Sigh... Was hoping for a better forecast...

milford_cruiser

How could anybody moan? It's Alaska and I will take it no matter what the weather is. I see absolutely only positive with Alaska and I am grateful to be there. I also welcome the change in weather and the coolness, if it is, as at home the weather in the summer, can be 100 degrees or warmer.

So I'm just writing to moan for a bit...

Just took a walk through the long-range forecasts at weather.com since we depart on Saturday for Fairbanks to start our 14-day southbound journey. In one word? "Not good".

I can only hope that the weatherman has it wrong, or good karma will come my way, and it won't be QUITE as rainy as they predict.

In any case, I'll just wear layers and enjoy whatever comes my way!

Hope you are enjoying the BEST weather in the Anchorage/Seward/Denali area. Its been absolutely gorgeous since July 4th. I was able to see Denali VERY CLEARLY for the past 3 days. The highway between Denali and Anchorage was lined up with people pulling off the road to get various Photo Shots. I was able to see Denali even from Anchorage - clear view. When I took the Wonder Lake shuttle tour the driver said she didn't know the names of some of the mountains because she rarely gets to see all of them so clearly. Weather.com and Accuweather were both completely wrong .

• 2 weeks later...
Hope you are enjoying the BEST weather in the Anchorage/Seward/Denali area. Its been absolutely gorgeous since July 4th. I was able to see Denali VERY CLEARLY for the past 3 days. The highway between Denali and Anchorage was lined up with people pulling off the road to get various Photo Shots. I was able to see Denali even from Anchorage - clear view. When I took the Wonder Lake shuttle tour the driver said she didn't know the names of some of the mountains because she rarely gets to see all of them so clearly. Weather.com and Accuweather were both completely wrong .

You've got THAT right!

We were on the TWT in Denali for an absolutely perfect sunny day on 7/7. There was really only a couple of rain days the entire trip (just came back yesterday). So those that are reading this thread and others with weather worries, fear not - just go and enjoy the BEAUTIFUL scenery and WONDERFUL people!

Archived