Trip Insurance

Lil Pups

My husband, myself, our daughter and our 2 grandsons are booked on the Liberty sailing on August 14th. We did not purchase travel insurance. My mother-in-law (90 years old) has taken a turn for the worse. My husband told me to purchase insurance for him if the worst case scenario should occur. I called Carnival and was told to call Berkely directly to see if they cover a passenger who cannot sail because of a death. I find this rather strange that they would not know the answer to this. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thx

It really isn't odd that they would direct you to the insurance company. Carnival acts as a middle man selling the insurance for another company. It would make sense to go direct to the insurer for information.

There are policies out there that allow cancellation 'for any reason' but they are kinda pricey. If you google 'vacation insurance cancel for any reason' you'll get a bunch to review.

Hope all turns out well for you and your family.

My husband, myself, our daughter and our 2 grandsons are booked on the Liberty sailing on August 14th. We did not purchase travel insurance. My mother-in-law (90 years old) has taken a turn for the worse. My husband told me to purchase insurance for him if the worst case scenario should occur. I called Carnival and was told to call Berkely directly to see if they cover a passenger who cannot sail because of a death. I find this rather strange that they would not know the answer to this. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thx

It is unfortunately quite likely that you'll not be able to find a policy at this late date to cover what you need. Pre-existing conditions -- either in yourself or immediate family -- usually aren't covered unless you buy the insurance within days of booking the cruise.

As was already said, Carnival is just a seller..they don't write the policies. It sounds like this insurance was offered to you by CArnival? Many of us don't buy any insurance offered by the cruise company (Carnival or any other), but instead go to an outside company. The insurance is often less money for better coverage.

insuremytrip.com is one place where you can start exploring your options. Also check your husband's credit cards..some of them have some degree of travel insurance, which may or may not be useful.

I'm sorry this is happening for you!

Archived