What non-alcoholic frozen drinks would you recommend?

Jo and Rob

I'm considering the premium non-alcoholic which includes non-alcoholic frozen drinks. We don't really have frozen drinks in the UK so I would appreciate your tasty recommendations.

Please explain what it is called as well as what is in it!! ;)

I'm considering the premium non-alcoholic which includes non-alcoholic frozen drinks. We don't really have frozen drinks in the UK so I would appreciate your tasty recommendations.

Please explain what it is called as well as what is in it!! ;)

A Virgin Pina Coloda is usually quite popular. Pineapple Juice, Cococunt

Milk and I am sure they could put some vanilla ice cream in it for you.:D

The real one has rum in it...that is what they would leave out.

A Virgin Pina Coloda is usually quite popular. Pineapple Juice, Cococunt

Milk and I am sure they could put some vanilla ice cream in it for you.:D

The real one has rum in it...that is what they would leave out.

hmm, I forgot to say I don't like coconut!

You could just ask the bartender to mix some fruit juices together,

add ice and put it all in the blender. You would have a fruity drink

without the booze in it.:)

Any more suggestions?

It's hard to suggest things you might like without knowing your taste in beverages. That said, nearly any frozen drink can be made "virgin," so I would suggest that you peruse the bar menus that are floating around and see which frozen drinks appeal to you, then ask for a "virgin _________" when you're on the ship. Chances are, they'll have no trouble making one for you.

I like anything that doesn't have coconut in it!

Fruity is good. I liked the strawberry daquiri mocktail on Princess so anything like that would be great!

I remember on a Sandals holiday I loved the mudslide but is that possible as a mocktail? I did try looking at the bar menus but they seem to have such a lot of alcohol in them ice would be the only ingredient left!

Can you think of any creamy mocktails that are made without coconut?

I think I remember one of the bars having a booklet of different fruit smoothies available. That might be your best bet for a fruity, frozen non-alcoholic concoction. Perhaps the menu is out there somewhere on Cruise Critic for the smoothies. The Aqua spa cafe may also have fruit smoothies (not 100% sure).

Creamy drinks without alcohol are basically just milkshakes. A "virgin" mudslide would probably be ice cream, coffee syrup and chocolate syrup. Again, I'm sure the bartenders on the ship would be happy to tell you what they can and can't do with the various things on their menus, and would likely make you a custom drink as well.

Yes, we have had virgin Chocolate mudslides. I also really like the virgin Chocolate Banana. There are also various types of virgin daiquirs, in addition to the strawberry, such as guava, plus mixtures of these in layers. The Love Connection and Miami Vice are two of these.

Someone has posted a listing of the non-alcoholic drinks that Celebrity has on their menus--there is a thread about this, so I suggest that you check this too.

Jo and Rob,

The following linked pages may give you some additional ideas.

The first one is a PDF that contains Celebrity drink menus.

You have to move your mouse toward the right side to find and use a built-in page-enlarger, in order to be able to read the second one.

The third one is the thread to which Kathy ("montgomeryfamily") just referred.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=160581&d=1277672688

http://schplinky.smugmug.com/Solstice-2010/Bar-Menus/12454637_Aaaum#891894624_SCNbe

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1225616

Have fun!

My Gosh Jo and Rob!!! A non-alcoholic frozen drink?!?! Are you trying to poison yourselves! I mean, drink something that is suppose to have booze in it and it Doesn't! Sounds like basphemy to me!

When your brain sees that beautiful frozen drink with an umbrella and funny fruits hanging out of it, and you then take a sip and it realizes there isn't any rum, vodka, gin.....it could be disaster! The shock could be overwhelming.

OK, do as you wish, but I'm warning you, a Cuba Libra (Ok, not a frozen drink) without Rum is just a Coke!!

Edit: I just saw the other thread about non-alcoholic drinks....what is this forum coming to!!

Denny

Archived