Where to stay the night before?

shoopa3

We will be driving down the Friday prior to sailing, and wanted to know if anyone stayed at the "Red Roof Inns" in Miami, FL?

We haven't stayed there but we have made reservations at the Mariott Bayfront. It's about $100 for the night and we'll be able to see th ship from our room...Would be great to see you there.

how many people in your group? If you need a room for 5 I suggest the Hilton on Biscayne Bay. They have a mini-suite at a good price. Lots of people stay at the holiday inn by bayside, near the terminal. For more options go to the port of call boards for miami

I stayed at the Marriott Bayside (is that the one you mean?) a few years ago and we really liked it. We paid waaaaaay more than $100 so if you can get it for that, I would snap it up. It's a pretty quick and reasonable cab ride to the port from there.

I have also stayed at the Hyatt Place near the airport and they offer shuttle service to/from the airport and possibly the port. It was also fine.

Lots of people stay at the Holiday Inn Bayfront. It's an older hotel but the location is perfect as it is directly across the street from the Bayside Mall which is fun for the evening pre-cruise.

If we fly in we stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami right across the street from Bayside. Last year we met some CC members also from NC on the Pearl who stayed at the LaQuinta at the airport. Free parking for 7 days and they will shuttle you to the port for free. You have to pay for a cab on the return. They said it was great for just the one night. So, we're trying that this year because we are on a 2 week cruise. I'm paying $65 and after 7 days it's $5 a day to park! The port I think is $20 a day and so are area hotels. We're stopping at Kennedy Space Center on the way down and will come into Miami late in the afternoon and we've been to Bayside so many times, time to go explore elsewhere.

We haven't stayed there but we have made reservations at the Mariott Bayfront. It's about $100 for the night and we'll be able to see th ship from our room...Would be great to see you there.

That's we're we will be staying in September - Marriott Biscayne Bay.

No, it's the Convention Center one right downtown. Beautiful, and the people mover free train leaves right from it.

http://miamiregency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

That's the same hotel silly. :)

The Address for both is 400 South East Second Avenue.

One site is the main Hyatt site and the other is the Hyatt Regency Miami mini site but both the same hotel.

Thanks for the tip off though I think I shall book this right now.

That's the same hotel silly. :)

The Address for both is 400 South East Second Avenue.

One site is the main Hyatt site and the other is the Hyatt Regency Miami mini site but both the same hotel.

Thanks for the tip off though I think I shall book this right now.

lol sorry when i first clicked on that the airport one showed up? We really enjoyed it there, it's mainly a business hotel but just jump on the people mover and you're at Bayside in a few minutes. Great elevated pool, and stunning city views.

lol sorry when i first clicked on that the airport one showed up? We really enjoyed it there, it's mainly a business hotel but just jump on the people mover and you're at Bayside in a few minutes. Great elevated pool, and stunning city views.

It made me laugh anyway :D

Hi Everyone -

I just got an email from Jetsetter.com - they are a membership travel site (free to join) and they do daily hotel and resort special pricing.

Today is the Sanctuary Miami in South Beach and it was $115 for a 600 sq ft suite and $145 for a 720 sq. ft. suite. South Beach is only a few minutes away by cab from the ship and will give you a lot to see and do the night before.

Just thought I'd pass this along.

Archived