Miami Hotel Recommendation??

Dpeeps

Thanks for responses on restaurants. We're thinking maybe Cuban or seafood. Anyone tried the Cuban cafeteria at Bayside?

But real question is...how far is the walk to Bayside Marketplace from the Intercontinental? Is it tiring for those who don't do a lot of walking?

Here is an idea from maps....keep centered on the "A" bubble in Downtown Miami and zoom in

You can also do the same on google earth and get a feel with seeing the topography.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Intercontinental+Miami&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Intercontinental&hnear=Miami,+FL&ei=NTuJTO_RGoWglAeo_sWUDw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CEoQtgMwAw

Thanks for responses on restaurants. We're thinking maybe Cuban or seafood. Anyone tried the Cuban cafeteria at Bayside?

But real question is...how far is the walk to Bayside Marketplace from the Intercontinental? Is it tiring for those who don't do a lot of walking?

Google earth pegs the distance at 1/4 mile as the crow flies. I would imagine that there would be plenty of benches in the park for you to rest on the way there if you need to.

Google earth pegs the distance at 1/4 mile as the crow flies. I would imagine that there would be plenty of benches in the park for you to rest on the way there if you need to.

oooohhhhh.....my guess was very close at 1/4 mile give or take.:D You can take the boy off the farm but not the fields out of the boy!

oooohhhhh.....my guess was very close at 1/4 mile give or take.:D You can take the boy off the farm but not the fields out of the boy!

There are plenty of benches and the walk takes about 10 minutes taking your time. The IC is a perfect location. Took about 10 minutes to get to the ships and they have taxis right at the front door. Hope this helps.

As said in previous post, depends whether you want Italian....but we are planning doing Puntino. The entrees are rather normal in cost. It would be something different for us. www.puntinodowntown.com is the web address.

Of course, there are other options in the Bayside Marketplace as well.

We are thinking of eating here. Have you eaten here before?? And do you know how far it is from the IC???

Laura

We are thinking of eating here. Have you eaten here before?? And do you know how far it is from the IC???

Laura

Laura,

No we have not been there. We ran across it on some thread on CC and it looked delightful. Be different from our typical midwestern bar/grill fare and mexican style food.

It appears that it is about 2 blocks as the crow flies...depending on where one can cross the street it might add 4 blocks if one has to get to where Mapquest suggested crossing.

Still an easy walk to do, I feel. Anyway for us. We will probably end up at Bayside for some Cafe Cubano shots.

Laura,

No we have not been there. We ran across it on some thread on CC and it looked delightful. Be different from our typical midwestern bar/grill fare and mexican style food.

It appears that it is about 2 blocks as the crow flies...depending on where one can cross the street it might add 4 blocks if one has to get to where Mapquest suggested crossing.

Still an easy walk to do, I feel. Anyway for us. We will probably end up at Bayside for some Cafe Cubano shots.

Thanks, I think I will call to see if I can make some reservations for us. If need be we can always grab a taxi. We will be there in Oct. when are you going to be going??? Wondering which of us is going to try it first.

Laura

I checked the map for Puntino and it appears to be right across the street from the Intercontinental, although walking directions led me to believe you cannot cross the street right there (the People Mover station is in the way)... the sidewalk to cross is down a block. But still easily walking distance. I think we're going to Puntino instead of Perricone's... although I've heard such good reviews for Perricone's the cost of a taxi plus the higher entree prices are not desirable to us. We're on a pretty tight budget.

Does anyone know anything about Sadigo Court in the South Beach area? It sounds lovely and reasonably priced. I think we will just keep our reservation there rather than risk the unknown ($150 for a Junior Suite with kitchen facing the courtyard, breakfast in the courtyard included).

Now I just need a cheap hotel in Miami for March 8 pre-cruise and my travel reservations will be complete!

BTW, re stay, park and fly's, I booked one night in Toronto with 15 days parking for less than a normal night's stay. :confused: What a deal!

I urge you to steer clear of 'cheap' hotels in Miami any time of the year. I'm a bit concerned about the rate for the Sadigo Court as that is really inexpensive.

I urge you to steer clear of 'cheap' hotels in Miami any time of the year. I'm a bit concerned about the rate for the Sadigo Court as that is really inexpensive.

On Expedia it was listed at $250 and Sadigo gets consistently high ratings. I am going to keep my booking for now and keep my ears open.

Thanks, I think I will call to see if I can make some reservations for us. If need be we can always grab a taxi. We will be there in Oct. when are you going to be going??? Wondering which of us is going to try it first.

Laura

We will be trying it on October 10th....I think you will win!!!!:D We are taking a quickie 4 nighter on Majesty of the Seas with my Sis and her husband. First time we will both be together on a trip. Will be a blast!!!!

Does anyone know anything about Sadigo Court in the South Beach area? It sounds lovely and reasonably priced. I think we will just keep our reservation there rather than risk the unknown ($150 for a Junior Suite with kitchen facing the courtyard, breakfast in the courtyard included).

Now I just need a cheap hotel in Miami for March 8 pre-cruise and my travel reservations will be complete!

BTW, re stay, park and fly's, I booked one night in Toronto with 15 days parking for less than a normal night's stay. :confused: What a deal!

Just do a Google search on "Sadigo Court South Beach" and you will find some favorable reviews for this property.

I checked the map for Puntino and it appears to be right across the street from the Intercontinental, although walking directions led me to believe you cannot cross the street right there (the People Mover station is in the way)... the sidewalk to cross is down a block. But still easily walking distance. I think we're going to Puntino instead of Perricone's... although I've heard such good reviews for Perricone's the cost of a taxi plus the higher entree prices are not desirable to us. We're on a pretty tight budget.

That close, that is great. I think I will be making reservation for us on Oct. 2.:D

Laura

We will be trying it on October 10th....I think you will win!!!!:D We are taking a quickie 4 nighter on Majesty of the Seas with my Sis and her husband. First time we will both be together on a trip. Will be a blast!!!!

We don't get back till Oct. 10 so will not be able to tell you how it was. Sorry...:rolleyes:

Laura

Have you tried the street view feature of Google maps ? You can virtually walk the route from the IC to anywhere.

Its pretty neat. I have used this feature a lot for my upcoming stay there - to see what is within walking distance.

Go to google, select maps, and then enter the address for the IC -

"100 Chopin Plaza, Miami, FL 33131"

Just keep zooming in until you get the street level view...

Yes, I have, and the map says where Puntino is, but I cannot see the actual restaurant nor find it in the sign saying what's in the building.

I did see how close a Cuban breakfast place and the CVS are though! :D

Ah, I see what you mean. Looks like the Google view might be a little dated - Puntino's moved in after the Google car drove down that street? The video on the Putino website briefly shows the entrance, and it looks like the same building in the Google photo.

I don't know if this has already been posted on this thread, but I found a great website that posts restaurant menus and maps. It has helped me plan my stay in Miami. Some of these restaurants are beyond my price range, so now I know which ones to avoid.

http://southflorida.menupages.com/restaurants/miami-and-miami-beach/downtown-brickell/all-cuisines/

I am looking forward to trying the meatballs at Puntinos. Mmmmmmmmm.

Best wishes for a wonderful trip for all!

Hello everyone:

We will like to book the IC with lastminutetravel for our Jan.2nd Allure cruise. Does anyone knows when the IC will show up on LMT? Right now they are not offering anything on the Downtown area. I tried a different date and the IC showed up. Will appreciate any help.

Have a good weekend.

I'd recommend the Embassy Suites Miami Airport. They have a cruise deal, where they provide a shuttle to Port of Miami. There is also breakfast and a manager's reception included in the cost. I like Embassy Suites. I like having two rooms and a coffee maker in the room.

Admittedly the area around the airport is not all that interesting, but there are a couple of good restaurants in the area.

The problem with many of the hotels that offer shuttle service to the port is that they only offer 1 way and then you have to pay for shuttle service to get back to your car. And with Embassy, you have to pay for kids in both directions (only adults are free to the port). :mad:

Archived