Question for the ladies. Carnival valor

Theresa522

I leave in four days on the Valor. I really do not want to take my hair-dryer however my hair is very long. Are the Carnival hair dyers any good? Or will it take forever for me to blowout my hair?

Thanks for the help.

I leave in four days on the Valor. I really do not want to take my hair-dryer however my hair is very long. Are the Carnival hair dyers any good? Or will it take forever for me to blowout my hair?

Thanks for the help.

Had an inside on the Valor last November. Have long but not so thick hair. Dryer was a PITA (too weak, short cord attached to a pull out drawer, located by the bed). Took forever to dry my hair. By Day 3, I gave up and only toughed it out for elegant night. With that said, I probably won't pack one for my next cruise. Yes, it was a pain but the idea of lugging a blow dryer cross country in a suitcase I'm having to pay for with a weight limit... not so much. Hair clips and scrunchies became my friend.

~ Sheryl

Worked fine for me and I have long, wavy hair.

It dried much faster if I flipped my head upside down and dried it that way. I just used some smoothing cream to tame it after. I don't have room for a blowdryer so I make do with what's there.

I also tend to clip back my hair tho especially when it's hot.

Seems they have upgraded the dryers a little - at least it was upgraded on the Glory in June. On other trips, the dryer didn't even have an on switch - you had to hold a button down. Got a good tip on the boards to take a heavy-duty rubberband (like the kind that holds broccoli stalks together). Worked like a charm.

Get a smaller travel hair dryer and bring your own - you never know the 'condition' of the dryer you will get. Also on some ships the 'dryer' is located in the bathroom - no thanks - I am trying to avoid 'humidity' not try to dry my hair in a rainforest! :D

Had an inside on the Valor last November. Have long but not so thick hair. Dryer was a PITA (too weak, short cord attached to a pull out drawer, located by the bed). Took forever to dry my hair. By Day 3, I gave up and only toughed it out for elegant night. With that said, I probably won't pack one for my next cruise. Yes, it was a pain but the idea of lugging a blow dryer cross country in a suitcase I'm having to pay for with a weight limit... not so much. Hair clips and scrunchies became my friend.

~ Sheryl

What does PITA mean?

What does PITA mean?

pain in the ***

To OP, I agree with other posters. It's a weak dryer that takes forever. Pack a small travel dryer. It doesn't take much room and really doesn't weigh that much. You'll be glad you brought it.

I agree with the comments about the onboard dryers. Never know what wattage you will get. I took my dryer, because I can handle it better than most other dryers. Small and compact!

Enjoy!

pain in the ***

To OP, I agree with other posters. It's a weak dryer that takes forever. Pack a small travel dryer. It doesn't take much room and really doesn't weigh that much. You'll be glad you brought it.

Ok, now PITA makes sense. What planet have I been on!!!

I agree with the comments about the onboard dryers. Never know what wattage you will get. I took my dryer, because I can handle it better than most other dryers. Small and compact!

Enjoy!

In all of the cabins that I have been in that have included dryers, they have been 1200 watts.

I have never had a problem with the dryers. I would rather use theirs and take a little longer to dry my hair, then take mine and use up valuable luggage space.

I used the Carnival-provided hair dryer once, and it took FOREVER to dry my hair! I now pack my own (1850 watts) in my carry-on bag (along with my flat iron), and I never have any more problems with my hair looking awesome!

We just came back from the Valor...I thought they were adequate but I only used it once before dinner. The location in that drawer is pretty odd. If you bring your hair dryer, take along something for additional outlets. I found a Belkin one about 4 inches long with a swivel head and a USB port of the kid's ipods to be charged. I think it had four outlets on it. It helped tremendously for all the power needs.

Archived