Miami Hotel Recommendation??

Dpeeps

Does anyone know how long it takes for LMT to get a confirmation from the IC? I booked it on Thursday and it's now Monday with no confirmation (just a $2 hold placed on credit card from LMT). Should I be concerned that I'm not going to get the rate or, is it too soon to get concerned?

This will be our first trip out of Miami...thanks so much for the IC tip!!!

Does anyone know how long it takes for LMT to get a confirmation from the IC? I booked it on Thursday and it's now Monday with no confirmation (just a $2 hold placed on credit card from LMT). Should I be concerned that I'm not going to get the rate or, is it too soon to get concerned?

I believe I seen somewhere that you should hear something within 24 hours but I went through farebuzz. Of course I was looking for my confirmation less than 24 minutes later. :p Thank you to the poster who brought this great rate to my attention. I can't wait for my confirmation.

Since it has been so long I would contact them....

Same here....guess I'd better start calling!

Courtyard Miami Airport South $149, Nov. 7th, includes parking for a week and one way transportation to the port. Have to call.

Agreed....Just stayed there on 7/31 for our 8/1 trip. Hotel was perfect location and a short car ride ($75 for Red Limo) to the port. Would definetly stay there again.

I booked on 8/1/10 for one night (11/13/10) and got my confirmation 3 days later on Aug. 4th.

I just spoke with LMT and the IC came back as sold out for my Dec. 4th date. I'm flying in late that afternoon to MIA and need to meet up with other cruisers at Bubba Gumps not long after, so I want to stay in that Bayside area. Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami...or, could you recommend another hotel near there?

I would've loved to get the IC. It's still listed on LMT's site for that date...what are the chances of submitting for it again and it getting accepted?! (Just wishing...) :)

I think its having more than 2 in each room ... you might have to book a extra room with 2 in each?? Try it and see.

We got 10/31 which someone else posted on this thread was sold out. ..good thing I didnt know it was sold out, because we had it confirmed right away. We also got 10/27 confirmed. We are doing the 3 day Liberty, one extra night in Miami, then going out on the 4 day Majesty. A almost B2B, so we have the hotel twice. No Problems

Oct 30th is sold out, which is the night we needed before our Oct 31st cruise.

I just checked. the 30th is still sold out but the 31st has the IC available for $84 + taxes. I think it's cause on the 30th, the IC is one of the host hotels for the Ironman Triathalon

I just spoke with LMT and the IC came back as sold out for my Dec. 4th date. I'm flying in late that afternoon to MIA and need to meet up with other cruisers at Bubba Gumps not long after, so I want to stay in that Bayside area. Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami...or, could you recommend another hotel near there?

I would've loved to get the IC. It's still listed on LMT's site for that date...what are the chances of submitting for it again and it getting accepted?! (Just wishing...) :)

I tried for December 4th as well. I was so disapointed :confused:

I just looked at LMT for your date of Dec4th, and there is a 4.5* avaliable for $84 or $110 with breakfast. It says 612 rooms. This is the Hyatt. I stayed there in April. It is a short distance from Bayside and Bubba Grumps.

As I recall the breakfast buffet was $18 so you are probably better off with the $84 price.

Looking at the Intercontinental in Miami also for a pre cruise stay next spring. Have sailed out of Miami once before but flew in the day of sailing. I'm reading a lot about the Bayside Marketplace, looks like it might be a fun place to meet up with fellow cruisers. Anyone have a favourite watering hole or place you've eaten there? Any thing we should do or see there?

Thanks

Hi All,

Just caught the thread - we are looking for a nights accommodation on 20th Dec, pre-cruise on 21st Dec, on Oceania's, Regatta.

DH and I are Aussies, and first time visitors to Miami.

Is it worth us trying to use Priceline or farebuzz? BTW, what is LMT?

I looked on IC's website and room quoted was around $280. Appears as if we can do much better, but am a little apprehensive as we have never done so before?

IC sounds good as we too would like to see the Bayside Markets, Walgreens and would also need to buy some alcohol.

Any tips?

Many thanks.

Nicki

Hi All,

Just caught the thread - we are looking for a nights accommodation on 20th Dec, pre-cruise on 21st Dec, on Oceania's, Regatta.

DH and I are Aussies, and first time visitors to Miami.

Is it worth us trying to use Priceline or farebuzz? BTW, what is LMT?

I looked on IC's website and room quoted was around $280. Appears as if we can do much better, but am a little apprehensive as we have never done so before?

IC sounds good as we too would like to see the Bayside Markets, Walgreens and would also need to buy some alcohol.

Any tips?

Many thanks.

Nicki

it looks like the IC is available dec 20th at LMT for $84 + taxes. If you want to stay downtown, i'd snap this up in a heartbeat.

LMT= lastminutetravel dot com

We tried for the IC for our pre cruise stay in December, but it was sold out. I ended up booking the Hampton Inn at the airport. Does anyone have any experiences with this hotel? Are there any places to pick up a few things before the cruise..like shampoo, hair stuff etc... (we are bringing carry on only when we fly)

Really bummed that the 30th of Oct is not available fo rthe IC. Oh well, we get in very late so I guess we will just stay at the airport (thinking Hampton Inn - Blue Lagoon area). It's under $100 with AAA (cheaper if you go the non-refundable route) and free hot breakfast.

I was looking forward to waking up with a view of the Port - ah, well!

I also needed the 30th of oct and it doesnt even show up but when I check nov 5th it does. So my question is does anyone know what hotel is being offered for 90.00 this is still a 5star in downtown area miami

General Description

5 star accommodations

36 - story hotel

Contemporary style and décor

Close proximity to business district

Close proximity to shopping district

Major attractions located nearby

Great combination for business and pleasure

Air-conditioned public areas

Rooms/facilities for diabled guestss

Meeting Facilities

Fully equipped business center

20,000 –sq ft of event space for business meetings, conferences , and special occasions

Convention facilities

Event facilities

Accommodation

203 guestrooms

36 floors

Luxury guest rooms

Air conditioning

Cable/satellite television channels

Coffee/tea maker

Desk

Hair dryer

High-speed internet access

Wireless internet access

Voice mail

Safety deposit box

Pay movies

Parking

Valet parking

Parking fee: $32 per 24-hour

Description matches that of the Condrad Miami by Hilton.

1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL, 33131

• 36-story tower with a striking façade of glass and steel
  • Minimalist and contemporary design
  • Dine and socialize 25 stories in the sky at Level 25 featuring Atrio Restaurant & Wine Room, The Bar and The Room, a modern private event space overlooking the stunning Biscayne Bay
  • The Rooftop with private cabanas, large swimming pool, hot tub, two floodlit tennis courts and Soleil bar & grill
  • The Spa at Conrad Miami featuring ten treatment rooms and bespoke treatments work to nurture the skin, body and well-being.
  • Fitness Center at The Spa - adjacent to the spa, open 24 hours
  • Over 20,000 sq ft of meeting and event space
  • Walking distance to an array of shopping and entertainment destinations in Downtown Miami

I also needed the 30th of oct and it doesnt even show up but when I check nov 5th it does. So my question is does anyone know what hotel is being offered for 90.00 this is still a 5star in downtown area miami

General Description

5 star accommodations

36 - story hotel

Contemporary style and décor

Close proximity to business district

Close proximity to shopping district

Major attractions located nearby

Great combination for business and pleasure

Air-conditioned public areas

Rooms/facilities for diabled guestss

Meeting Facilities

Fully equipped business center

20,000 –sq ft of event space for business meetings, conferences , and special occasions

Convention facilities

Event facilities

Accommodation

203 guestrooms

36 floors

Luxury guest rooms

Air conditioning

Cable/satellite television channels

Coffee/tea maker

Desk

Hair dryer

High-speed internet access

Wireless internet access

Voice mail

Safety deposit box

Pay movies

Parking

Valet parking

Parking fee: $32 per 24-hour

203 rooms and 36 story is the Conrad.

My DD and I stayed at the Holiday Inn - POM last year and we were very pleased with it. In fact, my DH and I are staying there again in a few weeks! Also liked the fact that we could simply walk across the street to Bayside Market Place, which we really like Hope this helps!

Sue

I just saw on BetterBidding that someone bid $55 for Marriott Biscayne Bay for the same date I need. Wondering if I should try my luck at that vs staying at the Hampton Inn at the airport?? Decisions, decisions!

Thoughts??

Scrappy, that person booked at that rate last december. The other listing there for $93, is mine. I just booked my room on PL a week or so ago. Someone else on our roll call also got that hotel for $93 on PL.

So if you do try to bid on PL for the Biscayne Bay, know that $93 is the going rate about now. However, this was a week or so ago, so now that it's August, they might have a new set of rooms available at a lower rate, so who knows. But i just wanted to let you know that the $55 shown isn't likely going to happen. I started bidding at $52 and went up by just a few bucks at a time. Didn't win til i got to $93. Bidding 3.5* downtown and using Aventura, Dadeland, North Miami, West Miami & South Miami as free-rebid zones. (double check those zones before you bid though)

Geez, I just looked at LMT for January 13-14, which I realize is a LONG way out, and all the 5 star rates are $250-$500. If I just hang tight will it get better? That's way out of my price range for a $899 cruise!! I know that it 'the season' for Miami--any hints for that time of year?

Celebrity is having a great sale on their Aqua Class cabins in Jan--maybe I have to make that up on the front end for a hotel!

Thx Cathy

Does your email say 'Request' status? If so, you haven't got the hotel confirmation yet. I received the 'Request' email within minutes as well.

Mine says "Hotel reservation summary" with my info, the IC is listed with their info and a reservation #. Looks like a reservation.

Archived