Miami Hotel Recommendation??

Dpeeps

We are cruising out of Miami in mid October with a large group of people and looking for a hotel near the port. Does anyone have any suggestions? The last time we cruised out of Miami we stayed in South Beach, but since there are alot coming this time we were looking to get a little closer to the port. I have read about the bayside marketplace...maybe somewhere near there??? Does anyone know how far that is from the actual beach? Thanx for any help here!!

Go to http://www.lastminutetravel.com. Put in Miami downtown and ask for a 5 star hotel. It doesn't name the hotel, but it should come up as the Intercontinental Hotel (a wonderful hotel 1/2 mile from the port and if you request a bayside room when you check-in you'll be able to actually see the ships in port). If you click on "more info" it will list that it's across from Bayside Market...that way you'll know it's Intercontinental Hotel. It's going for $87/night, which is an absolute steal (the hotel typically goes for $250-$500/night). I just booked a friend of mine for mid October for that rate.

Jo-Ann

If you want to stay near Bayside (as I mentioned, the Intercontinental Miami at Chopin Plaza is still available for your date for $87/night...I would run, not walk, to grab that rate since it's a first rate hotel), it's about a 10 minute taxi ride to the beach. You can take a taxi or bus. The IC is right across the street from Bayside as well as being a stone's throw from the port. I highly recommend it. I wish I were going in October so I could get that rate, but we're staying there in February. It's our hotel of choice everytime we cruise out of Miami.

hey...thanx alot!!! just booked the Intercontinental!! just like you suggested!! and I called my sis and she did it too!! I couldnt have done it without your suggestion! :)

You're very welcome. Glad I could help.

If you want a recommendation for a great restaurant (while Bayside is nice to walk around and have a drink, the restaurants aren't the greatest...just typical touristy type), I would recommend Puntino's. It's a 3 minute walk from the Intercontinental and the food is phenomenal....authentic Italian...not that Olive Garden stuff. And the prices are extremely reasonable for a downtown Miami hotel of this caliber. Check out their menu. It's not a very large restaurant, so I would suggest making a reservation ahead of time.

http://puntinodowntown.com/

Jo-Ann

You're very welcome. Glad I could help.

If you want a recommendation for a great restaurant (while Bayside is nice to walk around and have a drink, the restaurants aren't the greatest...just typical touristy type), I would recommend Puntino's. It's a 3 minute walk from the Intercontinental and the food is phenomenal....authentic Italian...not that Olive Garden stuff. And the prices are extremely reasonable for a downtown Miami hotel of this caliber. Check out their menu. It's not a very large restaurant, so I would suggest making a reservation ahead of time.

http://puntinodowntown.com/

Jo-Ann

Jo-Ann thank you so much for the recommendation. We will be staying in downtown Miami next month. Do you have any suggestions for breakfast? we are staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay.

If you want to stay near Bayside (as I mentioned, the Intercontinental Miami at Chopin Plaza is still available for your date for $87/night...I would run, not walk, to grab that rate since it's a first rate hotel), it's about a 10 minute taxi ride to the beach. You can take a taxi or bus. The IC is right across the street from Bayside as well as being a stone's throw from the port. I highly recommend it. I wish I were going in October so I could get that rate, but we're staying there in February. It's our hotel of choice everytime we cruise out of Miami.

Woohoo! Thank you very much jerseygirl3, our rate was $84 for the intercontinental, thats a great find!

Mark

Jo-Ann,

What's the price of cab fare from MIA to the hotel and then to the Port?

Thanks!

I believe the cab fare from MIA to the Intercontinental (make sure you tell the cab driver it's the IC at Chopin Plaza) is about $25 with gratuity. From the hotel to the port, it's probably about $10.

Jo-Ann

Jo-Ann thank you so much for the recommendation. We will be staying in downtown Miami next month. Do you have any suggestions for breakfast? we are staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay.

I don't really have any specific recommendations for breakfast, but I do know the Latin American Cafe at Bayside Market opens at 7 a.m. You can eat breakfast waterside since it's Bayside is a marina.

Glad to all who got the IC for that rate! You're going to love this hotel. And for anybody interested in spa treatments, their spa is fabulous.

Jo-Ann

Go to http://www.lastminutetravel.com. Put in Miami downtown and ask for a 5 star hotel. It doesn't name the hotel, but it should come up as the Intercontinental Hotel (a wonderful hotel 1/2 mile from the port and if you request a bayside room when you check-in you'll be able to actually see the ships in port). If you click on "more info" it will list that it's across from Bayside Market...that way you'll know it's Intercontinental Hotel. It's going for $87/night, which is an absolute steal (the hotel typically goes for $250-$500/night). I just booked a friend of mine for mid October for that rate.

Jo-Ann

Thanks so much Jerseygirl3. You have started a wave of savings for us Miami port cruisers. We are cruising in November, and I was also able to get a room for $87 a night. Your the best! Thanks so much!

Jo-Ann

Thanks so much for the tip Jersey Girl 3. We were able to book the IC for $87 for our November cruise on Celebrity. You have saved so many of us hundreds of dollars and we are able to stay at a great hotel! Your the best!

My cruise leaves on Monday July 12th. I took the suggestions and booked a hotel for the day before on lastminutetravel.com. The booking was done this morning and it is still showing a status of "request". How soon do they tell you that the hotel is actually booked? I fly out Sunday and am worried that I might not have a hotel to go to. Their reservation does show the Intercontinental.

I just canceled my reservation at the Holiday Inn and booked the Intercontinental for half the price. Thanks for the tip.

Go to www.lastminutetravel.com. Put in Miami downtown and ask for a 5 star hotel. It doesn't name the hotel, but it should come up as the Intercontinental Hotel (a wonderful hotel 1/2 mile from the port and if you request a bayside room when you check-in you'll be able to actually see the ships in port). If you click on "more info" it will list that it's across from Bayside Market...that way you'll know it's Intercontinental Hotel. It's going for $87/night, which is an absolute steal (the hotel typically goes for $250-$500/night). I just booked a friend of mine for mid October for that rate.

Jo-Ann

I just canceled my reservation at the Holiday Inn and booked the Intercontinental for half the price. Thanks for the tip.

I am still waiting for my second email to tell me that the Intercontinental is actually booked. Did you get a 2nd email from lastminutetravel telling you the status is now changed from "request". I leave on Sunday and am getting concerned that they have not fully booked me. I did call them yesterday and they said they wait for the hotel to respond back. This can take 24 hours to 48 hours. That is cutting it fine for me since that would be Sat the day before my travel. Will call them Sat if I have not had the full hotel confirmation.

Wow, sounds like lastminutetravel.com had a flurry of activity the past couple of days. Glad to hear you all got this wonderful hotel for a great price! Enjoy!!!

Jo-Ann

This morning, I finally got an email confirming my reservation at the IC. Being paranoid, I did call the hotel to make sure that I was in their system. All is well, can't wait to explore the shops and waterfront. Thanks for everyone who suggested lastminutetravel.com.

Archived