises are so expensive that I don't think a suite would be in the budget. (hmmm... on the other hand we wouldn't have to pay for airfare and hotel before/after...maybe... lol)

Tough one . If we sail NCL its always a suite , if its another line we can handle a balcony . Why ? becuase NCL really treats suite guests well . The other lines it makes no difference other than size of the cabin..;)

Very good point....we almost always book a suite, we booked a pricey one on Princess last year and the only difference was the size of the room....not much towards the perks....:cool:

Where did you hear that? On Princess, for example, suite guests get free laundry/dry cleaning, free unlimited Internet, access to DVD library, free mini-bar set-up, unlimited use of the thermal suite, exclusive breakfast in Sabatini's Restaurant, priority embarkation & debarkation, etc.

Where did you hear that? On Princess, for example, suite guests get free laundry/dry cleaning, free unlimited Internet, access to DVD library, free mini-bar set-up, unlimited use of the thermal suite, exclusive breakfast in Sabatini's Restaurant, priority embarkation & debarkation, etc.

I just sailed on Princess last May and there was no priority embarkation or debarkation and I was in a PS suite.....Also all the things u mentioned above are the same as NCL suites plus NCL has much more.....

I just sailed on Princess last May and there was no priority embarkation or debarkation and I was in a PS suite.....Also all the things u mentioned above are the same as NCL suites plus NCL has much more.....

No argument there, it was just that the poster led on that NCL was the only one offering such things, which of course is incorrect. Suites on Princess do get the priority embarkation- in a special line, though. It is my understanding that suite guests can debark at any time as well.

GF and I just sailed Carnvail due to the fac that it was a 8 day cruise in which we only had to take 5 days of leave. We missed our butler and consigure (sp) along with other little things that we get with NCL We will most likely stick with NCL unless there we can sail more and use less leave

I just asked hubby this and he said "It's was hard to back to our house after being in the garden villa" LOL : )

anywho~ We willl only book a suite or better and after to being in the GV, it would be hard to go back to a suite : ) : )

It makes traveling with kids/babies just so much easier...and even if it were just the 2 of us going, we would book a OS.

After having a balcony on my first cruise we decided to try a AD suite on the second. We were so happy with the experiance we booked another one for our third cruise and again had great time. Thinking that this sort of service and experiance was the same for all cruise lines we booked a grand suite on Legend of the Seas, we were wrong! I will be careful before booking suites and indeed cruises with other cruise lines apart from Star/NCL in the future.

We've only had a true suite (AB) once ... 12-day Baltic. It ... was ... incredible! We usually get a BA or an AF so were completely spoiled with the AB we had in the Baltics.

Unfortunately, we can't afford to cruise like we do ... 3x's a year ... and get an AB each time. Wish we could ... BUT, I also don't want to cut down on the number of cruises ... :o

~dianne

Unfortunately' date=' we can't afford to cruise like we do ... 3x's a year ... and get an AB each time. Wish we could ... BUT, I also don't want to cut down on the number of cruises ... :o[/font']

~dianne

:D I've decided I need to change my screen name to "Cruise_Less_Often_But_Only_In_a_Suite". :D We would much rather limit our cruises in order to cruise in suites on NCL. Ahhhhh.

:D I've decided I need to change my screen name to "Cruise_Less_Often_But_Only_In_a_Suite". :D We would much rather limit our cruises in order to cruise in suites on NCL. Ahhhhh.

Ha ha ha, Adele! You're too funny! But, I'll bet nobody else has that name!!! LOL ...

Bill and I have talked about that ... but there are some itins that come up that we just can't pass up. Oh well ... :o

HOW ARE YOU, A???? We're good ...

~d

Ha ha ha' date=' Adele! You're too funny! But, I'll bet nobody else has that name!!! LOL ...[/font']

Bill and I have talked about that ... but there are some itins that come up that we just can't pass up. Oh well ... :o

HOW ARE YOU, A???? We're good ...

~d

I'm trying to talk Cliff into posting on the boards and get that name. :D

We're good, D! Sending you an email.

My only cruise so far, has been in the OS on Sky. I studied the board and booked an aft BA, only to get the OS upsold. Now I am sold. AE on the Pearl next year. One thing to consider, if the cost of having a sit-down exquisite breakfast and lunch daily in Cagney's. That help with the math. I figure for the meals I would be willing to pay at least $100 a day more.:)

Every cruise before my last cruise was in a mini suite. Last cruise was in an owners suite. I liked so much that when I off the cruise , two days later I booked two owners suites for the next cruise, one for me and my wife and the other for my parents. They never even had balcony. Can't wait till they see the owners suite. If you have a few extra dollars to spend the suite is the way to go on NCL. They just know how to do that little extra for their suite guests.

I took my first NCL crusie the end of May. Was in a mini suite and the travel agent told me for $80 bucks and a $50 buck ship credit i can get a penthouse suite. That was the best decision I made without even knowing the perks.

The best is being able to eat in cagneys for brekie and lunch.

Not really into the butler thing but the concierge, Adrian was the best.

If you can do it book a suite

Only drawback is NCL does not discount for single passengers traveling alone

I know epic does but that cabin is not for me

Enjoy

MK

I love sailing in a full suite and love the suite perks and extra space. I will say that I will sail in a standard balcony cabin or mini-suite depending on the ship and itinerary.

If it is a standard Caribbean cruise I'll take the suite. If it's a more expensive or longer cruise in another part of the world then it's a lesser priced cabin. I can use the difference for the extra airfare, tours and the overall cost of the cruise.

Suites are wonderful but not something that determines if I sail or not.

Take care,

Mike

Well said Mike!! That's exactly what we do.

Have sailed in an Owners Suite on Celebrity, a Grand Suite on RCL and a regular balcony (Ok a mini 'suite') on NCL. If it means we sail then we don't need a suite .. it would be nice to sail only in suites but it's not always possible. Now, I don't think we could go from a balcony cabin to something on the inside or with a window .. am too claustrophobic for that

Sailed Princess this past July in a VS suite . Sorry they dont hold a candle to NCL when discussing suites.

Special line for embarking please . it was no different than the line right next to me , we all waited..

The one thing that really made me chuckle was the fact that if you would like to order a cheese plate or other pupu plater for cocktails in the cabin they require 6 hours advanced notice :eek: With NCL if its within there power its done. Period..

Archived