Does'nt anyone like to ......

pozz

Cruise in the winter,to get away from the winter month's,it seams everyone just cruises during warm and hurrican seasons.What's up,or ie it a price cost thing ,let me know:)

It's certainly not a price cost thing as it cost more to cruise in the summer.

A lot of families cruise in the summer since that's when the kids are out of school.

What gives you the impression nobody cruises in the winter?

Bill

We only cruise in the winter months of January or February...breaks up the monotomy of all the snow on the ground and makes the winter go faster. Love knowing that when there is 3 ft of snow here...we will be on the warm beaches of the carribean.:D

Cruise in the winter,to get away from the winter month's,it seams everyone just cruises during warm and hurrican seasons.What's up,or ie it a price cost thing ,let me know:)

If I had the choice, I'd cruise exclusively from Dec-Feb. This year, we found rates we could not pass up in September and November. However, it was also easier for me to cruise year-round because my son was homeschooled. Now, with his entry back into the school system, we will have to take into account his breaks. Which sadly, are not Dec-Feb :( (except for Christmas and that is out due to price).

we prefer to cruise at the end of Jan, beginning of Feb, because of the nasty Wisconsin winters! That's about when it's coldest and snowiest, and when we're tired of the yuck. And then we come back all warm and relaxed and refreshed and it doesn't seem like it's all THAT long before it'll be spring. :)

However we can't always go then due to work or other constraints. And some itineraries (Mediterranean) are better during other months/seasons.

edited to add: we also love cruising in Jan/Feb because there are so few kids! woohoo!!

Pozz - I don't know how long you've lurked on the boards, but people tend to be on cc more and post more the closer they get to their cruise. It looks like you haven't been on long - thus you're seeing the posts from all the folks with cruises coming up in the next six months, versus next winter.

No longer tied to the school calendar....we avoid the "summer time"...

August 19th will be our last "summer cruise" (a quick 4 day for the oldest before he starts his Senior year in College)....

Our youngest will be in college july 25 to train with the soccer team, shes playing at a D1 college, thus she has to be there almost a month before college starts, however, we will be going to her games, which are all over the country, that said, we prefer to sail in May, after spring breaks and before kids get out of school, typically seems to be less people on the cruises, perhaps not a lot, but some. We sail on the dream in less than 2 weeks now, for sons wedding..if we had been able to choose we would have chosen May..but like good parents we are going and will have a wonderful time seeing our son get married on the beach :)

If I had the choice, I'd cruise exclusively from Dec-Feb.
Apologies in advance for taking this thread waaaay off topic! Vanessa, I read some of your posts about visiting (non-cruise) Italy, taking the train, etc. We are considering doing this (first time transatlantic!). I'd love to get some advice from you. Could you email me at sun dot diego at gmail dot com? Thanks!

Sorry again for the off topic post :)

We have enjoyed our Winter cruises. The Caribbean is beautiful in Jan and Feb.:D The prices have been good as well.

Up until this year we have always cruised during the first 2 weeks of December. September will be my first time taking a cruise during warm weather months. I like the idea of leaving the cold behind and wearing shorts and flip flops in December.

I am not tied to a school schedule, but I am limited to how many days I have in the holiday bank and how much money!

I would love to be able to afford to cruise twice a year all the time, but financially I can't...2011 will be down to one a year unless a massive windfall of lotto cash lads in my lap!

I cruise in Winter--January, February and then I like to get away in September for my birthday cuz it is too depressing to stay around for your birthday when your the only one who cares about it....so I go away and have my own fun. I turned 38 on the Triumph--great time, 40 on the Splendor--wonderful!!!!, and 41 will be on the Liberty!!!!!! I would have been on the Liberty for 39, but I wanted to see Half Moon Cay again and the Liberty was doing a Western route then...but the Liberty ended up going West cuz of Ike taking dead aim at the East and finally taking aim at Cuba and Gulf coast of Texas.....

Next year is the Bloggers cruise and I will be there....I had planned on Mexico on the Splendor at Spring Break with my teenaged niece (it would have been a Xmas/birthday/Gr 9 grad gift), but I want to meet John and this is the chance...sorry dear niece.....

I am not tied to a school schedule, but I am limited to how many days I have in the holiday bank and how much money!

I would love to be able to afford to cruise twice a year all the time, but financially I can't...2011 will be down to one a year unless a massive windfall of lotto cash lads in my lap!

I cruise in Winter--January, February and then I like to get away in September for my birthday cuz it is too depressing to stay around for your birthday when your the only one who cares about it....so I go away and have my own fun. I turned 38 on the Triumph--great time, 40 on the Splendor--wonderful!!!!, and 41 will be on the Liberty!!!!!! I would have been on the Liberty for 39, but I wanted to see Half Moon Cay again and the Liberty was doing a Western route then...but the Liberty ended up going West cuz of Ike taking dead aim at the East and finally taking aim at Cuba and Gulf coast of Texas.....

Next year is the Bloggers cruise and I will be there....I had planned on Mexico on the Splendor at Spring Break with my teenaged niece (it would have been a Xmas/birthday/Gr 9 grad gift), but I want to meet John and this is the chance...sorry dear niece.....

John who?:eek:;)

Bill

Cruise in the winter because the prices are right and hardly any kids.

To hot to cruise in the summer.

We live in the south so don't have snow or many cold days and we drive to florida, and Charleston ports so don't have to worry about plane fare.

We are just plain lucky.

I would love to go in the winter, but being a teacher is not very conducive to that:(

Ditto that! I would LOVE to have a year round schedule that gets a week off in October, and one in Feb. would be great as well. Don't see that happening any time soon, though:cool:

Archived