Does'nt anyone like to ......

pozz

Cruise in the winter,to get away from the winter month's,it seams everyone just cruises during warm and hurrican seasons.What's up,or ie it a price cost thing ,let me know:)

A lot of people cruise in the winter, thus ships are still sailing all year.

Some people don't like to cruise around the holidays, others wait for school to be out, some look for price point, but people cruise all year. The ships wouldn't be going out if they were not near capacity.

No longer tied to the school calendar....we avoid the "summer time"...

August 19th will be our last "summer cruise" (a quick 4 day for the oldest before he starts his Senior year in College)....

Cruise in the winter,to get away from the winter month's,it seams everyone just cruises during warm and hurrican seasons.What's up,or ie it a price cost thing ,let me know:)

I have taken 5 cruises to date. Three in November, one in December, and one in May.

i would love to cruise in the winter but i am afraid too book then. i live in the midwest and have to fly to any port the ships leave from. our area is unpredictable for bad storms to stop me from leaving my home airport even though i always go the day before. for me it is a financial dicision i cant afford to take a chance on. sure wish i could though.

We have done 9 cruises between late November and mid-March with most of them in December and January. Great time to be in Mexico or the Carribean. Air and water temps in the upper 70's thru 80's.

We are looking at a trip to the Bahamas in September only because we are afraid that the water will be too cold for snorkeling if we go in the winter.

We have always cruised in the cold months, except for our honeymoon cruise which was in September.

Anytime we can get away from the cold for a few days, we jump at the chance!

We've cruised twice over Thanksgiving, but agreed the water's just too cold (both eastern and western Caribbean.) We mainly did it anyway, because our teenage DD had a week off from school. We prefer the warm water of the summer. Plus, Texas winters aren't too horrendous for us.:) We definitely love to cruise in the summer!

When I first started cruising 40+ years ago, the winter months WERE the peak season. Sane people did not cruise the TROPICS in the summertime. But people did not take kids on cruises then. As cruising became more and more a family vacation, the peak season moved to the summer so kids would not miss school. Winter months there are about as many 1st and 2nd pax in a cabin, but the summers will have many more 3rd & 4th pax in cabins. Rates get deeply discounted in winter months to fill ships. We cruise in winter all the time. NEVER in summer. Kids, HOT, kids, Humid, kids, Expensive, kids!:rolleyes::D

This December will be the first time we have cruised in winter, but so looking forward to it...New orleans will be decorated and so will the ship, and less kids during that time of the year....Only thing I worry about is getting stuck out in the Gulf on the day we disembark, since we have flights out that day...but I will just try to keep thinking positive:D Other than that I can't wait to experience the Carribbean in the winter...cause it is so darned hot during the summer.

We live near Houston, so we don't have winters here like some places. But for us, our 1st cruise will be in Oct & our 2nd in Dec, without the kids because of school. Will have to cruise in the summer with them.

I ALWAYS cruise during the fall, winter, and spring. I AVOID summer whenever possible, because of the higher prices, kids, and HOT, HOT, HOT weather. Winter, IMO, is the absolute BEST time to cruise.

"SKY"

HappyFourthStars.gif

Hope everyone has one!

We always cruise during the winter. The water was only cool one time. The rest has been great. Our business is why we cruise then. Summer is to busy, and too HOT. We slow down and is quite around the end on Nov. and Dec., and my DS and DD always take their kids out of school. They let the teachers know ahead of time. Yes, there is one in high school too!

LOTS of people choose to cruise in the winter!

We are with LHP.....no longer tied to a school calendar, we typically cruise late January to mid-February. DH and I like to get out of the winter weather and once we get back it is not too much longer till we start to have some nicer early spring days ;).

Our cruises definately help us get through the winter months.

My favorite time to cruise - with my kids - is early March, so I guess that is still winter. It is a great way to do their spring break. Now my step-son is in a different school system, so we have never been able to take him along as his break is always at Easter.

I tried an August cruise last year to celebrate my 40th birtday, and wouldn't you know it, we couldn't dock @ St. Martin due to swells from the 1st hurricane of the year. Probably woudn't chose that again as the rates are much higher.

This year, went to Canada in mid-June - can't make that run in the winter!

We have a mid-December cruise for our 10th wedding anniversary.

My step-son doesn't graduate until mid-June, so we will be taking him in late June for his graduation present. Hoping that is early enough that the storms won't be brewing too badly yet.

I won't pay the rates for at Christmas and New Year's because you can take the exact cruise 3 months later, much cheaper.

So I think the answer to the OP's question is it often depends on family circumstances, causes for celeberation and schedules as to when we will cruise.

Well i got to say one thing,everyone that has gone cruising,all good stuff about,it is a vacation.....its got to better than being at work,or shoveling snow,right????? Is'nt any one going jan 29,2011,western caribean

Archived