Miami Hotel Recommendation??

Dpeeps

That's what I was afraid of, need to find a place to park the car during - was hoping not at port for $20 a day which could pay for a hotel night prior :(

Thank you Snausman!

I think you are going to have trouble finding a place to park your car for the trip in downtown Miami that won't cost a arm and a leg. You might find something out by the airport that has a stay, park and shuttle. Good luck.

Wow that worked great. If you are already a member of lastminutetravel.com you must log in first. I got hung up and called them and they put in the reservation at their end and confirmed the name prior to finalization. The rate was $96 complete with taxes included. My travel date is 9/24 to pick up the NCL Epic on 9/25.

I did 1 room w/ 2 adults. Did it again just now...no available results found. I even went to the IC website and searched and nothing was available. Any other hotels near there that are nice?

Something is not right here. I just went there again and found the IC with no problems. So lets do a walk thru and see what you are picking and what I am picking..ok.

Ok, I am going to lastminutetravel.com

select hotels

then typing in Miami

it will give a list of areas, pick Miami FL, USA

select 5 stars

downtown area

hotel should be the first one for 84.00

is this what you were doing???

I did this one again so I could see what I was picking and got the hotel again with no problems.

I would also like to thank Jerseygirl3. I booked last Thursday for November 19 and received a confirmation for $93.06 tax in at the Intercontinental (IC).

For those of you who might be worried about lastminutetravel.com let me add this.

I received a confirmation from the lastminute website 24 hours after booking. I then contacted the IC and the reservation number I had was not recognized by the front desk. IC numbers begin with a 6 and are 8 digits.

I then phoned Lastminutetravel and they said that the reservation was approved and confirmed and the reference # in the first email is their number. The reservations are then sent periodically to the hotels and are followed up with another email with confirmation number listed. They said that they would expidite my request for the second email.

I received a second email within a few hours with the added confirmation number. Contacted IC and they now have confirmed my reservation.

Thanks again, Jerseygirl3. It is members like you that make this forum so great. Hopefully I will be able to help others like you did in the future.

Thank you all for the info on LMT hotel booking in Miami. Does anyone know if they charge you the parking fee if you are not "parking"? Also, is the most cost effective way to get to the hotel via cab and what is the cost? What about cab cost to the pier???

We are sailing on Norwegian Epic 10/23...wish it was tomorrow. :) Thanks for any and all help.

Thank you all for the info on LMT hotel booking in Miami. Does anyone know if they charge you the parking fee if you are not "parking"? Also, is the most cost effective way to get to the hotel via cab and what is the cost? What about cab cost to the pier???

We are sailing on Norwegian Epic 10/23...wish it was tomorrow. :) Thanks for any and all help.

I'm not sure I understand your question regarding "parking." Do you mean you don't have a car to park? If that's the case, there would be no parking fee imposed.

As far as the least effective way to get to the port, a cab from the hotel is about $10. Not sure which airport you are coming from; from MIA to hotel the cost would be about $25 with tip and from FLL about $75. If you're coming from FLL, it would be more cost effective (if there are only two pax) to take a shuttle (SAS Transportation is reliable and charges $15/pp each way plus grat.).

Jo-Ann

OK, I am a RETARD. :o Finally got "Downtown Miami"...but no hotels available for 11/28. :(

I get 13 different results for 11/28/2010 for one night for two adults, starting with the 5 star Intercontinental and the 4.5 star Hyatt - both for $84.

I get 13 different results for 11/28/2010 for one night for two adults, starting with the 5 star Intercontinental and the 4.5 star Hyatt - both for $84.

Thank you, I thought I was going nuts being able to see all the results and UGAMOM12 not seeing anything.

Laura

I have also been unsuccessful trying to get the IC on LMT for 1/7 - 1/9/2011. I am trying for 2 rooms with 3 adults and 1 child in each room 5* downtown Miami and it tells me that there is nothing available.

Maybe my dates are to far in advance for LMT ?????

Thank you, I thought I was going nuts being able to see all the results and UGAMOM12 not seeing anything.

Laura

Very, very weird...

I tried to book an additional night (after already booking 10/23) and can't get ANY results for ANY night. I tried 11/28 for two adults, too...just to see if that works for me and I get nothing either.

Very weird!

Very, very weird...

I tried to book an additional night (after already booking 10/23) and can't get ANY results for ANY night. I tried 11/28 for two adults, too...just to see if that works for me and I get nothing either.

Very weird!

And here I just got the same results with the IC the first one at 84.00 per night. Wonder what is going on.

Laura

I have also been unsuccessful trying to get the IC on LMT for 1/7 - 1/9/2011. I am trying for 2 rooms with 3 adults and 1 child in each room 5* downtown Miami and it tells me that there is nothing available.

I'm also looking for a hotel room in downtown Miami for Jan 22, 2011. I would like the IC given everyone's reviews. But right now all that's showing up as available is the Fortune House for $121 and the Epic for $232. The Hilton Miami Downtown shows as "on request" for $139. So I need a little advice. Should I book one of these hotels or am I also looking a little to early for January 2011?

Well, we've jumped on the bandwagon ourselves and booked through Lastminutetravel for $84 (plus taxes, fees - it came to $96.31 total) and to my complete lack of surprise the 5 star Downtown Miami is the Intercontinental. Hotel ID is 917 when you're looking at LMT's website (in the URL address).

Just like everyone else, I'm a little leery since this is a company I've not heard of other than on this board, but I know that if it were a complete rip-off there'd be a few hundred people here screaming their lungs inside out. It seems most who booked cruise after us - I'd love if some who booked ahead of us (11/13/10 is our night to stay at the Intercontinental) will confirm that their reservation worked a-ok!! Please?

I think its having more than 2 in each room ... you might have to book a extra room with 2 in each?? Try it and see.

We got 10/31 which someone else posted on this thread was sold out. ..good thing I didnt know it was sold out, because we had it confirmed right away. We also got 10/27 confirmed. We are doing the 3 day Liberty, one extra night in Miami, then going out on the 4 day Majesty. A almost B2B, so we have the hotel twice. No Problems

It looks like nothing yet for the IC past the end of December:(

Hi Guys - I too am looking for a Miami hotel... Just double-checking... Is this the right one? it says "NEXT TO" not ACROSS...

Is this it? My date 11/18 shows $116, JUST CHECKING THAT THIS IS THE RIGHT ONE... THANKS MUCH!

Centrally located next to Bayside Market Place

Hi Guys - I too am looking for a Miami hotel... Just double-checking... Is this the right one? it says "NEXT TO" not ACROSS...

Is this it? My date 11/18 shows $116, JUST CHECKING THAT THIS IS THE RIGHT ONE... THANKS MUCH!

Centrally located next to Bayside Market Place

It is the one that is listed for 84.00 dollars. The first one that shows up after you just pick 5 stars and downtown only. Just saw it for this price.

5-star hotel in Downtown Area/Miami spacer.gifudcv_arrow.png

Where’s the hotel name? The price is so low, we can’t reveal it yet. Learn more

Superior accommodations at the hotel is the ideal choice for your next unforgettable getaway Amazing city views and city excitement in walking distance, we await your arrival more info

Check Rates and Availability

$84

lowest avg nightly rate

You gain 0

TripleDip points

Regular Price:$84 Member Savings$ TripleDip gaining:0Members Pay:$84

bestValue_image_small.gif Room TypeStatusAvg Nightly Rate Standard Available $83.03 show detailsBook It

Since rates may change based on time of the year and demand, I'm not sure I'd advise booking it based on it being $84. Yes, also 5 star and Downtown, but another way is to click "more info" on Lastminutetravel's website and look at the URL address. It should say within that address hotelID=917. 917 is the Intercontinental.

Archived